About SES at a glance.https://www.trustradius.com/transactional-emailAmazon Simple Email ServiceUnspecified8.5381012017-12-04T19:59:11.027Z
December 04, 2017
About SES at a glance.
Score 7 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Amazon Simple Email Service
We use Amazon Simple Email Service for sending out emails related to password changes, emailing the details about the latest updates to the product, sending out links to verify user activity etc. SES enabled us to sink our systems to help users understand their recent driving behavior using a single button click. SES enabled us to send HTML pages which were built very easily.
- Easy to send thousands of messages without worrying about scaling.
- Very easy to understand SDK and modules in Java and Python and start sending custom emails in minutes.
- Not a costly service. Implementing using the service and training people is really simple.
- Could maintain a dashboard with the list of previously sent emails and their templates.
- Amazon Simple Email Service dashboard could be made more user-friendly by including few HTML snippets so that they are readily available for testing.
- Implemented the email service in minutes as the SDK is very easy to implement a sample.
- Could send out thousands of emails in minutes and was able to send out bigger attachments in the email.
- Engaging with users helped us in winning more number of users to install our App.
Amazon Simple Email Service could be used to target user engagement just like SNS notifications. This could be an alternative where the user might need to have some registration information, password reset emails, marketing emails etc. It is less appropriate if you want to map a domain name on top of amazon.com domain name as its clearly visible on which service is being used to send out emails.