Reviews (1-1 of 1)
- Allows multiple users to work on the same estimate at once. This is huge!! Not only can we team up on a project that has a quick deadline but we can also simultaneously collaborate on database updates.
- Performs your takeoff on CAD drawings or vector PDFs. Your typical takeoff software does takeoff on an unintelligent PDF. I say unintelligent because the process you go through is simply to trace the boundaries of your shape. This is time-consuming and can lead to mistakes. With CostX your cursor will stick to the line lines and takeoff the exact measurement. This has cut our takeoff time by 75%. The best part is that this is done in the same software as your estimating software. There are a few software's that have takeoff and estimating in one but CostX is the only one the provides CAD smart takeoff.
- CostX is a lot like Excel. You have the flexibility to set up your workbooks the way your project team thinks. For example, ours is set up to evaluate labor in two ways; productivity (man-hours per widget) or crew hours (3 guys for two days for a given activity).
- Reports are very flexible and the report writers is much easier than Crystal reports.
- If you subscribe to the full version of CostX this provides the most powerful feature of them all......Auto-Revisioning. This function will compare two sets of drawings, identify the changes on a color coded drawing, ask for you to approve the changes and then update your estimate and takeoff. You can even use this to produce custom print outs for RFI's show your design team what changed.
- Your estimating workbooks are live-linked to your takeoff. As you make adjustments to your takeoff your estimate updates accordingly. The workbook has color coded text to hep your team understand whats behind your estimate; Black = manually input, Blue = rates linked to database, and Green = quantity linked to take-off.
- Full integrated subcontractor comparison. We use to do this in excel to compare multiple bidders across every division.
- This is also color coded for a streamlined review process; green = quote, blue = estimate, purple = plug, and orange = other.
- Built in error checking notifies you if you forgot to normalize an item on your subcontractor comparison.
- In the near future the software will be available online allowing you to use remotely.
- Display your cost element summary(labor, material, sub, equipment, other) before you get to reporting.
CostX Scorecard Summary
CostX is estimating software and is provided by Exactal. This software is used around the US and in 80 other countries around the world by estimators, builders, subcontractors and quantity surveyors, from companies both large and small. The vendor says CostX contains their world-leading on-screen 2D and 3D/BIM takeoff, integrated workbook, Bid Day tool and customizable report writer.
Additionally, the vendor says one of the key reasons for the increasing interest in CostX is its ability to work with BIM. CostX has a range of BIM compatible features, including support for Revit BIM files and IFCs, ability to automatically extract quantities or manually measure from the model, the ability to add information (such as QS-ID information) to the model, ability to link 2D drawings to the BIM, and more. In addition, a variety of 2D drawings (scanned, PDF, CAD and more) are still supported.
Pricing is determined by a number of factors. For example, would you want to use BIM or just 2D? Do you need estimating spreadsheets and report generation? Would you want to buy 100 copies or just one? If you send in a sales enquiry to email@example.com, we’ll be able to send you through a quote that will meet your requirements.
CostX Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
CostX Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Supported Countries:||Supported Everywhere|
|Supported Languages:||English, Chinese|