Guardian provides a format for meaningful reviews of Use of Force, Pursuits and officer involved motor vehicle crashes. It also serves as our Early Warning System software to track officer complaints, tardiness use of force and other categories that may point to an officer being at risk. We will also do monthly performance reviews utilizing Guardian, so that supervisors can map an improvement plan for a given officer, and report on follow-up to that plan. But our most common use of Guardian is to note exceptional performance. Officers respond well when they see comments from supervisors telling them they did a good job.
- Immediate access to employee performance
- Allows only members who are affected and their superiors access to employee performance
- Keep administration aware of entries with immediate email reminders that an entry has been made on an employee.
- There should be a means to edit the entry after you have saved it. Sometimes the writer will make an error in spelling and it's permanently saved to the record. Minor issue.
- Easier way to save entries to your desktop (for proofs).
Guardian makes completing meaningful reviews very easy. As long as you set up boxes in a given field that need meaningful review it will be there every time you need to do one. If four officers had to use force on a resisting subject, all of the meaningful review entries are done on one entry form. If you find that one officer needs to be retrained in an area you can simply create a new entry and associate the meaningful review as needed