In an uncertain economy, the only constancy is change - it's easy to keep up and adapt with Adaptive Insights!!
Overall Satisfaction with Adaptive Insights
It is currently being used by five diversified departments and one infrastructure area, with our IT Finance group in current implementation. It allows us to complete our financial plans in a fraction of the time previously, with much more accuracy. It allows us a level of analysis of current operations that is unmatched with any tool I've used previously. We get our monthly financial analysis reports out in minutes instead of days and the reports are totally customizable.
- Adaptive allows us to get our monthly financial reports in the hands of our users very quickly, accurately and reliably. The ability to rapidly generate these standard reports, as well as ad-hoc analysis with speed and accuracy is a huge strength upon which we rely.
- Our rolling forecasts are driver based, and often allow us to come within 3-5% of actuals on a consistent basis, allowing better decision making and improving our ability to react to situations more quickly.
- I would love to see the ability to format and customize the look and feel of the sheets, as that is where many of our users spend the majority of their time looking at data. Also, the ability to combine graphical reports with our sheets would allow more rapid acceptance of the system as a one stop shop for financial and operational insights into information. Hopefully office Connect will provide some of that, but to be able to access the sheets in Planning more like sheets in Excel would be nice.
- Adaptive Insights stays way ahead of the curve. If there is a nagging part of the software that needs changing or improving, they are usually catching it, or responding to user requests so quickly, that improvement is not only happening, it happens every day.
- Adaptive Insights has cut our planning cycle by about 75%. Since we have adopted the rolling forecast concept in Adaptive, our plans almost generate themselves. The operational drivers become an integral part of the data we gather, as they drive future financials and provide a road map as to where we are heading.
- We can respond to financial questions from our customers more quickly because our financial data is at our finger tips at a moments notice. We are better able to see the relationships of our data when we can look across multiple periods and multiple levels and dimensions on the fly. Since we now have one system where we bring in both operational and financial data, we can see relationships that were previously less obvious.
- We, as finance analysts, are more efficient, as we can respond much quicker, with greater accuracy, because now there is ONE source of the truth, in ONE location.
We used Excel, and macro laced Excel workbooks for planning in the past, and for any ad-hoc customized reporting. Excel was clunky, difficult to maintain, and links were breaking left and right. Allocated departments were often changing their budgets, which had downstream impact on everyone. The plan version control was horrendous with Excel. It's a piece of cake with Adaptive!
There is nothing else out there that even comes close. I think of what the perfect solution is for planning, consolidations, reporting and analysis and Adaptive is already there. Nobody else is even in the same ball park. The support staff is the greatest. They respond very rapidly with the same level of concern that we as customers show.