Overall Satisfaction with Abila MIP Fund Accounting
MIP is used across our entire association. It is used for financial reporting, accounts payable, and all related general ledger work. We also generate positive pay file information for our bank.
- Reports - MIP reports are easy to construct and modify as needed.
- Filtering - the ability to create reports for multiple end users which they can then very easily filter to generate the specific reports that they need is essential. We expect staff to have a firm grasp on their departmental and program financial operations and to do that they must be able to run reports that drill down into any specific area of their operation that they need.
- Budgeting - with dozens of staff that build up pieces of the budget that get rolled up together and then adjusted to balance each year we need a tool that incorporates all of the work and allows us to utilize our current reports to assess how close we are to balancing. Doing all of this work offline in Excel and then uploading spreadsheets is not efficient and is open for errors.
- Improved reports - one of the most challenging areas of a generally good reporting tool is the stair step reports for financials. While these are frequently fine, we need to be able to produce reports with the entire GL string across one line.
- MIP is generally user friendly and a reasonably priced package. From that standpoint it provides a good return on investment because it doesn't require significant additional investment (time or money) which would be diverting funds from core operational needs.
We have not utilized this and likely could explore it further. However it has not been our largest concern so it still sits in the middle of the pack for priorities of areas to look into.
MIP was implemented based on the recommendation of our IT consultants. The flexibility of the system along with the ability to meet our needs for providing positive pay information to our bank were key elements that we needed. We have not evaluated other packages for a very long time.