Reviews (1-15 of 15)
- Good process design, clear and new generation Eclipse interface
- Different levels of data within the process, case management at its full extent
- Capabilities driven task assignment, no more limits to users & groups
- Architecture is quite complex, not that easy to set up and run
- Still a lot of room to be as stable in production as iProcess was
- Albeit in version 4 it still feels not mature enough for critical applications
- Workspace and Openspace Console that offers a powerful method for troubleshooting and viewing the routing within a process
- Easy representation of the corporate organization
- Powerful IDE to design a business process as a TIBCO Business Studio BPM Edition
- Testing and Debugging
- Improvement of the simulation
In the company, we use TIBCO ActiveMatrix BPM 4.0 for several customers active in the energy, banking, and industrial sectors.
For some projects, we have encountered problems developing and evolving on systems and flows that have been active for some time. On other projects having started without any foundation, it was mainly used when analyzing and designing the business architecture.
- The ability to easily generate low-code apps (with low code usage) tailored to meet your organization's needs.
- Functionalities and Relocation Case Management Templates.
- Support speed-of-process processes for opportunistic and quick experiments when you start an instance of a new business process, or share new actions on an existing process.
- The TIBCO ActiveMatrix BPM 4.0 platform could improve in process management that implements a large amount of data management.
- Improve the business growth management of the company that decides to make use of the product.
- By providing graphical tools that analyze the performance of growth and maintenance of processes.
- Improve the audit and logging system.
- It is very easy to project models of processes
- Very good implemented BPM features
- You can use OpenSpace api and administrator api to build more complicated things.
- Part of BPM Studio connected with development of mediation has many bugs.
- BPM Studio doesn't contain debugger.
- Some problems with deployment of more sophisticated projects (ex. Decision Tables).
- Simplifies the development of transaction processes in a complex environment
- It has a complete graphical interface that allows an intuitive use
- It provides a useful Test Environment
- the application pre-designs the structure of the process as it is created and sometimes it is difficult to undo some configurations
In addition one has to consider if these processes are susceptible to many changes or if they will be maintained by one or many actors. If they are static or only a few groups of people will design them, it is not recommended also.
- Organizes business processes in a clear and organized view.
- Powerful tool for complex business processes.
- You cannot test and locale your business process
- Clean, Build and Deploy is slow and complex
- AMX BPM Administration is too complex in the beginning
CONS: Needs to improve integration with 3rd-party authentication systems (for example, Federated STS systems and Windows Identity foundation).
- TIBCO offers multiple ways to implement the sophisticated forms of event-driven BPM. It also balances the combination of business rules and AMX BPM for a different variety of IT Applications
- It depends on the Enterprise service bus which is message oriented middleware
- The integration of Spotfire with AMXBPM and BusinessEvents is a unique advantage
- It is not very useful for business user led projects because of its weak capabilities for high productivity application authoring
- It's very expensive
- The data stored in the BPM product table affects the functioning of the integration
BPM is used for visual data discovery. It also has two stream analytics CEP Platforms. It offers high-level real-time analytics and operational intelligence.
- Ease in linking this to a workbook, the software is very intuitive and provides quick generations of visualizations.
- Physical business model is changing. The mobile integration and monitoring and management features of this software are really great.
- A little bit too conservative. Not really anything leading edge. [Tibco] has plenty of customers, and that means they will probably be around forever, but [product enhancements] seem to be more [abundant in competitor product offerings].
- It would be great to have some pre-defined themes. Pie chart labels - it would be great to get more options for sizing and placement.
- I find it hard to trust the online portal too much. I doubt the security that is offered by this software.
- Assign work items to set of users. You can assign work to users based on the groups they belong to in the org model or by their position.
- Manage user access and privileges, each set of users can perform a set of tasks based on their privileges and we can also restrict the actions for each level of users.
- Escalating work items: A user can escalate a work item to a senior user and the matter can be progressed to another level or get closed straight away. The life cycle of work items is stored in the database where it gets reflected in Spotfire reports.
- One of the challenges we faced with AMX BPM is the way the data is kept and it is hard to troubleshoot when a work items goes into halted state. Either there should be better documentation of what is under the hood or simplify the way work items data are stored.
- Assigning privileges to system action where multiple organization models are used, seems to create ambiguity, as per the manual: "If different privileges are assigned to the same system action at different levels in the organization model, each level is checked when determining whether a user has the necessary privilege to be able to perform a particular system action. If the lowest level has no required privileges assigned, the parent entity is checked, and so on up the organization model hierarchy to the default, system-wide value."
- It is cumbersome to add the same system action in all org models even though it won't be used everywhere.
- When AMX BPM integrates with other products such as AMX BusinessWork, there should be a better way for the work items to handle broken communication. Data recovery seems to be an issue.
- Good GUI.
- Lots of inbuilt functions and service flow components.
- Mainly drag and drop of components are required, with minimal coding.
- Distributing work to individual or team/groups
- Maintaining process instance data case to case basis
- Providing proper user interfaces interactively at runtime
- Please make the TIBCO AMX Admin more user friendly. Currently we face a lot of issues with opening it in Browser.
- The BPM Documentation is not good. The older Blue header was much better. It s not compatible with IE at all.
- You should put proper help on how to configure Security Policies with respect to BPM without using Mediation wrapper.