Overall Satisfaction with Anaplan
As a consultant, I have seen Anaplan used in multiple ways, both at the department level as well as across the entire organization. Additionally, I have seen multiple use cases solved with Anaplan, everything from generic budgeting and financial planning to capital markets specific use cases such as portfolio financial metrics like IRR, MOIC, etc. to custom waterfall calculations.
- Composite hierarchies & dimensions
- Real time calculations
- Ability to connect other systems
- Modeling / building ease of use
- Modeling efficiency is a positive, experienced model builders can rapidly develop solutions
- Organization is a positive, Anaplan forces organization during the implementation
- Native reporting could be improved
Do you think Anaplan delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Anaplan's feature set?
Did Anaplan live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Anaplan go as expected?
Would you buy Anaplan again?
You can build anything in Anaplan, the key is using Anaplan for what it is good for and not trying to make it do everything. An example of where Anaplan excels is real time budgeting. As values are entered, totals change in real time so end users can make decisions with out the overhead of having to consolidate excel workbooks. Where Anaplan is less appropriate, data storage. Use a database for storage and give Anaplan the ability to use the stored data via an ETL layer.