Dropbox Reviews

December 07, 2020
Michelle Melendez | TrustRadius Reviewer
Easily able to access other team members work from my computer. Allows us to work as a team on items and not have to email back and forth the same document. Keeps item updated in real time. All members are able to access on different platforms so no worry that a member can't do their part in the project.
  • Easy of access over multiple platforms.
  • Simple to use.
  • Multiple people can use it.
  • Pop ups when you hover over items that someone might not know how to use with quick instructions would be nice for those not tech savvy.
Great for team projects where multiple people need to have access to a document and make changes to. Can even be used for only two people who are working on something together. Can be used also for personal things like PTA and sport boards as well. Very diverse product for use.
Read Michelle Melendez's full review
August 21, 2020
David Brocklebank | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been using Dropbox for 10 years to share photos and documents with guests who come [to my retreat], and also for other purposes.

I have been unable to share folders or files for 2 weeks, and there's been no response received from the Support Ticket I have placed... and no way to contact support that they will respond to.

Dropbox support has since contacted me and fixed the problem.
  • Used to be good for sharing Folders and files
  • Could be easier to open a ticket to receive support
Has been working fine for many years.
I eventually found out how to log a ticket ... and after that the problem was fixed
Read David Brocklebank's full review
June 23, 2020
Arianna Wilson | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is useful in making backup copies of all my documents, securely storing all my information and has allowed us to exchange and transfer important documents. I like that it is possible to integrate it with many tools, where you need to use it there will be Dropbox. It works integrated in the cloud with ample storage space, where this capacity allows a wide administration organizing all the work by folders. It is also a meeting point to ensure that each project is carried out
collaboratively, everyone at work uses it to make videos and important documents.
  • Make a backup to keep all important documents protected under any circumstance.
  • Feedback within the work team thanks to great tools that provide collaborative capacity.
  • Ample storage space for all types of documents.
  • Save on hard disk space by improving synchronization specificity.
  • It can be very high cost for small companies in relation to its cost-functionality.
  • The previews are of low quality, the idea of the previews is to see them without needing to download them, but this is not the case. It is necessary to download them in order to see them with a better image quality.
Its system is fluid and its storage space quite ample, each of its tools performs perfectly, however the price can be quite high, but all its good features are really worth it.

It has not been necessary to go to customer support lately, since everything works perfectly. However, I must add that at the beginning when I started using Dropbox, and I had any doubts about how it worked, customer support was always attentive and found the best solutions effectively.
Read Arianna Wilson's full review
February 12, 2020
Stephen Wittmaak | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dropbox is used both individually and across multiple departments. It allows us to increase our workflow and have a dependable redundancy option for all of our important files.
  • Instant Cloud backup of files from mobile or desktop.
  • The ability to go back and pull earlier versions of files is a lifesaver for creative work, especially when you make a mistake.
  • The mobile version isn't as flexible as the desktop, especially when trying to download large files.
  • Not able to read all files types for in browser previews, like .cbz extensions.
Dropbox is a great product. I use for both personal and business, both for cloud access to my files but also redundancy for saving and backing up. If you are working in a creative field or just with a lot of files between departments, agencies, or vendors, you can't beat it.
I have never had any issues!
Read Stephen Wittmaak's full review
January 31, 2020
Tim Cigelske | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our editorial/magazine department uses Dropbox to share files, photos, videos and design pages. I use it to work with our multimedia, video and designers to share larger files, as well as to access files from desktop to use on my phone. I use both the web and mobile app versions.
  • Making storage accessible on desktop and mobile
  • Finding files through search
  • Syncing files from your desktop adds unwanted files
  • Pro price can be cost prohibitive
For me, Dropbox is especially helpful when using a larger file (particularly video) across mobile devices. It allows me to access and share a video file that I can then upload to multiple places such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. The file system and search also makes it helpful to categorize and find what you're looking for. It's of course less helpful if you're not sharing large file sizes.
I have not had the need to use Dropbox support, other than when I accidentally synced my entire computer files to Dropbox. That was corrected and things were fine after that.
