Discord Reviews

June 18, 2021
Jeff Huisjen | TrustRadius Reviewer
Currently Discord is only being used by my department but we've found it to be an excellent communication tool. Because we minister to primarily young people, 12-18, Discord is a platform that many of our students are already on. We use Discord as a communication tool for specific groups; small groups, leaders, age ranges of students, etc. and are easily able to connect and communicate with these groups whenever we need.
  • Discord allows easy setup of servers for specific groups.
  • Discord allows one-on-one private messaging as well as group communication.
  • Discord is easy to install and setup for any age group.
  • Because Discord has been used primarily by the gamer community it sometimes lacks in aesthetics.
  • Sometimes, without proper notification setups, some messages may be missed.
  • Occasionally it's been a struggle to add specific users to a server.
Discord is a phenomenal tool for communication, especially when dealing with a younger demographic. With the ability to create servers, specific rooms, and to voice chat, Discord is really flexible. Because it's used primarily by the gaming community, sometimes it lacks in a professional presentation and can seem a bit more casual.
Read Jeff Huisjen's full review
March 02, 2021
Abhinav Khanna | TrustRadius Reviewer
Discord has various channels which makes talking on different topics easy. But Discord’s UI makes it difficult sometimes to understand the channels. We use Discord to discuss various stuff like mentorship, sharing blogs, normal interaction, community events etc. It is less used now by my organization ever since Slack came into the picture.
  • The amazing stickers and emojis.
  • No limit to the number of channels we can join.
  • The QR facility is a good one for easy joining.
  • They can improve their UI for better user experience.
  • Sometimes sending a direct message to someone gets difficult in discord. They should try to change the functionality and make it simple.
  • They can work to improve functionalities like search since it lags most of the time.
Discord is more suited for conferences, community communication. It can also be used for sharing study material. Discord is less preferred than Slack according to me in corporate companies. While discord is in the list of top applications, it still needs to get a lot of work done to be on the top.
Read Abhinav Khanna's full review
February 23, 2021
Fernanda Alonso | TrustRadius Reviewer
Discord is being used for internal communication between employees about the projects we are developing. We use channels divided by projects so that information is grouped and organized. All employees work remotely and Discord has become a great ally for us to discuss aspects of each project with each responsible team.
  • Team meetings.
  • Channel separation.
  • Individual conversations.
  • Sometimes we have problems with the audio in the voice channels.
I believe that Discord is quite suitable for use within the company, especially companies that are 100% remote. The division by channels provides easy access to information regarding each project. Individual conversations also facilitates communication between company employees. Permission levels also help a lot with each project's level of confidentiality.
Read Fernanda Alonso's full review
May 22, 2021
Discord makes text and audio-based communication between groups of people extremely easy. We use discord weekly for meetings and to communicate on various projects and social interactions.
  • Free plan is perfect for most people.
  • Audio quality is decent.
  • Chat works well and has lots of customization.
  • Dark theme is easy on the eyes.
  • Sometimes communication is laggy.
  • Speech detection is delayed and doesn't work well.
Discord is an excellent platform when you need rapid communication and feedback in either work or social environments. Discord is superior to voice-only conference calls because the chat can be utilized to provide links to additional resources or to share imagery. Discord doesn't have the video capability that other meeting apps have, but for audio/text only it works perfectly.
October 24, 2020
Phil Haldane | TrustRadius Reviewer
Since lockdown in the UK we implemented Discord to give us a fast and effective way to communicate between teams and groups. Discord allows us to jump straight into voice chats in meeting rooms and share content. Perfect for fast efficient design meetings. As we are all working remotely it was the ideal tool to bring us together, and while we are now can visit our office we still utilise it for some remote workers.
  • Streaming Live Desktops to share content
  • Individual Groups for Different Parts of the company
  • Voice Chats
  • Seperate Meeting rooms
  • Ability to keep yourself online without the app timing you out, this can't be changed
  • Auto Unmuting
  • Integration with other services and applications
Discord is an excellent way of keeping your team together and have team discussions when remote working is taking place. It brings all parties together and works extremely well. Even if a user is on the road the mobile app allows you to still be part of the conversation. Users felt integrated into the company as we can start chats at any point and simulates the office environment.
There is plenty of online documentation and knowledge base articles. As well as having an open API to be able to tie it into other products makes it a really viable solution for any business. I have never had to contact support, any questions which I have need answered can be found in the documentation,
Read Phil Haldane's full review
August 26, 2020
