Likelihood to Recommend
I like this cloud based learning management system as it allows me to store most of my important materials online and has eased the sharing process with others for meetings. It is easy to incorporate various training related videos for new employees, and the video conferencing feature is amazing as well. The customization templates are really good as well.It is hard to remove an account and it does not walk you through the entire usage process. To understand all the features provided, you have to dig through by yourself without any decent tutorial. I haven't found the customer service very impressive either
As I've stated, the best scenario for an organization to use DigitalChalk is in a highly structured course delivery format where information does not change often, where the course doesn't need any hands-on facilitating, and the outcomes can be automatically assessed. For certificate courses, DigitalChalk has everything the organization needs to implement their courses and certificate delivery.
- The great and fast product, I like to work with it. Also, it is easy to set up.
- Clear and simple analytics about everything that happens in the environment. Very good software.
- While I used the platform, it improved its integrations with PowerPoint, making it easy to convert slides to the DigitalChalk format.
- The editing layers for audio underneath the slides is very user-friendly and easy to use.
- While we didn't use the quiz randomization, I liked how there was a structure built to it so that those who had more robust usage situations than ours would be able to improve engagement and assess learning at a higher level.
- The solution is easy to understand and use. I don't think that a lot of people will struggle with it. They will enjoy using it.
- DigitalChalk really fit our usage scenario well - structured, hands-off course delivery and management. For anyone doing something else outside of this realm, DigitalChalk might not be the best platform.
- DigitalChalk uses its own software to manage its customer support content, and that has both good points and bad points. Not in its favor - because of the limitations, the overall online support experience was not great. I got more out of working with a specific support agent than I did with the website.
With TalentLMS it's easier to create virtual classes; it's a lot simpler and friendlier to use
DigitalChalk gave the organization the hands-on ownership of content creation and delivery while meeting our usage case of hands-off course management on a daily basis and extending the reach of the course content and certificate to as many people as possible. It's easy to use, very cost-effective to implement, and the overall experience means that the course participants get what they need out of the course without a lot of effort on their part.
Return on Investment
- I recommend it to you. The software is completely easy to use. All of the steps at work become more interesting and smooth. The product is available and we also see always updated on it. Nice value for the cost.
- DigtialChalk's ROI is positive - the cost model of low up-front costs to get started, then paying a small amount per course participant means that organizations implementing DigitalChalk as their platform get more than their money's worth from it. It returns profit quickly and on a consistent basis.
- The asynchronous nature of the platform, combined with the targeted usage situation of hands-off course delivery and management, means that resources to create, deliver, and maintain courses can be held with either one person (like an instructional designer) or even an outside contractor. This means that there's little impact to the fixed operating costs involved with hiring someone else to manage it.
DigitalChalkSee All (3) DigitalChalk Screenshots
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Starting at $399