Dropbox is a service for file syncing and sharing, or for cloud storage.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/EY/kx/17RS56T19PDD.PNGDropbox ReviewIt is an easily accessible tool and allows you to share your work to perform joint tasks remotely, provided they have an Internet connection and with the prior authorization of the user who owns the account. It allows you to store different files in the cloud, and you can use them in any space. Its use is simple and you can store 2GB free. I use it daily and it is very useful.,With Dropbox I can save photos, files, videos and documents to share with other users. The stored information can be connected in a central place and can be synchronized safely on all your devices to access them anytime, anywhere. It is very easy to send large files, even to people who do not have a Dropbox account Allows you to have a backup of your files and save them in the cloud that will facilitate the availability of them on any computer, tablet, laptop, and phone,The small free storage space can be expanded, of course, you can expand the storage, which has a cost. You can access the tool only if you have access to the Internet, which limits access to information When sharing files, you should not work on the same file at the same time, since it is because two copies of the file are created. You can only synchronize what is inside the folder that is created automatically.,10,Companies make large investments in systems that allow them to control information, with Dropbox in their goals are met without the need to invest large amounts of money, unless you seek to expand the service and even then it is not very expensive. It is a free service of up to 2 GB and with the possibility of extending the payment I would recommend the use of this tool since it is a service that offers an excellent option to share and protect information and synchronize it so that it is available on any device.,Google Drive,Google Drive, Wrike, OneDriveDropbox: an easy use to storage your filesI'm a DJ and a musician and I need good storage capacity for my songs, musical mixes, photographs, videos and other things that help me do my job. There are several software tools that help you with storage, but Dropbox is one of my favorites because it is easy to use and is backed by one of the best companies in the world: Microsoft.,It has a 2GB free storage version, which helps you save important information Very easy to use. You do not need to see videos or tutorials to understand the software Everything is saved in the cloud on Microsoft servers,The free version could increase its storage capacity Instead of having individual accounts, it would be good to have shared accounts where there are several people,9,As a musician I make mixes of songs and I need to save videos and photographs. Dropbox is a favorite place to store all my information. Sometimes I have wanted to store information, but this is very bad and the free storage of 2GB is very [limited].,Apple iCloud,Google Drive, Apple iCloud, Amazon Cloud Drive,No,Price Product Usability Product Reputation Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor,I would change that free storage could have a minimum of 15 GB. Sometimes 2GB is very little. I would also like to have shared accounts with more people where we can all use and interact as a social network. This would give Dropbox a good reputation and i think they would need it.Dropbox serves us well for large files storage and sharing with clientsAs a digital marketing agency, we must pass a lot of information, including text, images, and videos, back and forth between clients and internally within our company. As a company that designs and builds new websites for clients, we often have to include or link to content that is too large for most files' uploaders. Dropbox can handle very large uploads, which makes it not only preferable but essential in some cases.,Handles large file uploads. Creates links for easy sharing/viewing of files, without the need to download or re-upload. Easy to use internally or with clients. Simple and most companies we work with already seem to use Dropbox, so there is usually a baseline of familiarity.,I don't know if it is possible to integrate Dropbox with G Suite, but we use G Suite for a great many things, and having to use Dropbox means having to open another application. Not a big deal, but Dropbox serves a relatively narrow purpose for our company. I have heard about a few customer service nightmares, but have not personally experienced them.,8,I believe Dropbox is relatively affordable, and for its ease of use, it performs strongly in the ways we need it to, and makes it easy for sharing with clients or internally. I wouldn't say it has saved us any money, but it's effective for the price.,Google Drive,Canva, AdWords, Yoast Wordpress SEO PluginsThe future is in how to use the informationThis tool was installed on our field research departament and our team uses it remotely when it needs to refresh some information or consult something that was already developed as part or our work. Another result that this app has given us is that we have solved a communication conflict. That is, we no longer have to call our assistant manager to corroborate or request information. With this tool we save valuable time to invest in other stages of research process.,Being an online service you can access the files from any PC entering the account. It has a virtual hard drive where you can work freely, almost anywhere. You only need internet access, also you can share files with anyone without needing to be added to the mail.,When sharing files, you should not work on the same file at the same time, as it causes conflicts and two copies of the file are created. You can only synchronize what is inside the folder that is created automatically. When sharing files you should not work on it at the same time as it creates conflict and the file is duplicated.,10,We avoid the inconvenience of going around the office loading an USB and installation means for scanners, printers and all kinds of peripheral devices. It has also helped me a lot to realize when team members are working since dropbox sends an alert every time a file is updated. The fact of using this tool has made us react in terms of the use of IT and the appropriate app for the work we are developing or that we develop in the near future to grow with our business.,Google Drive and Box,Google Analytics, DataTorrent, SkypeDon't get boxed in by big files... Get Dropbox!Currently, I am using Dropbox personally. However, the product was recommended to me by a faculty member of Grinnell College. Recently, I have been using it to share a few specific MP3 files for a performance. I also have used it to receive large groups of documents that do not fit in the attachment section of an email.,Transfer large files quickly. Often times, when trying to send a large file to somebody, you have to sit and wait for it to upload into an attachment and then send it. With Dropbox, you can just drop it in the Dropbox file and then you're done. Great for efficiency. Easy to share with many people. Since my files remain in the same folder, it is extremely simple to add other people to the list of those with whom I want to share the files. Dropbox is discrete and unimposing in terms of its user-interface. I like that the Dropbox logo is small and appears in the Tool bar of my computer (I use a Mac). I also like that the Dropbox window looks just like any other window I would open from the Finder menu.,A bit difficult to get started. I was a little confused when I first started using the product because I wasn't sure if I needed to do something online first or if I could just click on the icon on my desktop toolbar. I wish these instructions had been made more explicit to me. No customer follow-up. I wish that Dropbox would check in with me more often to ask how my experience is. No or unnoticed notification. When files have been shared with me, there has been no explicit notification made by Dropbox. Perhaps, I have just not noticed it. This isn't as big as a deal because I'm usually notified by whomever is sending me the files, but this could be improved upon.,9,This question is not particularly applicable to me as an individual user, but I would say that Dropbox has increased time efficiency for me.,MailChimp,10
Dropbox

