Likelihood to Recommend
If you have an AR program across the globe and want to track all interactions you have with them, this tool is right for you. As you can imagine the tool is only as good as the data you put in, so you do have to make it part of your work day to input the data. Say a team member leaves and you have to jump in to cover for them, you are able to see all the interactions they have had with analysts
- Intuitive information fields capture the things that AR practitioners must archive
- Easy to use reporting makes the dissemination of information to key stakeholders efficient
- The customer support is second to none
- Use of the finder feature is a little cumbersome
- The email editor is better but still a little fiddly compared to the likes of Mailchimp
- Adding in new contacts is a little tedious process
- Removing analysts no longer with an organisation - in transit is a little onerous
Based on 1 answer
It's super easy to use, and anything that I cannot figure out, their team usually helps me within hours of my asking!
Based on 2 answers
In the instances I have had issues its been a little tricky to figure things out, some of the videos are helpful but getting email responses are not great compared to online chat and I have found that the response rates have been more than a day in some instances which is not as responsive as I would like compared to other platforms
Prior to using ARchitect, we were using Salesforce. While we did have some customization added, it did not nearly have the robustness that ARchitect provides -- especially since it is designed for AR professionals. We've been using ARchitect for about 8 years and have never looked back. Some examples of vast improvements: 1. Analyst firms/bios. With Salesforce, we needed to maintain all analyst bios -- something that ARchitect does.2. Analyst coverage. We used to track all analyst coverage by visiting multiple analyst websites and manually pasting into spreadsheets. We now not only get a feed of coverage that can be exported into Excel, but we can also customize reports by topic.3. Reporting. Salesforce did not provide the same reporting capabilities that ARchitect provides.
Return on Investment
- This is difficult to say, but a higher ROI would be demonstrated when there's more overlap in analyst foci, i.e. when more than one analyst relations manager deals with the same analyst
Professional in MarketingInformation Technology and Services Company, 10,001+ employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?