Read Tim Cigelske's full review
March 13, 2020
Dropbox is being used by several of our offices as a connection between offices. With being in the healthcare business it is important to keep things confidential and Dropbox helps us maintain that vs using email.
We also have telecommuters that can easily access any information via Dropbox and keep their information on Dropbox. Dropbox also helps the transition of reports, documents and sheets among computers, tablets and cell phones.
  • Available through various media (computers, tablets, phones).
  • Uses standard Microsoft Office forms - no need to learn new software.
  • Easy step by step guides to help you lay out your Dropbox.
  • Quickly updates in real time.
  • Mirror the Excel sheets to offline Excel sheets.
  • Faster loading when switching between sheets.
  • More variety on how to organize list of sheets/documents.
Dropbox is great when you need to access your documents via several platforms. Changes are quickly made in real time.
Dropbox has some features that are confusing to the simple users.
Have not had a need to use support.
August 26, 2019
Claire Rivero | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dropbox is used across our organization alongside Google Drive. We use Dropbox primarily as a final repository for documents that will be posted to our website. We rarely use it for documents that are still in design or will be edited. We also use it for our organization-wide documents, such as the organization handbook, templates, protocol documents, etc. Dropbox is useful for this latter purpose in that it allows users to lock the folder so things cannot be added or deleted.
  • Good file management--easy to build folders and save files (user-friendly).
  • Ability to lock folders from editing.
  • Ability to share files with multiple staff (and with external partners) via the link.
  • Ability to leave notes for people when sharing.
  • I find it very difficult to share individual folders or subfolders that are within shared folders. For instance, if I want to share just one file, it doesn't allow me to share it with someone who doesn't have access to the shared folder. I don't want to grant access each time to the entire folder, just to the file.
  • I don't love the layout--it's functional, but not inspiring, and it hasn't been updated in so long. It seems as if it's been the same since Dropbox started. I enjoy when products surprise me with functionalities I hadn't even thought of.
  • I don't find the suggestions on the home page helpful. I prefer the layout of Google Drive, where home takes you to things you accessed recently, but also to the entirety of your drive. I don't find the suggestions or the messages on the home page very helpful.
I would recommend using Dropbox if you need a clean, organized way to store files long-term. I would not recommend it if the person planned to do editing with a group of collaborators. I think Google Drive is much better suited to that. In Dropbox, it feels more like we all have access to the same document, but we can't collaborate in real-time--we need to take turns editing and re-saving.
There seems to be a good deal of help resources online, although we primarily ask our Operations team for support on using the features.
Read Claire Rivero's full review
August 01, 2019
Kristen Reeves | TrustRadius Reviewer
My office uses Dropbox as it's primary "fieldwork' file storage software. We have servers to store our data also but Dropbox is great for any files that may need to be shared between users and especially for files that need to be opened or used in an area other than a stationary computer. For example, our appraisers use tablets when they are in the field. We are able to save their property cards within Dropbox so that they have access to them no matter where they are and also on any device. They have the ability to open a file within or from Dropbox and make changes that can later be keyed into our main system. We can save a file to Dropbox from a computer and open it later from a phone or other device. We also use Dropbox for pictures. Our appraisers take pictures of homes or land when in the field and save them to Dropbox so that once they get back to the office the pictures can be uploaded into one of our other software programs that houses all of our data. Our whole office has access to Dropbox and any files that are stored there.
  • Dropbox has the ability to automatically sync from other sources. When our Appraisers use their tablets to take pictures, it is set up so that the pictures automatically upload to a folder in Dropbox so that the staff back at the office will then have access to the pictures as well.
  • Dropbox is very easy to use. There is a list of folders on the left-hand side. You simply click and go to each folder to pull up files. You can rename the folders, sort by date, etc.
  • Dropbox has several different options for storage size options. An individual can choose a smaller package or a large corporation could choose bigger packages. There is also a free version that is great for saving pictures from an individual phone or another device.