Kyle Panackia | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Discord mostly within our IT team to communicate with voice chat and direct messages. It gives us a place to communicate, post updates, and private messages about any issues we have going on. Discord is very stable, provides good call quality, and has made communication very easy for us.
  • Stability
  • Privacy
  • Voice chat quality
  • More features
  • More emojis
  • More themes
Discord is great for communication in the office. With everyone working remotely, it can be hard to lean over to tell someone about something you've been working on. We can use discord channels to communicate with a whole team or direct messaging to communicate with someone specifically on a particular issue. I have been using Discord for many years and have found it a valuable tool in all things communication-based.
I have very rarely had an issue with Discord that I needed to contact support about, but when I have, support has been very quick about reaching back out to me and assisting me in resolving my issue. They read what you say and respond to it with intelligent and helpful responses. Nothing is more frustrating when you try communication with the support of a company and they don't actually read what you have to say or what your issue is. Luckily, Discord takes the time necessary to evaluate problems on an individual basis and assist you based on the problems you're facing.
Read Kyle Panackia's full review
August 29, 2020
Josh Kim | TrustRadius Reviewer
Discord is used within the IT team. It is used to help us stay in contact. There are a few other messaging apps that we use (Teams, Slack) but Discord feels very comfortable and familiar. The ease of use that Discord provides is great. It is also very nice to have during the pandemic because it is an easy way to keep in touch with your friends and family.
  • Messaging is amazing
  • Fun little perks
  • Random call quality drops
  • Access to more emotes without paying
  • More color schemes
Discord may a little less professional when it comes to a professional setting, but everything else about it is just so easily accessible that I would not mind using it in a professional setting. Discord is just extremely easy to use. It has made pandemic a lot less stressful because i do not have to scramble to find ways to talk to friends. Being able to jump in and out of a call is an amazing feature.
I would give it a 10 rating because it absolutely deserves it. Discord has made things like keeping in touch extremely easy for people. Anywhere from gamers, businessmen and even family calls are all a part of this fantastic application. The ease of access of being able to jump in a room with your friends and talk to them is amazing.
Read Josh Kim's full review
November 05, 2020
My organization does not use Discord, but rather I use it in my personal time connecting with other gamers and as a chat function. I know a lot of people who use it for gaming along with other groups that don't want to pay for something like a Slack, or another program, and need a server that can do some programming on its own.
  • Chat function
  • Coding and programming
  • Connecting hobbyists/gamers from around the world
  • Hard to learn
  • Some functions are more challenging to manipulate
I would not recommend Discord for the workplace, but rather recommend it for a network of gamers or people with a like-minded hobby who want to get together in a chat, and be able to use some coding/programming tools along the way. It definitely is great for the gaming community.
I have never used the support function for Discord therefor I really do not know. Would assume it is as good as all the other companies out there, but have never tried and likely won't need to try at any point moving forward. Slack has a great support team though which I have used.
April 22, 2020
Alex Pegg | TrustRadius Reviewer
Discord is a great way to connect with others. As a freelance artist, I am able to find and connect with creative communities for networking and strategic purposes. Especially in this time of global pandemic, it makes communication and idea sharing easy. I use it both for business and personal uses.
  • Organizes groups of people
  • Promoting ideas and strategies
  • Growing a brand
  • Could use more customizable features such as alerts
  • Search function is not the best
Discord is great for promoting a brand's awareness and engaging new users. Recently, I helped on a campaign for Energi cryptocurrency, and Discord provided an awesome environment for bringing in new users and promoting the brand. We were able to share creative memes, 'birthday cards', and the company could even share the coin among active users. It was a unique application of Discord that I was very impressed with.
I haven't had to use support yet, but I do know from speaking with other users that the support is very responsive and plugged into the user base to improve the software and interface and features.
Read Alex Pegg's full review

Workflow Automation (1)
Mobile Access (8)
Search (5)
6.6
Visual planning tools (1)
Chat (9)
9.2
Notifications (8)
Discussions (9)
9.2
Surveys (4)
Internal knowledgebase (2)
Integrates with GoToMeeting (1)
Integrates with Gmail and Google Hangouts (1)
Integrates with Outlook (1)
Versioning (4)
9.6
Video files (8)
Audio files (7)
Document collaboration (5)
Access control (5)
Advanced security features (4)
Integrates with Google Drive (1)
Device sync (2)

What is Discord?

Discord is an app designed to connect users with communities over voice, video, and text chat, via Discord servers, a gaming and game industry oriented app for growing communities around video games and allowing developers to communicate with their customer base; the app may yet also be used for business communications of other kinds.