November 30, 2019
Score 2 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Amazon Redshift
Amazon Redshift was our enterprise data warehouse as a backend to our BI solutions.
- Fixed cost.
- Tunable table design.
- Need to provision warehouse for highest capacity.
- No real separation between computing and storage (even when considering Spectrum).
- All users share the same infrastructure resulting in frequent 100% utilization error messages.
- A leader node can become a bottleneck for too many concurrent aggregate queries.
- Constant killed queries.
- Not much performance boost in terms of the cache.
- Users perceived the data warehouses as incapable of supporting widespread usage throughout the enterprise.
We had premium AWS support so can't speak about support for those who don't sign up for it.
Do you think Amazon Redshift delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Amazon Redshift's feature set?
Did Amazon Redshift live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Amazon Redshift go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Amazon Redshift again?