  • Dropbox has a search feature that saves a lot of time. If you aren't sure where the file you need is, use the search function to quickly find it.
  • Dropbox is cloud based so there are no bulky servers taking up space!
  • When running through the automatic sync process, the app will sometimes lag or freeze up if there is a significant amount of files being synced.
  • Dropbox could be a little more customizable. There is no option for scheduled syncing which would be nice.
  • Although we have not personally had issues, our office is aware of some security issues with Dropbox. There is no secure encryption when data is at rest, and there is also an open-door policy to the NSA. We stick to only using Dropbox for non-secure files so that this will not be an issue for us.
Dropbox is wonderful for anyone looking to share files, pictures, or even video on a cloud-based server. Dropbox is great for anyone looking for an inexpensive (or free) storage solution that has the capability to easily transfer or share files between other users or devices. Dropbox would not be suitable for anyone needing a storage solution for private, secure, or sensitive material.
Read Kristen Reeves's full review
November 20, 2019
Veronika Baranovska | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dropbox is a brilliant cloud storage solution, especially for cross-collaboration on creative projects and for teams working remotely, in general. We used to use Dropbox as our primary storage solution across the whole company, but due to costs, we had to go with Google Drive instead. Our Product team still uses Dropbox due to its user interface and integrations with other tools.
  • Fantastic UI - great sorting, easy to understand for beginners, detailed search options.
  • Ability to store files offline that sync after you're connected to the Internet - perfect for traveling and working while being off the grid.
  • Brilliant for collaborating on creative projects - can leave comments on shared files and track new/old versions easily.
  • Dropbox is more reasonable pricing, especially for individual professionals and smaller companies. With so many project management tools now acting as cloud storage, it's harder for tools like Dropbox to compete with Freemium options like Google Drive.
Dropbox is a brilliant solution for backing up your files and storing them in the cloud. Here are a few ways we've used Dropbox as a company:
  • Storing all branding assets in one place for easy access (internal and external).
  • Creating separate folders for marketing packs with assets for PR/Marketing campaigns with external agencies or influencers.
  • Keeping an internal knowledge library of the latest documents and templates in one place.
  • Uploading all the raw creative files and using those files when creating files locally.
  • Backing up finalized files for later/repeat use.
In the few years I've used Dropbox, I only had to contact the support team once - and that's pretty incredible for a SaaS company.

When I did get in touch, it was a complicated issue but the team did their best to get back to me ASAP and resolved it, even though it seemed impossible at the time. Basically, I deleted a bunch of files without the backup function on - meaning they had to go into the back-end to reverse the damage.

Absolutely stellar customer service!
Read Veronika Baranovska's full review
November 01, 2019
Eric Frazier | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dropbox is used primarily to store photo files from digital scans we perform in the studio. Because we have multiple studios across the country, we need to be able to send, store photos on a remote server so as to not bog down our own servers since we do hundreds of scans per day. Dropbox really has made our line really fluid and offers peace of mind.
  • Storage management.
  • Syncing capabilities.
  • Intuitive file layering.
  • Storage caps w/o prior notification.
It's best suited for small and large businesses due to the easy to use storing of local files. The more you use, the more you get out of the service. If you are constantly in need of space and not looking to sacrifice internal storage, DropBox wins hands down! Dropbox makes syncing a breeze with behind the scenes activity that makes it easier to focus on the work.
We've yet to encounter any issues when dealing with support tickets being addressed since we've implemented it in 2013.
Read Eric Frazier's full review
October 18, 2019
Allen Shapiro | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Dropbox to send clients data large files that are too large to email. This solves the problem of having to set each user up with their own FTP account for having different clients see each other's files.
  • Send client files.
  • Store files in the cloud for access anywhere.
  • It allows users to send me large files.
  • Larger free file storage.
  • Make it easier for me to send clients a way to send us files.
Dropbox is great for sending clients links to download large files. It is also great for storing files in the cloud for access from anywhere. Dropbox is so easy to use, it appears as a folder on your computer and you just copy a file to the Dropbox folder and right click on the file and then select the copy link tab. You then can paste that link in an email so the user can easily download the file.
