Updated August 01, 2014
Score 9 out of 10
- Planning and Budgeting
Overall Satisfaction with Adaptive Insights
Adaptive Insights is used for creating our annual budget. The finance team really runs it, making sure everything is accurate and complete. We also send it out to each manager of all of the different departments in the organization so they may feel like they own their own budget. It addresses our problem of having our budget on one single, organized, and structured program that can be accessed on the cloud.
- Adaptive Insights has a great hierarchy and GL mapping system. When you work with thousands of lines of different types of incomes or expenses, having a nice structured mapping will save tons of time when trying to find something. Which will lead more time for analysis.
- The reporting tool is also great. Instead of trying to find individual rows or cells to copy and paste into your own spreadsheet, writing a report in the reporting tool will give you everything you want in the format that you want. Again, saving more time for value add functions.
- Adaptive Insights also does a great job in customer service. Whenever I have a question, I can always get an answer that day. They have even introduced me to other users in my area that have shown me several tips and tricks. This is very important because the more you know about a system the more you can do.
- Connecting to 3rd party vendor reports would be great.
- Creating more customizable dashboards on the cloud.
- Creating a one click drill down into Excel would be helpful.
- High increase in employee efficiency
- Great customer service, never have to wait to get an answer back, saving tons of time.
- Better automated reporting tools allowing for more time for value add.
I have used Oracle, Host Analytics, and Axiom. Adaptive Planning is far and away superior to Host Analytics on every stand point. Adaptive Planning is a much easier version to use over Oracle and Axiom on a budgeting and planning only standpoint. When we chose Adaptive we only needed the budgeting and planning tool so that is why we went with them. Very easy system for our management team to learn.
I would renew Adaptive if we were only using it for budgeting and planning. I believe it has a lot of ground to make up in the reporting and SQL based query writing that other programs have standard in their product. I believe if Adaptive boosted this part of their program their customer service would blow the other competitors out of the water.
Adaptive is better suited for a group who is currently using Excel for their budgeting and planning. Adaptive would be a great product to recommend to a colleague in that scenario. For my other colleagues who are building robust systems and really diving into high level SQL based dashboards, that would be a less appropriate time to recommend Adaptive.