June 17, 2016
Application Development Project Manager and GIS Analyst
San Francisco International AirportAirlines/Aviation, 1001-5000 employees
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Apigee
SFO uses Apigee to manage and distribute its data services. Apigee will be the gateway for app developers, vendors and other interdepartmental staff to access SFO's APIs. Apigee allows SFO to standardize how it services data to interested parties. In the future, we aspire to have Apigee as the only place to share our data services.
- Manage user access, we can allow specific access to users based on their need and even customize requests of services based on user requirements.
- Allow branding, so that SFO can maintain its look and feel but still get the support and functionalities we need from Apigee.
- Integrates well with other platforms we use.
- Documentation could be better, as our system's department had some trouble following it.
- Naming convention.
- As a public entity it is hard to say how much ROI we can have. We have yet to create a billing and ROI plan. We are thinking of other ways to create ROI, possibly through data/service barter.
Apigee has worked well for us to digitize the enterprise and share services readily to any interested party. It works very well for third party integration to provide services on multiple platforms. It is great product for expanding your enterprise's horizon and being involved in the digital world of today.