Dropbox Reviews

Dropbox
Filter 1480 vetted Dropbox reviews and ratings
Maria Gabriela Hernandez profile photo
July 19, 2018

"Dropbox Review"

• With Dropbox I can save photos, files, videos and documents to share with other users.
  • The stored information can be connected in a central place and can be synchronized safely on all your devices to access them anytime, anywhere.
  • It is very easy to send large files, even to people who do not have a Dropbox account
  • Allows you to have a backup of your files and save them in the cloud that will facilitate the availability of them on any computer, tablet, laptop, and phone
  • The small free storage space can be expanded, of course, you can expand the storage, which has a cost.
  • You can access the tool only if you have access to the Internet, which limits access to information
  • When sharing files, you should not work on the same file at the same time, since it is because two copies of the file are created. You can only synchronize what is inside the folder that is created automatically.
Dropbox is ideal for an organization that compiles and carries out several joint works, which allows you to share information and accesses them from each departmental space. You should, however, bear in mind that when you share files you should not work on the same file at the same time since two copies of the file are created.
Read Maria Gabriela Hernandez's full review
Miguel Brito profile photo
May 22, 2018

Review: "Dropbox: an easy use to storage your files"

• It has a 2GB free storage version, which helps you save important information
  • Very easy to use. You do not need to see videos or tutorials to understand the software
  • Everything is saved in the cloud on Microsoft servers
  • The free version could increase its storage capacity
  • Instead of having individual accounts, it would be good to have shared accounts where there are several people
If you need to store important information for yourself, like songs, photographs, and videos that are not heavy, this program (free version) helps you.

