Good but very expensive and somewhat hard to use
June 21, 2022

Good but very expensive and somewhat hard to use

Overall Satisfaction with Adobe Acrobat DC

I have used Adobe Acrobat DC to review and edit PDF files.
  • Allows you to convert PDFs into forms
  • Makes editing PDF documents easy
  • Allows for easy navigation with bookmarking
  • Allows you to easily extract portions of PDFs into new files
  • Makes marking up PDFs with highlighting and underlying
  • The conversion of a PDF into a fillable form could be better
  • Editing text in PDFs can be a challenge
  • Redaction of PDFs seems to be harder than it needs to be
  • It is the standard in the profession
  • As we move more and more to keeping digital files, the ability to edit and manage PDF files has become essential
In my experience, Adobe Acrobat DC is usable but there are some difficult parts. For instance, I received a file from someone that was redacted. I went to print it and the redaction was removed. Obviously, this was not the intention of the person who sent me the redacted file. As attorneys, we rely on the technology and it should have been easier to use in this case to keep the document protected.
Concerns over confidentiality are paramount for attorneys and with the ease of being able to send digital files, it is essential to be able to encrypt files and add passwords. Adobe Acrobat DC allows this to be done rather easily.
Based on my experience, I like Kofax Power PDF better. I find it easier to use. I think that it does a much better job at converting documents into fillable PDFs. The price point is much more reasonable.

Do you think Adobe Acrobat delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Adobe Acrobat's feature set?

Did Adobe Acrobat live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Adobe Acrobat go as expected?

Would you buy Adobe Acrobat again?

Adobe Acrobat DC does a good job overall, it is just too expensive in my opinion.