Overall Satisfaction with Abila MIP Fund Accounting
MIP Fund Accounting is the software we use for all accounting records within our agency for payables, payroll, receivables, and financial statements.
- Accounts Payable is a major function and with MIP Fund Accounting we can track all payables by vendor, it helps keep vendor activity straight and we record by grant funds so we have multiple funds purchasing from one vendor and it is easy to see which fund paid what amount to a vendor.
- We currently have over 300 employees and with MIP Fund Accounting we can import our web timesheets saving our payroll clerk hours and hours of data entry for each payroll period.
- Monthly reports are easy to use and customize. I can create a report for a funding source with information another funding source may not want so I can easily manipulate the reports to best fit my needs.
- On vendor records, it would be good to able to change the 1099 status anytime during the year. Now if we change that status the system either includes all payments sent even though we changed it to not produce a 1099 or if we want it to produce one but the status was not correct we have to adjust the vendor balances rather than it pulling the information from the Vendor Payment Information.
- Recreating paycheck stubs would be beneficial.
- Vendor payment records has saved the agency from duplicate payments on multiple occasions.
- In payroll a tax percent was entered incorrectly and then corrected before the next payroll the system knew to adjust all employees affected by the change. We did not have to make a large journal entry to correct the error.
Yes, we manage up to 50 different grant funds at one time and MIP helps keep those funds recorded separately and properly.
Capital Business Solutions - Capital Business Solutions is our new partner organization and they have been wonderful. They offer free trainings and are always just a phone call or email away when we need help fast.
I've been with the current company for 17+ years so MIP Fund Accounting is the only software I am familiar with anymore.
MIP Fund Accounting is well suited for payables and payroll but it does not help with inventory. We have also started using MIP HR Manager and it links to MIP Fund Accounting and that has been a good fit for our agency. We are able to update HR Manager but it also updates data needed in MIP Fund Accounting.