On the other hand, if you are looking for a larger storage system, you should think about the business version, since 2GB would not be enough for those looking for large-scale storage.
Read Miguel Brito's full review
Anthony Burke profile photo
May 18, 2018

Review: "Dropbox serves us well for large files storage and sharing with clients"

• Handles large file uploads.
  • Creates links for easy sharing/viewing of files, without the need to download or re-upload.
  • Easy to use internally or with clients. Simple and most companies we work with already seem to use Dropbox, so there is usually a baseline of familiarity.
  • I don't know if it is possible to integrate Dropbox with G Suite, but we use G Suite for a great many things, and having to use Dropbox means having to open another application. Not a big deal, but Dropbox serves a relatively narrow purpose for our company.
  • I have heard about a few customer service nightmares, but have not personally experienced them.
Dropbox is great for files storage and sharing. There are other applications that can do these things, but Dropbox has come through in ways that others have not by allowing us to upload very large files, and make them accessible. It seems pretty great for all storage situations, but if you don't deal with very large files.
Read Anthony Burke's full review
Marlon Seijas profile photo
September 07, 2018

Dropbox Review: "The future is in how to use the information"

• Being an online service you can access the files from any PC entering the account.
  • It has a virtual hard drive where you can work freely, almost anywhere.
  • You only need internet access, also you can share files with anyone without needing to be added to the mail.
  • When sharing files, you should not work on the same file at the same time, as it causes conflicts and two copies of the file are created.
  • You can only synchronize what is inside the folder that is created automatically.
  • When sharing files you should not work on it at the same time as it creates conflict and the file is duplicated.
It is essential to have a tool that allows you to access the information wherever you are, it is better when a tool is available to any device (computers, phone or tablets). Now there is information technology for all kinds of businesses, for our organization it has served for the easy accessing to the files. Each organization must evaluated the cost benefit of installing an application to improve their bussiness.
Read Marlon Seijas's full review
June 06, 2018

Review: "Don't get boxed in by big files... Get Dropbox!"

• Transfer large files quickly. Often times, when trying to send a large file to somebody, you have to sit and wait for it to upload into an attachment and then send it. With Dropbox, you can just drop it in the Dropbox file and then you're done. Great for efficiency.
  • Easy to share with many people. Since my files remain in the same folder, it is extremely simple to add other people to the list of those with whom I want to share the files.
  • Dropbox is discrete and unimposing in terms of its user-interface. I like that the Dropbox logo is small and appears in the Tool bar of my computer (I use a Mac). I also like that the Dropbox window looks just like any other window I would open from the Finder menu.
  • A bit difficult to get started. I was a little confused when I first started using the product because I wasn't sure if I needed to do something online first or if I could just click on the icon on my desktop toolbar. I wish these instructions had been made more explicit to me.
  • No customer follow-up. I wish that Dropbox would check in with me more often to ask how my experience is.
  • No or unnoticed notification. When files have been shared with me, there has been no explicit notification made by Dropbox. Perhaps, I have just not noticed it. This isn't as big as a deal because I'm usually notified by whomever is sending me the files, but this could be improved upon.
Dropbox is particularly good for those who are less comfortable with computer programs. It is extremely easy to learn and to use.
I know that it works well with many files, since there really is no size limit.
If someone were to ask me for advice about a file sharing software, I would say "Do you want something that is free and easy to use that as far as I know works?" And if they answered yes I would respond with "Then you should get Dropbox."
May 21, 2018

Dropbox Review: "Best Cloud Storage Service"

As the designer at the company, I usually need to make the regular updates (weekly, monthly) on several marketing materials. In order to reduce the trouble caused by multiple versions, I usually upload the latest version of the materials into Dropbox and share the Dropbox link with other teams. In this case, we do not have to go back and forth to double check which version it is, we can always get the latest version from the Dropbox.
  • It increases the ability for collaboration between different teams and departments.
  • It can store a vast amount of files and always back them up in the cloud.
  • It syncs across various devices. I can always access the file with different devices (PC, tablet, mobile phones, etc.)
  • Limit features for Dropbox Paper. This is a new product but I wish it could be much more powerful in the future.
  • Sometimes, it is difficult for me to search for one file. This is a universal problem for other software too.
  • It takes a long time to sync all files into a new desktop.
  • It would be nice if we can customize the Dropbox link.
I have used other similar software but only Dropbox has met my needs with not only the clean interface and the ability of collaboration, but also the strong ability of synchronization across multiple devices. It is well suited for sharing files between team members and departments.
July 05, 2018

User Review: "Dropbox is great to use!"

