Alteryx: Making life easier!https://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligence-biAlteryx PlatformUnspecified8.51431012016-12-16T17:23:56.761Z
December 16, 2016
Alteryx: Making life easier!
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Alteryx Analytics
I used Alteryx Analytics individually for some research that I was doing for one of the data projects that I had. It has an intuitive workflow for data blending and analytics. It makes all the processes much faster compared to what it was before.
- It can independently generate required analytics instead of having to require specialists.
- The ability to read and write in a multitude of formats: from Excel, Access tables, Tableau and Teradata to MapInfo, ESRI, Google Earth, etc.
- Single drag and drop workflow instead of multiple tools.
- The visualization that Alteryx provides can be improved much more than where it stands tonight.
- It doesn't seem to be able to process Big Data as efficiently as I would have liked.
- There are a lot of things that you need to learn.
- Alteryx does an excellent job of integrating consumer and spatial data to calculate and visualize things like locations within a certain drive-time radius.
- For visualization purposes I had to move the data to excel for some decent graphs.
- It can become very expensive.
Alteryx was surely a better option compared to RapidMiner but when compared against IBM SPSS it is behind for advanced analytical techniques and model scoring, visualization capabilities and neural networks functionalities. SPSS also has a diverse range of analytical techniques and models compared to Alteryx. RapidMiner provides a Studio component for design, a Server component, a Hadoop connector called Radoop and a component for stream processing.
It is well suited where the user likes to write some code from time to time and also in cases where machine learning is required. Alteryx uses R for its machine learning which makes it life easier. Scenarios where maps need to be created for visualization are the examples. It lags a lot compared to other similar softwares for visualization but is very friendly for data analysis.