Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
Ever since we started using Hireriht 5 years ago, I have not had to worry about being compliant or forgetting to turn in the I-9s promptly. There are times that a BGC gets hung up, through no fault on HirerRight's part. However, HireRight is on top of those delays and maintains consistent communication with us. The reports are typically very timely. They are very easy to read and contain all the information requested. Recently, we had an inspector show up to do a premise visit on the security level attached to our I-9s. The inspector was pleasantly surprised when we told them we store our documents with HireRight. With employee record security continually changing, I have a great level of confidence in HireRight's ability to keep us compliant on an ongoing basis
- The website is easy to navigate
- Reports are timely and easy to read
- The only improvement I would like to see is a more timely notification if an employer has missed providing documentation, i.e., I-9, within the three days of hire.
HireRight caters to all size businesses. Whether you only need a simple background check or a more detailed, in-depth one (i.e., special licensing verifications, education verification, etc., HireRight can provide that information. Although most delays are due to smaller jurisdictions not responding promptly, when you contact HireRight, they query those jurisdictions and provide you an update. Customer service is very easy to work with.
HireRight has earned a "10" for consistently providing top-shelf service.
I use HireRight to run background reports in order to approve drivers for hire with the carriers I recruit for. I normally run the background reports which include the drivers MVR, SSI, CID List, and DAC reports. This allows me to make an offer contingent upon the drivers' employment verifications.
- The staff at HireRight is top notch. When I need help they're on top of it.
- HireRight makes my job much easier by qualifying drivers ahead of the game.
- I wish HireRight offered the PSP report.
- The integration process is kind of slow. They can improve on that some.
Very likely that I would refer friends and coworkers to HireRight. If it wasn't for HireRight, I would not be able to complete my job in a timely manner. It's simply a must do for the transportation industry. By using the reports they offer, I can firmly make a sound decision on hiring my prospects.
I've worked with Barbara several different times during my time with HireRight. And she is absolutely the best. She helped me with the integration side of things which was delightful because that can be somewhat confusing. She always responded to my emails and my needs in a very good timely manner. Can't complain about the support at all.
It’s is currently being used across our organization. It helps us deal with keeping up with volume hiring for sensitive positions.
- Easy to view
- Easily maintains employee records for rehires
- It would be nice to be able to choose the facility the employees are going to instead of them choosing based on their location.
- Wish there was an end user manual so I would be able to troubleshoot should employees need help ordering their background checks/ drug tests.
- Would be nice to have a high level overview of how the drug testing/ background process works to share with hiring managers.
HireRight is great! The customer service support is very helpful.
There are various ways you are able to call HireRight. They do have busy times and so the live chat is helpful because you are able to leave the chat open until an agent is available (and do work than being tied to a phone).
We are using HireRight for all our drug/background screening.
- Customer Service
- Ease of Use
- User-Friendly portal
- Result Delivery
- Better Relations with Clinics
- Add More providers in network
In most cases, HireRight is doing pretty good. There are some hiccups here and there.
HireRight still needs to work on better communication with the providers.
Our company uses HireRight through our ADP Run platform. It is used for candidates that we have offered positions as part of their offer letter and employee agreement. Its purpose is to make sure we aren't putting people in positions that handle money or patients that have had prior issues in these areas.
- Fast results
- Doesn't catch all information.
The limitation of only catching information off the addresses the applicant supplies instead of their social has put our company in a tough spot. We tried to promote an employee and were unaware they would not be able to fill the requirements of the position because the background check did not catch something from another state.
I have not had to contact their support, the product is straight forward.
HireRight is being used for background checks and drug screenings for badging on specific projects.
- Background checking socials
- Checking court systems
- Tracking applicant data
- Not keeping records long enough
- Sometimes the checks take too long
It is well suited for specific aspects of background checking, such as an SSN trace and/or drug screening. I haven't run into a scenario where it would not be a good program.
I haven't had to use the support that much, but when I have they have been helpful and quick.