It was being used as a shared folder for work documents.
  • Host files digitally or virtually
  • Allows you to grant user access with limited or unlimited permissions.
  • Allows you to share a link with new users to enable access
  • Being able to access Dropbox content from any device through the app
  • I spend a little time on lost data
  • Every time I would save a file it would create multiple copies which caused confusion.
  • Access never expires so too many people would have access to files when it wasn’t needed
Login hours for work activity , nonsensitive information. It helped a lot to track my hours through my work day.
Jacob Jeffries profile photo
December 07, 2017

Dropbox Review: "Drop the box, not the ball."

Currently, I use Dropbox on a daily basis. Being able to access my files securely from anywhere is a critical component to my organization. I can open the files on my home computer, make changes, and then have access to the most up to date file from my work computer no matter where I take it. It integrates well with my Microsoft Surface 3, iMac, and iPhone. I have no issues with it on any of the operating systems. Most of the time the files sync and are up to date within seconds. One of the features that I utilize and enjoy the most is the ability to sync the camera uploads from the iPhone to a folder within Dropbox. I also enjoy being able to easily share documents with other people. Due to the fantastic ability for collaboration, it can act as a sort of file server without the need to invest in larger infrastructure. It also replaces flash drives which can be easily lost. Every once in a while I do encounter an issue with the syncing but overall there are no major issues with the software.
  • It does a great job of syncing files and keeping everything up to date for you no matter where you are.
  • It boosts the ability for collaboration with the use of file sharing.
  • It is capable of working well across multiple platforms.
  • It eliminates the risk of having valuable data on a flash drive and then losing said flash drive.
  • When using Excel within the app on the iPhone it can be cumbersome trying to navigate different tabs. There could be possible room for improvement with office integration.
  • Sometimes I have issues with sharing files from within the folders when using the integrated computer application. Usually I can work this by logging in on the web and initializing the share from there.
  • I wish there was a way to get it to auto-sync whenever you are connected to wi-fi without having to open the app on the iPhone.
Dropbox is well suited for file sharing and file syncing. I highly recommend it to anyone that works from multiple locations or uses multiple peripherals. It may be less appropriate for large-scale collaboration unless you invest in an appropriate package. It may also be less appropriate depending on how secure the files need to be. I have never had any issues with security for my purposes but sensitive documents like medical records may not be suitable without research into the security offered by Dropbox.
Read Jacob Jeffries's full review
Emily Westergaard profile photo
December 06, 2017

Review: "Dropbox selected for robust features, flexibility, and positive user experience"

We're a small nonprofit that has employees across four sites. We needed a "server" that would allow us to store all of our documents securely, back them up continuously, and on a system that was easy for our off-site employees to access. We also need to share documents with partners outside of the organization, and be able to give them read-only access or edit access. Dropbox does all of this nicely.
  • Dropbox syncs across all team members' computers, so that we can keep documents up to date and accessible for all employees across work sites.
  • Dropbox makes documents accessible from the cloud - so I don't have to take my computer with me all the time.
  • Dropbox backs everything up - so when one of my employee's computers broke, we didn't lose any of the documents he was working on.
  • It does not allow multiple users to update a document in real-time, like Google Docs seems to. This would be a great feature, but the ability to edit permissions, share within and outside the organization, and access documents from other work stations outweighs the need to edit in real time with multiple people.
  • If Dropbox software isn't installed on your computer, it takes a bit longer to visit the website, login, find the documents, download a document, and then upload the new document.
  • With Dropbox software is installed on my computer, I have instant access to everything on the server even when I'm offline. But that means I have a copy of everything on my local computer, and it can eat up hard drive space pretty quickly.
I strongly prefer Dropbox over other systems like Carbonite or Google Docs. It is much more user friendly, and functions as a server where all my documents are stored, but that I have access to when I'm offline. Then when I next connect with a wireless network, it sync's everything back up.

For a small organization that can't afford it's own IT department but that needs a documents server, Dropbox is the only solution I've found that fits all our needs.
Read Emily Westergaard's full review
Michelle Hidalgo profile photo
November 22, 2017

Review: "DropBox is the perfect file sharing tool!"