I haven't need to contact Dropbox for support.
Read Allen Shapiro's full review
October 03, 2019
Michelle Messenger Garrett | TrustRadius Reviewer
I'm a solo practitioner. I use it daily for all my client documents and projects. I like it because I know that there will always be a backup if there's an issue. I don't have to worry about losing files or work. Clients also use it, so it makes it easy for us to share files.
  • It's very easy to use Dropbox. You set it up and then save your documents there. You just select that when you go to save the documents. Simple.
  • Dropbox will always be there so your files won't be lost. If you save your documents in Word, for example, and you don't use Dropbox and your computer crashes, your files could be lost. That's a real problem if you work with clients - or even for your own business.
  • Dropbox is free. You can get more space by recommending it to friends. You can also pay for more space, if needed.
  • If you get close to running out of room, you have to figure out how to get more space - or you have to delete some files. It isn't unlimited if you use the free version.
  • It's sometimes difficult to locate/connect to others' Dropbox files. I've struggled with that a time or two.
  • I've heard of people who complain about it being difficult to use but I don't find that to be true. Someone recommended it to me years ago and I've stuck with it.
For me as a small business owner/solo practitioner, I think Dropbox is an ideal solution. Google Drive is also a good option, but I haven't used it as much. When you're a small business owner, you need to find cost-effective solutions you can rely on. Dropbox is free. It's one of those things I count on to the point where I don't really even think about it. I never worry or have issues. The only issue would be if you run out of space.
Read Michelle Messenger Garrett's full review
August 31, 2019
Jayelynn Willman | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dropbox is used by five members of our company. We use it mainly for our logo, graphics, sales sheets, etc. so that any of us can access it without needing someone to email it to us. Having the app on our phones allows us to access the documents and graphics anytime anywhere. It’s incredibly convenient and allows me to be productive even if I’m away from my laptop.
  • It has an app so you can access your files from any device.
  • The free version has a large amount of storage.
  • You can grant access to individual items or folders so any sensitive documents stay private (like employee reviews).
  • It allows you to save to your camera roll, share, and print directly from the app.
  • Each user can link Dropbox to three devices as part of the free version.
  • When being contacted that we were almost at our storage limit, they wouldn’t simply send me information on a business account showing the features and cost. They insisted on a phone call, which took four times to finally make happen due to scheduling errors on their part. They’ve since fixed that and the information is available online.
It’s inexpensive, easy to access, and allows you to store everything without taking up storage on your phone. When I need to make a social media post with one of our stock photos, I save that one photo to my phone and then I can delete it. Depending on how many photos or documents, it’s also great for sharing family photos that may be too large to email or post to social media.
I’ve never had to call their support line, which is why my answer is in the middle. The only interactions I’ve had has been with the sales team. They were a bit unorganized with scheduling, but I’m still on the free version, so I felt like maybe I wasn’t a priority for them at the time.
Read Jayelynn Willman's full review
August 30, 2019
Aura Munguia Cepeda | TrustRadius Reviewer
I used Dropbox about three years ago. We started using it because on many occasions I have to make reports about my students together with a psychologist and other therapists, and before starting to use Dropbox we sent information via mail and we always had problems, such as that the file was not sent or you had many files of the same but with different information. To organize and coordinate the work better we started with Dropbox, and the change was great, since the files are there and everyone has only to fill their part out without sending files, without confusion, and without repeated files.
  • It allows you to work collaboratively on the same file, which in my case greatly simplifies things.
  • The desktop version (which is our use) is very easy to use, since it is almost like having a "mini" hard drive where you can create folders, documents, add music files, or do whatever you want to do.
  • It can be used in different operating systems, either Windows, IOS, or Android. Also, if you do not want to install it, you can use the web version, which works quite well.
  • You can share files from your Dropbox easily and quickly, and you can also give permissions for that file, and thus avoid it being modified without your wanting it to.