We use HireRight right across the entire enterprise. It has solved our biggest problem of being consistent when running backgrounds for similar positions.
- Can set up levels of backgrounds for certain sets of positions
- Dedicated customer support
- Communicating issues with specific background reports more often
HireRight is very flexible to the demands of the company needs.
HireRight is used in our Human Resources, Recruiting, and Contracts Departments. We use HireRight for background checks and drug screenings. HireRight can be used for background checks, drug screenings, I9 compliance, and more. Having HireRight helps the business by having everything in one place and easily accessible.
- Support: online live chat, email, and phone. This makes it so much easier to get help when you need it in whatever way is most convenient for you.
- Giving detailed updates on pending checks. When I go look to see why a check is still pending there are notes with dates and times detailing what they are waiting for or what has been done.
- HireRight is usually pretty quick on turn around time.
- Aan area to put in notes/comments on background checks.
- More report options.
HireRight is able to do international background checks (criminal, employment, and education) and since we have a lot of applicants who are from out of the country it makes it so much easier and is a time saver!
We use HireRight in our Recruiting Department within Human Resources. Primarily using the CDLIS and DAC to obtain initial information. This is a quick and easy route for preliminary information. Initially, we like to use these items as they come at a very cheap rate! The DAC is very useful when trying to search for information on previous employment without having to send verifications to a company.
- Instant turnaround for DAC employment. - Quick response without contacting employers
- Live Help - Instant chat function to contact customer service for any question or concern
- Cost Effective
- Turnaround time for background screenings can take a few days.
- A more detailed report for backgrounds would be helpful.
HireRight is well suited in the transportation industry. They provide a quick, accurate return on the CDLIS report and DAC report. It is very cost effective for everyone. Their customer service people will answer your question(s) to the best of their ability, and will research into things to find the correct response.
HireRight is being used for pre-employment tests as well as annual MVR checks throughout our company. The biggest problem that I see is that there are way too many accounts that were set up for our company. HireRight should have advised that there are other ways to set up the account to be more organized. At my previous employer, you can keep all of the backgrounds housed under one drop-down while still separating things out by billing codes.
- Turnaround times are faster than other background check vendors.
- Easier system to read results and order.
- Keeps you up to date with new laws and regulations via email so your company can stay in compliance.
- Customer Service. They lack here. It takes too long to resolve issues, especially with your assigned account manager. I have to continue to ask for an update and sometimes, I do not get a response back.
- Back Up Account Managers - The account manager you are assigned may not be available. We need to be provided a list of people we can contact in the event that our POC in unavailable.
We are using HireRight with all of our companies to facilitate pre-employment background investigations and is the tool to help us make informed decisions about the individuals we hire. We have other sister companies and we are all using HireRight and it has been a great time saver.
- The training offered is a great tool to help new customers and users. They have several methods of training available; tutorials, online sessions, courses and of course via phone.
- One of my favorite things is the ability to send an email invitation to a candidate so they can complete and submit their own background investigation. This has helped the process and helped new potential team members feel more involved and connected with the process.
- I absolutely love the I-9 feature it reduces paperwork and saves us a lot of time when dealing with potential candidates.
- We still struggle with communities that do not have electronic records available and can delay background checks.
- HireRight does respond to help requests, however it is not always the same day. But definitely within two business days.
HireRight is a full scale background check company. I would encourage anyone looking to supplement their current provider or looking for full services to consider them. With their online registration for potential employees it allows them to participate and know what is happening. It will also save the company time by eliminating the need for paperwork.
We are using HireRight for our background checks for the entire organization. This enables us to have an integrated background check vendor with our applicant tracking system. HireRight provides our potential new hires the ability to complete all the information to begin the background check on an easy to use, web interface.
- Integrates with our applicant tracking system, providing seamless data transfers between systems.
- Possesses easy UI for potential new hires.
- Has a easy dashboard to view and track the progress of each persons' background check.
- The individuals at HireRight who are completing the screens can be very aggressive in obtaining the information.
- Both a pro and a con, but they at times consider a slight inaccuracy as a discrepancy and flag it.
