Quicksight an AWS basic reporting solution for your data in their cloud..only for adhoc reportinghttps://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligence-biAmazon QuickSightUnspecified6.5191012017-11-13T15:00:02.388Z
November 13, 2017
Quicksight an AWS basic reporting solution for your data in their cloud..only for adhoc reporting
Score 4 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Amazon QuickSight
We are a company which checks the quality of health care provided by a payer. We have top payers as our clients. Right now we are using QuickSight on an experimental basis and only a few of our clients are using it. It has a few pros and cons like for a few basic reports clients don't need to come to us they can generate it by themselves. However, it is not so easy that the average business user does not need developer assistance. In short, we can say it is good but only for the very basic requirements.
- Good for creating basic reporting by the business user.
- Integration with other data storage services of AWS
- You can start getting your business insights immediately no need think of license or setting up infrastructure.
- You need to pay as you use so its economical.
- Spice space can be shared across all users in the account. SPICE is QuickSight storage where data is stored in an optimized way for fast reporting.
- You can not use it as a primary reporting tool as many of the features are missing.
- For complex reports for business, users need to get help from an IT person.
- Business users time will waste in developing reports, it should have a version where we can promote the report from one environment to other.
- Sharing report with the user who is not added in IAM is complex.
Very very limited functionality when looking at sharing of the reports, users need to be part of QuickSight. No customized distribution and security functionalities are available.
Amazon QuickSight Feature Ratings
Evaluating QuickSight and Competitors
- Product Usability
- Vendor Reputation
- Existing Relationship with the Vendor
- Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor
We have our petabytes of data on AWS so doing reporting on a tool provided by them will be much faster. and a big name and great service of amazon also made us to select quick sight.