  • Unfortunately, not everything is good, since the desktop version occupies part of your disk to store the content.
It works great if you want to back up your files, regardless of whether they are music, video or document files. It also works very well, if, like me, you must work together with other people to make reports and fill them with documents. And of course, if you want to be able to share your own files, it also works great because it is very easy to do.
The truth is that I have never had any problems with Dropbox to have to deal with the support, but from what I have read it is quite good and efficient.
Read Aura Munguia Cepeda's full review
August 28, 2019
Heather Neisen | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used Dropbox across our small, mostly distributed company. We travel to clients quite a bit, so it has been a great way to keep all our files in the same place and to access information/documents on the go. We have organized Dropbox and have a standard for folder naming.
  • Desktop application and mobile application all sync.
  • Offline use.
  • Team folders.
  • More security - healthcare clients do not seem trust it.
  • Better browser dashboard.
Great for easy access to files and to share information. Not as great if you're wanting to share or gather information from healthcare or government entities that may be concerned with security. We have found that often Dropbox emails will go to client's spam accounts because it is not seen as secure by those IT departments.
Any time we reached out to support they answered us and helped us resolve things. I did not give a 10 because often the issue needed to be addressed immediately, but it would take 1-2 days to hear back from the support team. It would be better to have quicker answers or a dedicated rep to call instead of a call center or entering in a ticket.
Read Heather Neisen's full review
August 10, 2019
Tobias Walter | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dropbox is still my favorite file sharing/file storage tool (we used to and still do use Google Drive and Box as well). We use Dropbox in teams -- the finance team has their folders to share monthly close items, work papers, etc.; the marketing team shares their content, graphics, etc. It makes working on files together extremely easy, also across organizations (which is a Google Drive problem for me...). Our fractional controller for example does not have a Google account.
  • Easy file overview (I love being able to use my regular finder on Mac).
  • Quick uploads, and supports large files.
  • Storage space is absolutely sufficient.
  • I truly can't think of one, except maybe a version history in files?
Sharing and storing files in small teams (and with a small set of contractors) works extremely well! I would guess if the teams become too large (so that you have concerns about who can edit what, or how to keep your folder structure organized), that's where it might reach its limits.
I have, unfortunately (or fortunately, I guess -- speaking for the ease of use and lack of issues) never had to contact Dropbox's support. I could unfortunately not say whether that is good and responsive or not.
Read Tobias Walter's full review
August 09, 2019
Chad Carman | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dropbox is used within the marketing department as a business integration. We use it for storage of videos to be made available to the other parts of the organization as well as a communication tool during the proofing process. Each employee is allowed to use it for cloud storage of projects as well to enable off-site work.
  • Syncs with desktop.
  • Connects with the office suite for version tracking.
  • Easily enables sharing with non-dropbox users.
  • Certain government agencies and corporations do not allow dropbox transfers or usage.
  • Desktop sync can occasionally be buggy.
Dropbox is well suited to organizations who need to share or proof files, documents, photos, and videos often. We use it to receive and share a great deal of content produced within the marketing department. It is not the best at using for a photo lightbox, however, and could be improved for that purpose.
Haven't really used dropbox support so I can't weigh in on this. It seems intuitive enough to work through using it without the need for support. A quick Google search can usually turn up an answer to any questions that we have had during the duration of our implementation. No complaints here.
Read Chad Carman's full review
August 11, 2019
Chris Hecox | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dropbox was used as a tool to house file storage and other documents both for clients and simply for cloud storage.
  • Dropbox has both web and desktop interfaces. They also provide an app for looking at files on the go.
  • Dropbox has pretty good capabilities for quickly downloading or uploading files.
  • Dropbox can sum up their business model in this sentence: "Hey, you aren't giving us enough money, give us more or we'll make your workday really hard!" Dropbox loves to pester you with terms and reasons why your current account level isn't good enough. They consistently bombard you with reasons to upgrade to the next level.