One of the other factors in deciding to move forward with HireRight was their ability to check international applicants. They are able to verify both education and criminal records in countries outside of the US. The ability to pick packages and a la carte is valuable as well. For first time individuals in the workforce, it can be over the top as they have no info to verify.
HireRight is being used by our entire organization to facilitate pre-employment background investigations and drug screenings, DOT physical recertifications, reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol screening, and random drug screening. HireRight helps us remain compliant with DOT regulations, hold employees accountable for meeting the company standards of our drug/alcohol free workplace policy, and make informed decisions about the individuals we hire.
- Paperless screenings. The ability to send an email invitation to a candidate so they can complete and submit their own background investigation information was a game changer. It has sped up our process and made the completion of the required paperwork easier for candidates. Best of all, we were able to do away with our old, manual paper packet of pre-employment forms.
- Random Drug Screenings. The batch upload option for random drug screening rosters works well and is intuitive. The selections are made accurately and in a timely manner. We have the ability to directly notify the manager of selected employees from the system, without the need for additional paperwork.
- HireRight offers a wide assortment of training options, both for users of the system as well as compliance updates. This has made it easier for our Employee Services team to stay on top of regulatory changes.
- Front line support is lacking. They take a long time to process requests, and we are often told that they are unable to assist us with items that, we know from personal experience, is within their power to do.
- Collection Site Network is difficult to maintain if you plan to add any additional sites aside from HireRight's preferred partners. Sometimes, we value convenience over minimal cost savings, and the setup time for these sites is too long. Once added to the system, there is no way for us to distinguish between custom sites and the sites HireRight has preferred terms with.
- Communication of service interruption. When issues arise outside of scheduled maintenance, we often hear about it from our users, not HireRight. When we follow up with support, we never receive ETAs for a solution, so we have no useful information to pass along to our hiring managers. It is very frustrating when the product is not working at 100% and we have no idea when we can expect it to be fixed.
Pre-employment screenings for DOT regulated drivers is still a challenge and doesn't take advantage of the online ordering options that HireRight can offer for other roles (though the DOT is equally to blame for this). HireRight really shines when we are screening individuals for roles not regulated by the DOT, or when we are using their batch upload option to process large numbers of requests at once (e.g. random drug screenings, Annual MVR pulls). In these areas, it has saved us a huge amount of time that would have otherwise been wasted on repetitive, administrative tasks.
Front line support, which is what our users are forced to deal with, rarely offers timely and acceptable solutions. To get good results, I often have to escalate issues to our account manager (who is wonderful). It seems as though any support request that is handled through normal channels takes far too long to be completed.
We use HireRight to screen all new employees company wide. We also use HireRight for DOT Physicals and DOT Physical Re-Certifications, Random Drug Screenings, and Reasonable Suspicious Drug Screening. These screening packages help ensure that all employees are in compliance with company policies.
- Ease or ordering eCOC screenings
- Speed of completion
- Paperless ordering options
- Front end customer support
- Addressing technical issues/problems
- Collection Site management
HireRight follows up with the candidates with any questions/discrepancies so the hiring managers don't have to. This is a huge time-saver.
Our company uses hireright both in recruiting roles and confirmation after hire. We also use Hireright to help us gain our required DOT file information.
- Express background checks
- DAC Info easily accessible
- Integration with Tenstreet
- When not using through Tenstreet, the process takes much longer than I apreciate spending.
HireRight is well suited for background checks for new hires. When not using paired with Tenstreet for DOT purposes, it is less useful.
Currently our business is utilizing HireRight to compliment our background screenings. With their ability to quickly process their DAC and CDLIS screens, this gives a quick insight on an individual at a very low cost.
- Quick turnaround on reports (DAC, CDLIS)
- Low Cost
- Criminal background checks turnaround time can be lengthy
- Customer service specialists not equipped for specific industries (e.g. Transportation, Healthcare, etc.)
