DigitalChalk offers great value with no nonsense implementation and administration
Overall Satisfaction with DigitalChalk
- Digital Chalk has a great video integration feature, which allows you to add pauses and questions to your video training to check user comprehension.
- Our learners are typically older and not very tech-savvy. The user interface of Digital chalk is very clean, simple, and functional. It was very easy for our learners to find their way around and take the training they needed.
- The administration of Digital Chalk is very easy. The function I think may be missing is an easy way to add revisions and assign them to the students who need them. For example, when you update a piece of a course it would have an indication that it is version xxx and would ask who would like to assign it to - everyone who has taken it before or just new students.
- It would nice to have the system recognize when a student has already completed an element of a course that may be used in another course. For example, if video A is part of courses 1 and 2, and the student already watched it in course 1, it would ask the administrator if they should get automated credit for it in course 2, as well.
- Digital Chalk allowed us to move the vast majority of our leadership development training online. This allowed our field managers to spend more time on coaching and mentoring than delivering training. Previously, our field managers were having to spend 48-72 hours training, plus travel expenses.
- Many of our learners had prior negative experiences using online training. After switching to Digital Chalk our learning engagement increased over 100%. The vast majority of feedback receive is positive in regards to the software.
I've worked with Cornerstone, Saba, SuccessFactors, and Blackboard. As an administrator, those systems are a beast to learn and require someone to spend a large portion of their time supporting them. Once you are their customer, their customer support is almost nonexistent. There are so many functions and settings that it's just overwhelming.
By contrast, we had Digital Chalk up and running in a week with minimal issues. The administrative side is so much easier and doesn't require hours of involvement. The customer support is the best support I've ever had with any software, even outside of LMSs.
Do you think DigitalChalk delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with DigitalChalk's feature set?
Did DigitalChalk live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of DigitalChalk go as expected?
Would you buy DigitalChalk again?