Yoast is THE tool for SEO
July 06, 2019
Yoast is THE tool for SEO
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins
I am personally using Yoast for promoting my personal website and my clients' sites. The SEO plugin (Yoast) is the tool I use to assure that Google and other search engines are detecting the keywords that I assign to a given site (either mine or a client's). I am a private web developer and offer services for SEO to clients. Yoast is the first plugin I began using many years ago for an individual client. When I saw the results that were showing in Google Analytics, I then used it for my site. As sites are developed, I have continued to provide the installation of Yoast, and I strongly encourage web clients to purchase the paid version in order to then have access to more tools within Yoast.
- It has a user-friendly interface.
- Directions for beginners to advanced users are provided.
- My phrases and/or search terms are easily placed in the form during setup.
- The installation is as simple as any other plugin, if not simpler.
- It shows to slow down the sites I have used it on - so it is slow loading on the end-users part which could discourage them from using the site. It makes a WP site more bloated than it may already be.
- The premium version is required for some of the simple items. I understand that the programmers have to be paid for the Premium, but more may use it if all or more of the basics were available to test it with.
- A subscription payment is a bit much in my opinion. The option for support payments would work better, I think. I could get more clients to use the premium if that were the case.
- Something that I have experienced is that other SEO techniques can't be used, as they often conflict with Yoast.
- If my client is pleased with their use of my services to optimize their site, I in turn receive more inquiries.
- My personal photography website receives a lot of recognition by search engines, and I then receive customers.
- The negative impact is the matter that not all sites can easily benefit from one plugin (i.e. Yoast), and a second or third plugin is an additional expense.
I have used a wide variety of SEO plugins for WordPress sites, and the difference that I have found are:
- The free products are free because of their limitations compared to Yoast.
- Yoast appears to be upgrading alongside WordPress upgrades, which makes it a better functional plugin.
- After many other plugins, Yoast was the only one that could do all that I wanted ... and more for that matter.
Yoast is one of the first of the main five plugins I advise WordPress clients to purchase. Within the recent six months of writing this review, I developed a WordPress site for an organization that is unique in its product offerings for physical health/fitness/rehabilitation, etc. The client was willing to pay extra for my SEO services, and I ultimately found this scenario to be a bit challenging because "physical fitness" and "personal trainer" are commonly used phrases that my client preferred. Yoast helped me in expediting the process of testing search terms, phrases, descriptions of the site and services, etc. I highly recommend this product to any that are trying to boost their site.