Their DAC and CDLIS are perfect for the transportation world as they are so quickly turned around. However, at the same time they need to be ready to really truly investigate when errors are reported by consumers.
HireRight is currently being used for background checks for all of our potential new hires.
- Turnaround time is fast
- Educating clients on new laws/processes
- Accuracy of reports
- Better reporting functions
- Option to input the reason a candidate fails background based on our policy/matrix
- Option to put a reminder in HireRight's system for future action (i.e when to send out the final Adverse action letter)
I highly recommend HireRight!
We use HireRight for our background and drug screen test for new hires. We use it for all new hires in all departments.
- HireRight's system is user friendly.
- The customer service with Live Chats is great.
- The information is accurate and they have quick turn around times.
- More reporting options.
- The ability to provide a reason when you adjudicate.
I think HireRight is well suited for many industries in a majority of countries.
HireRight is our global background verification provider. They also support our drug testing program in the U.S.
- Quality of work
- Turnaround time
- Ability to support program requirements on a global scale
- They have a very user friendly platform and continue to improve the service delivery
- Account management and thought partnership are the best I have seen.
- The chat feature is a great value add but there can be delays at times.
I have not encountered a scenario where HireRight is not well suited.
HireRight is being used by some of our clients as their background checking vendor. Either this is integrated with the ATS, or my team sends out a link to candidates for employment and they have to fill in that link. Not every client we work with uses it, maybe 10-15%. It is used to make sure the clients are making sound, compliant hiring decisions.
- We've never had an issue with integration, this seems to be working well. It's a strength because we can't afford time lost on IT issues.
- It is nice that they have an online instant chat function, for when we need answers ASAP, so we can continue with the process and appease our customers
- The background checks themselves are aesthetically pleasing, which makes it easier to review results.
- Customer service, as the lowest level doesn't always seem to have the same or similar responses. Some will say they can do certain things and some will say they cannot.
- Account management for one particular client was terrible. Anytime we asked for her assistant she referred us to the customer service email. This client paid for the account manager and there was no value-add for having her.
- Mistakes were often made with international education checks. Often times we had to collect our own information or documents. Many times I noticed incorrect phone numbers being reached out to.
HireRight would be well suited for a larger corporation that does not have robust background checking standards. It would be less suited for smaller organizations, who value customer services and candidates experience. I also wouldn't recommend them to someone with a lot of international checks. They do what they're supposed to do most of the time, but I haven't seem anything extraordinary about them.
We use HireRight for all of our employee background checks. All of our offers are contingent upon a background check and drug screen results, so HireRight is very important.
- Easy to send candidates background check forms
- Keeps you updated with progress and gives you information on delays
- Keeps all the consent forms and background check results in a database
- Education Verification is sometimes inaccurate
- Doesn't provide too much detail on court records and violations
You can select what information you want to verify so it can be customized to fit any company's needs.
HireRight used in the HR department across the organization as they are a leading provider of on-demand employment background checks, drug testing, Form I-9 and employment and education verifications. It helps us better align pre-employment activities, improve quality of hire, and reduce employment risk.
- Education Verfication
- Pre Employment Screening / background checks
- Drug Testing Pre Employment
- More training to end users
- More training to super users
- More process integration advice. How does the tool fit into our day to day process best?
How well is the tool used in enterprise environments vs. small scale operations? Does it do better in decentralized settings vs. central HR operations?
HireRight is a background screening solution. It includes a range of background checking services, and supports international and multinational organizations. HireRight includes criminal background checks, identity checks, candidate experience checks, and driving records, among other types of background checks. The product also provides tailored features for businesses in transportation, healthcare, education, retail, financial services, non-profits, and small businesses. HireRight is a standalone background checking solution, and is designed to integrate with other ATS products with fuller recruitment capabilities.
Frequently Asked Questions
HireRight is a background screening solution designed to support international and multinational organizations, as well as small businesses. It can function as a standalone product, or integrate with other ATS products with broader recruitment features.
Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.8.
The most common users of HireRight are from Mid-size Companies and the Transportation/Trucking/Railroad industry.