I work as a development and marketing manager with Healthy Smiles, Healthy Children and we use Dropbox weekly to upload photos, stories, documents for different projects and share among other coworkers who may be unable to access documents in our shared drive. We send board and committee reports to members often via Dropbox as some of our members are unable to open our PDF and Excel files especially if they have different versions than us. Dropbox is such a great tool to organize and share documents especially if users are unable to open other types of files. You could easily drag and drop files in the folders you create and easily share.
  • Drag and drop feature is extremely user-friendly and it allows you to upload endless files.
  • Ability to organize documents, photos.
  • Easy to share documents with anyone by emailing them the link or simply entering their email when you choose to share the file. You are able to share with multiple people and you could also include a message when sharing the files.
  • With it being web-based, I wonder about security especially however the website seems really secure. It's best to use with non-confidential information. The most confidential info I place in Dropbox is our Annual Report documents.
  • The app features could use improvement. I don't find the mobile version to be as user friendly and sometimes I'm unable to view files on mobile. I have a hard time editing documents on the app version.
  • Would be neat if there was a real-time feature, chat available, and ability to upload files to the app version.
Dropbox is one of the best file sharing tools allowing you to organize and share multiple documents with coworkers, friends, family. You are able to upload and share large files including videos. It's great for sharing files with board and committee members who may be unable to access PDF or Excel versions you send over.

I would resist from uploading and sharing any sensitive information especially donor, client records. This is a great sharing tool for non-confidential items.
Read Michelle Hidalgo's full review
Katie McFarland profile photo
February 15, 2018

User Review: "Data Sharing through DropBox"

In working collaboratively with colleagues at several universities, we have used dropbox to safely and quickly share large files and folders.
  • File organization is easy
  • Mobile app makes sharing on the go and access in the field simple
  • Sharing is simple and well organized to easily see who has accesses to files
  • When opening a folder to look for files, it would be better if it opened as a cascade rather than in a new tab.
Dropbox has helped to share files for specific machines in our laboratory. Protocols were shared through dropbox within specific folders to gain immediate access. I have also frequently used this to share projects with many large data sets.
Read Katie McFarland's full review
Luiza Kowalczyka profile photo
January 16, 2018

Dropbox Review: "Helpful and useful"

Uploaded files can be easily shared with everyone in the company and this is awesome. Everyone has to access it with their phones or laptops, they can check what's going on. And you can use Dropbox as main online space to upload and keep your files in there. And there is no chance of losing them.
  • Good customer service
  • Old and reliable product
  • Simple design
  • IOS version is not working good as desktop version
  • Storage plans are very jumpy and pricey
  • Weak syncing
File-hosting and sharing with Dropbox is helping so much. Dropbox is the old and well-known cloud product on the market. Keeping your files on hard drives and other devices is not as good as keeping them on an online cloud space that everyone easily accesses them and uses them wherever they want and from any device.
Read Luiza Kowalczyka's full review
Sarah Benzvi profile photo
December 07, 2017

Review: "Dropbox: Helpful for Educational Purposes"

It is used individually by people. While it's not required across the whole organization, it is encouraged. It addresses multiple business problems. As a lecturer, I work with a lot of first-year, first-generation university students, and they are often overwhelmed by all the work they have to keep track of, how many digital documents and readings are required, etc. It is an accessible way to share files and documents so that everyone has up-to-date copies of things. Also, it helps with organization--if all files are in one place, it is less frustrating for students. Also, when working with documents that require written feedback, it is easy for me, as an instructor, to go into dropbox and find the right drafts of papers, projects, etc.
  • Syncs files across computers particularly well--my home computer and my desktop both can store the same documents.
  • It's easy to use--my freshman college students have no trouble with it.
  • It's well-organized--you can always find what you are looking for.
  • The search bar is helpful when looking for documents.
  • Setting-up can be a bit confusing.
  • Occasionally, a file will get duplicated.
  • At times, it's a little confusing when two people are in the same folder.
It is well-suited to university situations when sharing files; it is incredibly helpful to sync documents, find all your information, etc. It's an excellent way to store things in the cloud so that you can log on when not at your own computer. It's incredibly helpful for conference presentations, travel, etc. because, like I said, it doesn't need to be your own computer. The only thing that I would recommend changing is the set-up--at times, it's a bit confusing to figure out how to sync at first but then you figure it out and it works like a dream. I see Dropbox working well in my educational situation.
Read Sarah Benzvi's full review
Sarah Crisp profile photo
December 07, 2017