  • If your file storage is full, Dropbox makes it very difficult to look at shared folders or anything provided by other Dropbox users. I have to use my current Dropbox storage for housing important documents and files, but can't look at new things sent over unless I either upgrade or delete my current files. I shouldn't be limited to what I can view based on my current Dropbox plan. It's pretty crazy.
  • While you CAN view video files on Dropbox, the compression is very poor so you'll probably be asking your clients to download the files before viewing.
Dropbox is great if you just want to check it out. Otherwise, use a free alternative like Google Drive, or maybe anything that's not Dropbox.
I have not used Dropbox support. I'm sure they would just try to sell me something, anyway.
Read Chris Hecox's full review
August 28, 2019
We use Dropbox to collaborate within teams and externally with our customers and partners. The advanced sharing features and the ability to lock down and restrict access with ease was one of the selling features for us. The editor version history has proven itself quite useful when changes are made to a document by accident or something is deleted. Dropbox is truly cross-platform and there are apps for every device and ecosystem we use. Being a household name, there are no security reviews needed when onboarding a new customer, Dropbox's security speaks for itself and we utilize all the safeguards available from strong passwords to 2FA.
  • Super fast syncing across devices and very reliable and consistent speeds.
  • "Good enough" security with the supported 2FA and 256-bit AES encryption.
  • Solid sharing and collaborations tools are built-in to the app, UI shell on Windows/Mac and on web browsers.
  • Version/history feature allows you to never lose work or files.
  • Built-in editor for office documents (Word, Excel, PPT) isn't as powerful as its rival Google Drive/Docs.
  • Minimalist app and interface on PC/Mac leave you wanting more advanced controls.
  • Sync doesn't always work as expected using "Automatic Camera Uploads", I sometimes have to manually trigger it.
Dropbox is very well suited for SOHO professionals and small to medium-sized teams who need solid performing, reliable collaboration tools on a trusted cloud platform provider with very robust security. Where it falls short compared to Google Drive & Google Docs is in the document editing and collaboration tools within the office suite. If you're already using GSuite then you'd likely better suited with Google Drive, but as a long-time user of Dropbox, I still rely on it as both my professional and personal cloud of choice and part of my redundancy for cloud storage. I find the integration with Mac better than any competitors offering and the PC experience is better than most other cloud providers too.
Our experience with support has been limited which is a good thing. We haven't experienced any major issues with the service and most of our service interactions have been useability questions which we were able to find answers for within their knowledge base. For the few times we have reached out to support, the responses were on point, quick, and our issue was resolved in one interaction. I appreciate not being routed to a chatbot or offshored support.
December 06, 2019
We use Dropbox primarily to send files between us and clients, as well as a digital co-working space for projects. Often, I'm working with other designers on multiple projects that require multiple people working on them. Dropbox makes syncing and updating changes easy and allows us to work on the same files remotely, wherever we may be.
  • Sharing large files.
  • Easy syncing/uploading.
  • Commenting and adding notes.
  • Pricing.
  • Amount of storage.
Dropbox is fantastic for people who need to easily share large files with clients, friends, family, whoever. With the Dropbox app installed on my Mac, I'm able to share a file in just a couple of clicks. It's also simple on the receiving side; clients can easily access files sent to them, as well as comment and add notes. The only downside is the amount of storage you receive at free and lower tiers of their product.
I've never had to reach out to support for Dropbox, so I can't speak to its level of support. I've only ever had to access their online help a few times, and that has answered all of the questions I had. However, I give their support an 8, because previously contacting them wasn't as clear as I had wanted, so I turned to their online help.
November 06, 2019
Dropbox is used throughout our entire organization as a way to keep track of all of our ongoing, current, and past projects. We also use it to keep track of internal projects and use it for file sharing between our organization and our clients. We use it on a daily basis and heavily rely on it for our business.
  • Organization.
  • File sharing.
  • Commenting capabilities on files.
  • Overall technical issues could be improved/addressed more quickly.
  • We've had some issues with slow uploads in the past.
Dropbox is a great cloud platform for any business that needs its employees to work simultaneously within the same projects. Dropbox allows our team to easily work with each other on the same project without overriding previous work. It also allows for comments to be made within files, which has also come in handy for our team's communication.
