Overall Satisfaction with Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS)
We use the simple notification services extensively for team in Client Service to Development and Operations, as events are collected and metrics evaluated across the entire VPC. Amazon simple notification is primarily used with the DevOps staff for managing activity by cloudwatch events, to be sent via configured topics for SNS to all department members.
- Built in for quicker setup within AWS ecosystem.
- Trusted as you control the users and configuration via IAM and easy access controls.
- Can be sent to S3 simple storage or for long term storage if required.
- Can be used in many regions, same configs.
- Add more console support for better graphical support.
- Can be hard to configure and may take many test example to even out alerts.
- Limitation on how many relays so may need external sms or other provider to save a bit more.
- Low cost unless environment has bad code or infrastructure sprawl.
- Fit into initial budget as it's pay as you go, allowing time to adjust and realize and ROI. Not a huge upfront cost to lift this service off.
Trusted service that just works also, can be redundant for extra reliability in regions geo located.
As long as the user is familiar with AWS as basic cloud practitioner this service should be relatively easy to get up and running.
Do you think Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS)'s feature set?
Did Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS) live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS) go as expected?
Would you buy Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS) again?
Great on its own or in conjunction with other tools that integrate and allow grouping for better message distribution. It can be run programmatically via API, making it fully configurable to help drive your alerts in your custom application for machine to machine messaging (a nice bonus to this service that is fully managed).