User Review: "Dropbox is great for everyday use"

Dropbox is being used by our whole organization on a collective and individual level. I use Dropbox to manage different aspect of my programs internally, but the Dropbox links are sometimes shared externally as well. As a whole, we use Dropbox to look at other peoples reports and presentations that are current or were used in the past. We also use Dropbox to manage one another program's is someone is out of the office or needs assistance.
  • Collaboration
  • Ease of use
  • Sync to computer
  • Organization
  • Integration
  • Sharing links
  • Syncing can be slow
  • Two people cannot access the same document at the same time in some cases without causing errors
  • If you have Dropbox synced to your computer it can take up a lot of space
Dropbox is well suited when storing and accessing any type of Microsoft file- word, excel, powerpoint. It is also GREAT for sharing large files like photos and videos. However, it can get a bit tricky when utilizing Keynote. If two people try to enter the same keynote at the same time, it can cause major errors like a duplicate being made with errors, the work not saving etc. It can be very detrimental to time and efficiency.
Read Sarah Crisp's full review
Valerie A. Williams profile photo
December 07, 2017

Dropbox: "Reliable, Integrated Cloud Storage Doesn't Get Much Easier"

I use dropbox primarily as a shared repository for clients/projects. We usually end up with a directory structure that separates content in a useful way, which helps everyone on the project stay organized. If I'm working on a design project and there are photos, logos and other supporting files I need, the client can easily upload all of it - plus, new files can be added or removed. I can also provide them with source files or finalized PDFs. It also keeps clients from attaching multiple 20MB picture files to an email!
  • Integration – you can use it everywhere. I use Dropbox on my desktop for the most part but I've used the mobile version and the app on my Android phone. I don't often "sync" files because I don't need to have GBs of data backed up on my local computer.
  • Folder structure / access. Super easy to create a folder, sub folders, upload files and then share with people on your team or with a client. Since Dropbox is widely used, I've never had an issue where a client wasn't familiar with it. Even non-techies.
  • Integrates with other apps and services. I can easily save attachments to Dropbox from gmail, Wrike and a few other services I use. Some sites I purchase resources from offer dropbox integration as well.
  • With a free account, you can run out of space pretty quickly if you're invited to a user's dropbox that has large amounts of data. For that reason I usually don't "add" the files to my account because I'm prompted to upgrade. I paid for the service for a month or so just to maintain access but since I don't use it every day, I couldn't justify a monthly fee, no matter how nominal. I just use other services that don't have limitations.
  • I get that they have to make their money but you have to upgrade to a business account to use two email addresses (unless something has changed). I have personal files and professional files I'd like to be able to access through one account.
Works well for teams - especially for creative projects. We store and share all types of assets: videos, photos, Word docs and PDFs. Most can be previewed from within dropbox interface. The free account offers plenty of space if you don't use it constantly or have multiple connected accounts. It also keeps important files accessible. I've had clients text or call me urgently for some file they can't put their hands on and if I'm not on my desktop, I can't assist. That prompted me to create client folders with frequently requested files (like logos or media kits) on my account and leave them there indefinitely. They can go back and download files they need whenever they want or copy them over to their own dropbox account.
Read Valerie A. Williams's full review
February 09, 2018

"QA Analyst Review of DropBox"

We currently use Dropbox as a way to share files between employees and contractors. We use it within a few select departments. It addresses the issue of getting files/documents that are sometimes large and/or a lot of between people. We want to make sure the files are delivered quickly, efficiently, and safely. Email can often lead to slow delivery and if the file is too large may result in an undelivered file.
  • Easily accessible
  • Secure
  • Easy to learn how to use
  • Basic layout
  • Limited features with the free version
  • Cost
It is well suited for sharing files between employees. It is good option for when you have employees working remotely without access to the same folders. The delivery is fairly quick.