Dropbox support could be improved. It seems to take them some time before fixing certain issues, but we haven't had too many issues in the past, so this could just be a rare occurrence. However, the few issues we have experienced have slowed our process down significantly on those specific days.
October 31, 2019
Dropbox is being used by our organization as it allows us to share larger files in an easy to manage way for educators and administrators to access. It allows for more collaboration and access among teachers.
  • Dropbox is easy to access from any device.
  • It is easy to use for all users.
  • Collaboration among individuals to share ideas and resources that are easy to drop in and retrieve.
  • N/A
Dropbox is easy to access from any device and is easy to use for a more novice tech person to a more advanced tech-savvy individual.
We have not had any problems using dropbox. For supporting users in our organization, it is easy for everyone to access and utilize.
October 24, 2019
We use Dropbox to receive files from outside consultants. We do not use it as a "go-to" solution because it does not meet the rigorous client confidential requirements of large business law firms. That said, some of the time clients or third parties have already adopted Dropbox for file sharing so we go along with it. As such, it is not used across the whole organization. Rather it is used by individual lawyers on a bit of an ad hoc basis.
  • Slick interface: anyone can figure it out.
  • Nice to have the option of both a web interface and then a desktop application.
  • Variety of price points depending on storage requirements.
  • Might not meet some of the more rigorous requirements for business law firms.
  • I have had some issues using the Dropbox desktop app on my personal machine at home. I ran into a bug which was basically unsolvable.
Dropbox is well suited if a small business needs to share files with third parties. File size limits in Outlook are generally about 20 megabytes. Sometimes closing books or technical documents can be bigger than this, so it is relatively common to run into the problem of how do you share files with third parties. Dropbox also works well as a way to back-up key files or to put those key files into the cloud so they are available remotely.
At work, Dropbox has worked smoothly for me, so I have not had to make use of the support features. The web interface in particular works really really well. I did have a problem using Dropbox at home and ran into basically an incurable bug. Maybe I just got really unlucky.
October 21, 2019
Dropbox was used as part of an "underground" movement to support collaborative file-sharing before we had a corporate solution in place. It enabled us to easily share files and documents without having to worry about file shares. It gave us some ability to collaborate in real-time, with some reasonable plugins to Office.
  • Document and file sharing.
  • Conflict management.
  • Machine synchronization.
  • Additional paid tiers.
  • Clearer error messages when something's not syncing.
  • Extraneous unused features.
Dropbox is extremely useful in situations where you and other co-workers need to share and collaborate on documents and files. It handles all the syncing so that every time you update a file, it updates your co-workers' copies of it for you without any need to notify them. It is also good for keeping multiple computers in sync on the same set of files.
Ultimately, Dropbox just works, so I've never had to contact their support team for any issues. That's not to say that I've never run into any problems at all, but they have all been issues that I've been able to solve myself in a quick period of time, and therefore did not need to engage support.
October 18, 2019
[Dropbox is] Used for storing documents and sharing data among certain teams.
  • Sharing files.
  • Cloud storage.
  • Weblinks.
  • UI could use improvements.
  • Lowest tier data cost.
  • Video playback.
Dropbox is well suited for large file sharing between teams and different organizations. This can help with certain team members who work from home or who work abroad. It's also great when traveling for business meetings in different cities with different companies. Ease of use is important when it comes to Dropbox.
I have never had any issues, no issues is the best customer service in my opinion. For the most part my experience has been problem free. If there were any issues Dropbox UI being easy to navigate makes it easy to locate the actual problem and get it resolved without calling customer service.

Versioning (52)
Video files (61)
Audio files (56)
Document collaboration (60)
Access control (63)
File search (64)
Device sync (60)
9.2
User and role management (59)
File organization (62)
Device management (51)
Performance (64)
Reliability (64)
Storage Reports (51)

What is Dropbox?

Dropbox is a service for file syncing and sharing, or for cloud storage.