Overall Satisfaction with Apache CloudStack
Apache CloudStack offers a solid documentation and a large community for users and developers that make troubleshooting less difficult. Is a very reliable tool for orchestration with good and simple usability.
You can deploy new virtual machines with a few clicks.
Due to big and engaged community, updates are available frequently in order to solve bugs and improve features.
Is an open-source software that is very important to build a low cost solution.
The orchestration architecture is simple. With only one server it is possible to have a cloud orchestrator, provisioning network, compute and disk. Updates are often published. User authentication can be based in SAML 2.0. This product is open source and is possible to create features as your needs. Good features can be submitted to the community to be released in next versions. Almost all functions to maintenance are available in API.
CloudStack is a simple monolithic agnostic orchestration tool that you need a couple hours to study, design and implement to have huge result, an entire IaaS experience. Because it's simple the troubleshooting is very easy and the providers can delivery a great SLA to their clients
Apache CloudStack an open source solution that allows us keep in touch with the worldwide community of contributors whose maintain its source code and working actively of creation of new functionalities, fixing bugs and helping other users solve their problems. The software also permits a quick scalability of hardware. For end users, the interface provides the experience of total control of your resources as if they had mini data-center
- New functionalities
- Fixing bugs
- Private and public clouds
- Sometimes you can find undocumented bugs
- It fails in the area where instead of making stuff that works bug free it introduces new ones with every minor or major release
- More Rigid
- Delivering Infrastructure as a Service to University community. Resources are applied on research, management and education.
- Before that, there were a lot of local data centers spread trough the University (considering all campus). Using cloud computing with CloudStack, the operational cost was significantly decreasead
- Our need was in a low-cost product, not complex, with low maintenance, resilient, able to orchestrate a large pool of IT equipment
Whether our clients are VPS hosting providers or operate private cloud infrastructure for their internal enterprise requirements, CloudStack provides solutions in an easy to implement and operate way that is simple to provide training for.
The learning curve for our customesr adopting CloudStack for the management of their cloud infrastructure is shallow, enabling our clients to come up to speed quickly without having to outsource their administrative functions any longer than necessary