Score 8.0 out of 10
Wondershare EdrawMax

What is Wondershare EdrawMax?

good alternative

April 06, 2022

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Wondershare EdrawMax, and make your voice heard!

Monthly Plan

per month

Half-yearly Plan

per 6 months

Annual Plan

On Premise
per year

• Setup fee optional
For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.edrawsoft.com/en/pricing…

Product Demos

EdrawMax—Diagram Made Simple
01:11

What is Wondershare EdrawMax?

EdrawMax enables users to tell stories in the form of engaging diagrams, charts, presentations, infographics and other visual content. Presented as an alternative to Visio, EdrawMax allows users to create more than 280 types of diagrams, from technical diagrams to infographics. EdrawMax Online is available on the web, and EdrawMax Desktop is installed on a computer and the documents are processed locally, on the same computer. As a web-based application, EdrawMax Online supports a range of operating systems, including Windows, Mac and Linux and browsers including Chrome, Firefox, IE, and Safari.

For data imported through spreadsheets (e.g. Excel, Google Documents), EdrawMax provides a range of visualization choices to augment presentations, including flowcharts and business graphics. Results can be presented as slides, documents or directly shared via social media channels.

EdrawMax's templates include pre-built and configurable flowmaps, mind maps, layouts supporting marketing, journalism and engineering use cases, as well as database modeling, floor plans, maps, or other use cases requiring the integration of information and illustration.

EdrawMax is available via a range of individual, educational, or business/team pricing plans, some plans including advanced or premium features, with options to buy-once and own forever, or to access features and updates through a semi-annual, annual, or multi-year subscription. Plans available for educational institutions provide similar features at a discount. Accounts are accessible and provide functionality on 2 or 3 devices, per account, depending on the chosen plan.The software is available via a free trial, and the vendor offers a 30 day money back guarantee.

EdrawMax is a product from Wondershare, founded in 2003 and headquartered in China. Wondershare offers a range of document and media (e.g. video) editing tools and solutions, and makes EdrawMax available in a bundle with MindMaster, the company’s mind mapping tool, and EdrawInfo, a beginner design tool.

Wondershare EdrawMax Features

• Supported: Wireframes
  • Supported: Infographics
  • Supported: Presentations

Wondershare EdrawMax Screenshots

Screenshot of Abundant vector symbolsScreenshot of Flowchart templatesScreenshot of Science diagram templatesScreenshot of Floor plan templatesScreenshot of Editing page

Wondershare EdrawMax Videos

Wondershare EdrawMax Integrations

Wondershare EdrawMax Competitors

Wondershare EdrawMax Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise, Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Operating SystemsWindows, Linux, Mac
Supported LanguagesEnglish, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish

Edraw Max, from Wondershare, is an all-in-one diagram software designed to make it simple to create professional-looking flowcharts, organizational charts, network diagrams, business presentations, building plans, mind maps, science illustration, fashion designs, UML diagrams, workflows, program structures, web design diagrams, electrical engineering diagrams, directional maps, database diagrams and more.

Microsoft Visio, Lucidchart, and SmartDraw are common alternatives for Wondershare EdrawMax.

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.2.

The most common users of Wondershare EdrawMax are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

Attribute Ratings

We operate in the field of modular housing and construction. Wondershare EdrawMax helps us to visualize the arrangement of the interior of residential containers or our small houses. Wide range of templates and ready to use icons of equipment are extremely useful in the decision process made by our Clients.
  • Useful templates
  • Variety of icons
  • User friendly
  • Adding foreign languages or at least a possibility to add a diacritical marks by a user
  • Mirror reflection of the drawing would be a very useful tool
  • Changing the angle of the drawing does not work well with dimensioning.
Great tool for space allocation plan, presentations and diagrams. There are some inconveniencec in using it in more elaborate projects.
  • Creating personal templates
  • Creating personal libraries
  • Tutorials
  • Great custom support
  • Visualization of the interior - critical in selling the product
  • Time saver in a selling process
  • Satisfied customers
Needed to contact the support team as I had lost license details. Their response was fast, professional and what's more, very helpful. All the needed data was sent to me and I was able to reinstall Wondershare EdrawMax again.
Do not have a premium support as I've not been aware of such a thing, probably because someone else in the company has purchased EdrawMax license.
One does not acknowledge or appreciate the support team of the given product unless something unexpected happens. The license details have been lost in our company and we were unable to download the full version to a new computer. I send the email asking for help and there was a quick, affable and professional response. You cannot ask for more.
I use the Wondershare EdrawMax program when writing articles and books due to my profession. I can express myself more easily in my studies with this program.
  • Comfort while drawing
  • Library richness
  • Professional library support
  • While saving the output as an image, it may be easy to export to word format files as vector.
  • Due to my profession, power electronics can be a library richness.
Compared to similar programs, I can do my work faster.
  • When writing articles and books, shapes need to be high resolution and original, and this program provides it to me.
  • When I send my work to someone else, the other party sees it in low resolution.
Wondershare EdrawMax program provided ease of use and library richness.
April 06, 2022

