Overall Satisfaction with Abila MIP Fund Accounting
We currently use MIP Fund Accounting in our accounting department and are looking into extending modules for our procurement department for assets. Most recently they were using Premiere Depreciation. We have been using Sage (prior to MIP) products for years. We had even looked into the HR module and would be interested in doing so again... with the understanding it would tie into MIP Fund Accounting. It does everything we need.
- From a systems admin point of view it is very easy to install and work with.
- It connects to AD users so there's no need for users to remember multiple passwords (keep in mind this is from an IT perspective).
- They constantly work to streamline the interface to enhance productivity.
- There was a decision to speed up the querying process where results were truncated to a certain number of returns. This caused some frustration with our users who were used to doing things a certain way. The option to toggle would have been nice. I wish I could be more specific of the area... but in general, when taking a feature away, if it could be toggled.
- We use it as the tool to plan for budget and many other processes that take place.
I wouldn't know how to answer this from a user perspective, but it has been well suited to meet the needs of our institution. That may actually be its strength... is to cater to a small to medium sized entity. I would imagine a large organization may meet more limitations than we have ever experienced.