It is less appropriate for secure, sensitive files. Our IT does not approve of those type of files to be shared using Dropbox.
January 17, 2018

Dropbox Review: "Great Cloud-based File Sharing Service"

We use Dropbox for our Engineering department. We are working on a special product launch that requires employees across the country to collaborate on our design. As each 3D CAD file is created or updated, it is put in Dropbox as a way for everyone to have access and review each drawing. It is a convenient way for everyone to have a centralized location for all files on the project. It helps us a lot as some employees are in the Midwest and some are on the West Coast. Dropbox make it easy for use to work together remotely.
  • One of the things I really like about Dropbox is that I get a notification on my toolbar when ever someone has added a new file to our folder. This way I can review the new file as they are updated.
  • It is easy to use. The file-sharing features are very easy to use.
  • It is cloud based. I can access my files on my mobile device.
  • The free service I believe is capped at 2GB. If you need more than that, you will have to purchase additional space.
  • There is no real-time collaboration like Google Docs.
  • You can't upload files directly from the app. To upload files, you have to sync them to the folder on your hard drive.
I think it is good for a place for employees to have a centralized location for projects you may be working on. As I understand it, security may be a concern with Dropbox. There is no secure encryption of data. So, I would recommend using Dropbox only for non-sensitive files. Also, it is a file syncing service and not a file backup service. So, make sure you backup your files appropriately.
December 07, 2017

Dropbox Review: "An excellent tool to store and share files"

Dropbox is used in our organisation to distribute files as well as sort them into accessible folders, so they can be picked up from anyone inside the company. The Sales department are prominent users but a lot of other teams get involved too, including Marketing, IT and Human Resources. It allows us to send files across the company, in our overseas offices too, as well as allow limited access to certain files.
  • Collaboration between others so they all can work on one copy of a document and make various changes so others can see.
  • Picking up a file from home, working on it and being able to access that same file later at work is one of the features that really helps save time.
  • Giving access to certain groups of people is great as it allows only users who are relevant to view files and also limits them from viewing anything personal.
  • The storage capabilities have always been an issue and I feel the system of allowing more space, simply because a link to sign-up was shared, is flawed because one person can end up with lots of memory, whilst another has no chance because everyone has signed up already.
Dropbox is really good when a certain number of people are working on a file from various locations. We have lots of senior members of the team who travel frequently so it's almost impossible for them to be in the same room at the same time. Now to have a document open on Dropbox and leaving it to these members to work on, one-by-one, is fantastic as it allows anyone to put it all together and collaborate these thoughts. Where it is less appropriate would be when you wouldn't know if someone has the same file in a different folder that's not viewable by everyone. This can cause duplication problems.
Matthew McGrath profile photo
March 21, 2017

"Matthew M's Dropbox review"

Dropbox is used effortlessly by our organization by sharing files and documents. Only by dragging and dropping can an unlimited amount of documents be shared across all users of Dropbox within our organization. Dropbox addresses the problem of distributing files across all departments in our organization by making it simple and time-effective.
  • Pretty much unlimited storage
  • Easy-to-use interface
  • Share documents in a variety of different ways
  • Expensive
  • Five users minimum
  • Limited online editing
Some scenarios where Dropbox is best suited is when documents and files need to be shared across a large group or multiple departments in a simple and fast manner. However, it not effective to use in smaller groups and there are restrictions to editing the files once uploaded to the Dropbox server.
Read Matthew McGrath's full review
Regina McGrath profile photo
March 15, 2017

"Dropbox - Regina McGrath's Review"

Dropbox is being used across the whole organization. It does contain softcopies of our files like leases, contracts, tenant and property owner information, property pictures and other important documents.
  • Saves & syncs documents real time
  • Back-up files
  • Share files to friends
  • I can't honestly think of any feature that Dropbox is lacking.
Dropbox is well suited for a remote transaction wherein you need to transfer a specific file to another person away from you.
Read Regina McGrath's full review
John Bloemker profile photo
June 21, 2016

User Review: "Dropbox File Management Solution"