good alternative

As an IT Solution Architect, I build solution packs for several clients. I use the Wondershare EdrawMind to mind map the details around the intake of requirements and workflow for the requested project design. Once I have the project request vetted and mind mapped, I will then use Edraw-Max to take the material and create a more detailed design of the solution detailing the requirements in the design with any data and application flows. While there are many tools out there for this type of activity, I appreciate how the EdrawMin and Edraw-max integrate. The number of useful templates, icons, intuitive interface and the import/export feature helps me create documents my clients can utilize as well depending on the tool of choice for their business needs. The Wondershare Support team is also very responsive and does their best to assist you, they follow up to assure your need/issue is resolved. In the event, there is no options/solution they do take the information to the development team. I was pleasantly pleased when they took my need and forwarded to the development team to evaluate in future updates.
  • Integrates with Mind mapping tool Edrawmind.
  • Large selection of template for a number of business needs.
  • Build timelines and charts.
  • Better Visio import/export
  • Easier option to make the working field infinite or auto break into pages.
As part of the suite of tools from Wondershare, EdrawMax provides a large set of tools found in more expensive proprietary tools, integration with Mind Mapping which is a core workstream for my style, The usability of the interface, and options to utilize templated from other toolsets, import-export to other tool types. The tool is a good cost to function ratio.
  • Mind Mapping
  • Large selection of templates
  • Import/export to other tool types
  • User Interface
  • Stream Line solution design, able to complete task in shorter time.
  • I don't have to own many tools for different clients.
  • Utilization of Mind Mapping to work through the requirements process.
Obviously, Visio is considered the Gold standard, But you are locked into the MS ecosystem. Lucidchart felt less polished and cumbersome to use. ConceptDraw UI was a bit more cluttered and the learning curves were a bit step.
Fantastic replacement for Visio for us Linux users. I try to use Linux 100% but in my line of work, I do a lot of process design and exchange these with others. This is typically done with Visio but no longer! I have been using EdrawMax on my Ubuntu laptop for around 2 years now and love it. I've had a few hiccups with Visio compatibility along the way, but I report these to the wonderful Wondershare support team and they always go out of their way to sort it out. Including upgrading the product to incorporate the fixes I have specifically asked about. I highly recommend for anyone, Linux, Mac, or Windows users, to try this product.
  • Great support
  • Excellent tool
  • Good resources
  • Visio compatibility can be a but hit and miss but is mostly good.
Well suited to anyone who needs to do process flows, infographics, BPN diagrams, anything you would normally do with Visio really.
  • Flow charting
  • Allowed me to be 100% on Linux.
I tried a heap, the two listed come to mind but I tried many others. Edraw max stood out in terms of price and functionality.
Tony Whitmore | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Edraw for both academic and research activities. Students in our senior design classes find e-draw to be the best overall and allows simple line drawings for P&ID or electrical schematics to be quickly and accurately generated.
  • P&ID
  • Electrical Schematics
  • The "perpetual" license expires after three years. That is a Nuisance.
The software is simple, intuitive, accurate, and has sufficient capabilities for our purposes. It works much more efficiently than the major CAD programs which are not intended for top-level design schematics.
  • Ease of use and reduced cost.
More intuitive, less of a learning curve for novice users.
Ease of use and reduced cost.