Overall Satisfaction with AirWatch
Currently we are using Airwatch for corporate/BYOD and Apple Mac OS management. We have AIrwatch integrated with the Apple Volume Purchase Program and utilize the Airwatch catalog to provide a repository of supported applications to our business community of both public and purchased applications. Application licenses are managed through Airwatch allowing us to push apps out to the business groups and simply reallocate licenses by group assignment. We rely on Airwatch compliance policies to keep our application and operating systems up to date. The rule based compliance policies are robust and allow us to manage our devices with minimal administrative interaction. The staging user process simplifies the corporate enrollment experience to only two user inputs on enrollment. We have found Airwatch to be good in both user and administrative/management experience.
- Compliance policies are robust. One thing we have done is to keep our operating systems updated using the Airwatch compliance policies. We created a customized email from an Airwatch template and send notifications to users when they are not compliant.
- Volume Purchase Program Integration allows you to purchase apps with a corporate credit card and push out licenses to authorized users.
- Staging user allows minimal end user interaction. Only 2 inputs when we hand a corporate phone to an end user(device password & email password).
- Secure Content Locker allows us to open and manage email attachments in a secure container.
- The MDM space is moving fast and growth is challenging for growing technology companies. Airwatch is no different in some of their support challenges. However investing in a TAM has proven to be well worth the investment. Having a point person to facilitate through support has been critical to our successful implementation of Airwatch in our environment.
- Being able to purchase apps and push to mobile devices has enabled our safety team to quickly identify and deploy purchased applications that serve them in the field.
Airwatch remains a leader in Gartner's Magic Quadrant and meets the data mobility needs of our organization. We are looking at moving to the cloud with Office365 and are evaluating the Intune/EMS/MAM/Rights Management suite. We have set up both Airwatch and Intune/EMS/MAM/Rights Management in a lab environment and have compiled some good comparison data and are looking to further evaluate these products. From our testing Airwatch has good integration with Office365 and is more feature rich and has more robust controls in both the MDM and Data Management/Security space. If someone is looking for a more simple solution without MDM and they are considering providing email and calendar access only Intune/MAM may be the way to go.
Airwatch is a leader in the EMS/MDM space and [I] believe it is poised to continue to be a leader. VMware's acquisition along with EMC/DELL will give even more resources to help Airwatch stay current in this ever changing space.