AmazonQuick is a powerful tool for my organizationhttps://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligence-biAmazon QuickSightUnspecified6.5191012018-12-06T04:06:21.872Z
December 05, 2018
AmazonQuick is a powerful tool for my organization
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Amazon QuickSight
Amazon QuickSight is used as the sole reporting program for our Call Center, Marketing and Sales teams. It provides performance data for our organization (including Daily/Monthly Sales metrics, Marketing metrics, Call Center stats, etc.). Amazon QuickSight allows for daily real-time monitoring which allows our team to make any necessary adjustments if we see that our numbers are not where we want them to be. Each department has different reports built specifically for them. For example in Marketing I designed reports using the various available data sets that help me effectively lead our Marketing team.
- Amazon QuickSight is a really easy program to learn how to use.
- Amazon QuickSight allows our team to customize the data using the various data sets, which makes the available reports incredibly powerful to our organization.
- Our organization has the ability continually adjust our reports and build new reports as business needs change.
- Even though our organization has different reports built for different departments, each department can still access and understand reports from across the company.
- One of the primary challenges I've had with Amazon QuickSight so far is that some of the reports I want to build use data from different data sets. Instead of being able to put all of the information I want to see into one report.
- Some of our Amazon QuickSight reports only update every 24 hours. It would be great to see that data in real-time.
- I would remove the various time zones from Amazon QuickSight and only use the time zone we are in.
All of the other reporting platforms my organization has used previously were within our CRM and not a standalone program. In that we were very limited in being able to slice and dice the data the way that we wanted to.
All of the data that feeds into Amazon QuickSight comes from our CRM, Clarity. We do not have data coming in from any other sources. Some of the data that comes in is in real-time and some of the data only updates every 24 hours. Overall, the API feed of data seems to be very seamless and there have not been any hiccups in the feed.
There are many members across my organization that use the QuickSight reports throughout each business day. There are various reports built for various departments as well as reports that cross over to all departments. There have not been any issues across the various departments with viewing the reports and using unique filters to look at the reports differently. Our IT department is the only department within the organization that has the necessary permissions to create new reports and/or make changes to existing reports.
Amazon QuickSight is well suited in any organization that is making business decisions based on performance data whether it be Marketing, Sales, Call Center, etc. It is a great tool especially for mature organizations that have a lot of data to work with. Amazon QuickSight may be not as well suited for newer organizations that are just beginning to drive data/performance metrics. The data available becomes more and more valuable to more that you have.