Account Representatives Leave Something to be Desiredhttps://www.trustradius.com/hr-managementADP TotalSourceUnspecified5.5201012019-03-30T00:15:39.590Z
March 29, 2019
Account Representatives Leave Something to be Desired
Score 5 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with ADP TotalSource
ADP TotalSource is being used as a Professional Employer Organization (PEO). As part of a larger organization, we allow the group to leverage or aggregate workforce toward better benefit offers (among other perks). Being a PEO service, we also look to ADP Totalsource for many functions that would normally be offered in house by a human resources department. Finally, the majority of our payroll-related services are executed by ADP.
- Their payroll software offers the expected levels of security/controls regarding timecard approvals.
- Personally, I have found their "canned" reporting software pretty easy to use.
- As far as account representatives, William (Bill) Eddy has been a pleasure to work with. The majority of the other individuals assigned to our account have left a poor taste in my mouth. Terrence Jeffrey Malari was a great deal of help in working through some personal questions I had. Actually, the representatives assigned to individual needs seem to be pretty helpful, the account team could use some additional training.
- ADP built a custom report that is capable of uploading directly into our general ledger.
- Many of the individuals that have been assigned to our account over the years have provided a poor level of service. Typically, the poor service was due to lack of training (they appeared to be genuinely trying). Recently, I have had great success with William (Bill) Eddy.
- We have observed rising fees over the years. After shopping the market, it appears that these fees are not in line with what we should be observing.
- Due to poor account management throughout the majority of the relationship, our overall business objectives have been negatively impacted by the relationship. The PEO service is relatively "expensive" and we expected better service.
- The simple fact that we have now had exposure to PEOs has had a positive impact. We now understand some of the struggles to expect during onboarding and the on-going relationship.
- Auto-generation of bi-monthly payroll journal entries has been helpful in creating visibility to payroll's impact on finances (by individual/user).
At the moment, we have not investigated any of the products available in the drop-down list provided. However, we have evaluated some other (unavailable) products and have been intrigued by the potential decrease in fees along with the potential for a much more "rich" benefit plan. We can't speak to the level of customer service observed by current clients, only to apparent cost savings.
ADP TotalSource (as a PEO) is well-suited for companies that need a little help acquiring the next tier of benefit offerings from payers. Assuming they continue providing additional training to account representatives, they are well suited for companies who would like to reduce their exposure to payroll and human resources. The service is less appropriate for smaller companies who can easily handle payroll functions in house.