Dropbox is being used across the entirety of our company to implement a solution for storing client files. We started using Dropbox to organize all of our client's files in a way that all employees were able to access them at any time, from any location. This is particularly valuable when team members are meeting/working with clients outside of the office.
  • Dropbox app lets you access the dropbox files through a folder on your desktop
  • Dropbox notifies you when changes are made to a file or folder
  • The ability to share a specific folder with someone allows us to let clients upload files to our Dropbox without risk of them seeing sensitive information.
  • The native web app for Dropbox is difficult to navigate
  • I wish Dropbox had a share option so that individuals could view previews of a file, but not download them
Dropbox is best suited for a situation where there are individuals moving in and out of the office but still need to be able to access certain files and information despite being outside of the office. This also helps keep multiple copies of the same document from appearing, since everyone can access the original at all times.
Read John Bloemker's full review
Terrence Souma profile photo
November 14, 2016

User Review: "Dropbox like its hot!"

It's an easy and effective way to transfer data.
  • Quick downloads
  • Easy to share download links
  • Large space capacity
  • I see nothing wrong with the service
One time I needed to download a large amount of data and it was easier to use dropbox as opposed to a client provided FTP site. It was quick easy and didn't give any issue with download speed and time. I would recommend this to everyone I know that has a need for data transfer.
Read Terrence Souma's full review
Carl Grivakis profile photo
February 12, 2016

Review: "Dropbox - Collaborative storage for Distributed Workforce"

Dropbox has been a shared storage solution for our virtual team members. It's an essential tool for collaboration across state and country borders, and has created a seamless workflow for the designers working across the country. In the past we've used Dropbox as a storage and collaboration solution to work concurrently on iterations of a project, as well as distribute the final project to our printers, trainers, and international partners. The different levels of user allow for easy (and limited) access to people across all needs of integration, including external freelance designers and trainers.
  • Dropbox retains the ability to roll back a couple generations for a file, this is important if you have an error saving over old files. (This has saved me several times.)
  • Syncing up to Dropbox on a variety of computers makes the workflow clear and simple across laptops and desktops, when I am switching from Mac to PC to test compatibility, I know that the files I need are updated in real time between both synced computers. This also makes working with dropbox easy as your computer sees it more like a hard drive.
  • Dropbox allows for users to be easily turned on and off, so as participants come and go, you can easily manage the accessibility so there is no gaps in protecting your files.
  • Sharing files with our printers, partners, and delivery team is easy as sending a link.
  • The interface via the web is very minimal, perhaps even overly simplified for some users. Abbreviations for contributors are signified by a 2 letter abbreviation. Finding some of the levels of ownership for folders can be slow going.
  • Syncing up a new system, depending on the size of the files, can take forever. Also the syncing of files on a computer that has been in sleep mode can slow performance on the machine.
Dropbox is great for distributed teams and collaborators. It's also a good solution for small businesses that have people that might work remotely a couple days a week, or travel a lot. A lost or stolen computer might only translate to loss of hardware, but not files you worked on and backed up to a Dropbox account.
Read Carl Grivakis's full review
Paul Bruce profile photo
May 28, 2016

"Review of Dropbox by Paul Bruce in Raleigh"

We use it for sharing text and graphic files between our design department and the rest of our company. Helps when a new employee joins our team, they have immediate access to all of our files, from their desktop or their phone.
  • Easy to use and access, from desktop AND mobile.
  • I also use it for personal use!
  • NOT ENOUGH SPACE!!!
Space limitations make this product harder and harder to utilize, especially in a business environment.
Read Paul Bruce's full review
Julie Soviero profile photo
April 13, 2016

"Dropbox Data Review"

I use Dropbox personally and professionally. In business, I use dropbox as a way to share large data sets with clients.
  • Ease of use
  • Great help features
  • Reliable
  • Extend the memory space
Dropbox is suited well for personal and business use. It's easy to use for all levels of computer savvy.
Read Julie Soviero's full review

Access control (24)
9.2
File search (24)
Device sync (22)
User and role management (24)
File organization (24)
Device management (21)
9.2
Performance (24)
9.5
Reliability (24)
Storage Reports (21)

About Dropbox

Dropbox is a service for file syncing and sharing, or for cloud storage.