Best free PDF tool
June 29, 2022
Best free PDF tool
Manager in Information TechnologyHigher Education Company, 1001-5000 employees
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is used to open, review, and sign documents as well as share information online with current employees and students. The commenting features are used to collect meaningful feedback on creative projects such as flyers and posters and make sure that less time is spent in meetings or reviewing emails and more time is spent making improvements.
- Lets anyone review and mark up a document
- Creates a universal file that can be opened on PC, Mac, or Mobile
- Tracks digital signatures and forms
- Adding some basic document/file editing capabilities for free would be great
- Files are often overly large when including any photos or media
- Creating an accessible file is too complex
- It saves time on feedback
- It reduces errors in forms and paperwork by limiting what the submitter can change
Do you think Adobe Acrobat Reader delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Adobe Acrobat Reader's feature set?
Did Adobe Acrobat Reader live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Adobe Acrobat Reader go as expected?
Would you buy Adobe Acrobat Reader again?
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is great for cross-platform sharing of static files that do not need to be changed or collaborated on. It works well as a file-based form management tool and allows users to easily fill in data and submit a completed form. It's great for annotation and commenting without requiring paid software (such as Microsoft Office).
Using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
The main issues or limitations with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC usually stem from the device or OS rather than the software or document. Complaints typically arise when contributors use a different app to view or edit, which is understandably outside of Adobe's control. It would be helpful if the ability to open and fill a PDF was built into the OS, but that's more of a licensing issue than anything else.