Server Essentials Review
https://www.trustradius.com/endpoint-backupAcronis Cyber BackupUnspecified8.392101
Dean Eumenidi profile photo
November 30, 2017

Server Essentials Review

Score 9 out of 101

Software Version

Backup 12.5 Standard,

Overall Satisfaction with Acronis Backup

I use Acronis to backup my entire server for the entire business. I do this a few times a week. I also use Acronis to backup workstations so if something happens, I can restore a new hard drive in a matter of minutes instead of taking a whole day of reloading a new hard drive from scratch.
  • Mirror image of storage device/hard drive to an external source
  • Ease of loading the backup to restore a hard drive from the external source
  • A "must Have" for any business that uses computer technology for business
  • A little explanation or help topics on setting up server backups
  • Acronis has already saved me a ton of downtime especially with employees that work in the office. We had our server just up and crash over a weekend and could not get it back on-line. Went and got new hard drives and took the Acronis bootable CD and were able to restore the server onto the new drives from the external backup drive in a matter of hours instead of days and with no loss of business information or files, everything ran as smooth as it did with no hiccups before the crash.
I have Acronis setup to email me when a backup is successful or unsuccessful. When I get an unsuccessful email, I usually have to reboot the server for the Acronis program to "reconnect" as I call it and everything is fine for a while.
  • Windows Server Essentials
  • Windows PC
  • Microsoft Hyper-V,
  • Microsoft Office 365
  • Microsoft Azure
  • Microsoft Exchange Server
  • Microsoft SQL Server
Well suited for backup of servers or personal computers with multiple hard drives. I only use this program for what it is intended to do....backup information you do not want to lose, so to answer a less appropriate scenario, I can not answer.

Acronis Cyber Backup Feature Ratings