The Rolls Royce of APMhttps://www.trustradius.com/application-performance-managementAppDynamicsUnspecified8.2631012017-08-01T20:01:12.169Z
August 01, 2017
The Rolls Royce of APM
Score 6 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with AppDynamics
AppDynamics is being used as an application performance monitor spanning a multi tier cloud based environment which serivces up to 2000+ end users. AppDynamics is used to identify bottle necks and performance issues within our application as well as provide real time hardware stats for each of the constituent pieces of hardware within our cloud environment.
- The user interface is brilliant, especially the map showing the flow of network traffic between your various pieces of hardware being monitored.
- Easy to identify slow running queries.
- Quick and easy to set up.
- It is quite pricey, though does provide a lot more detail than other APM providers.
- Traversing the call stack through multiple application layers can get confusing at times.
- No noticeable ROI as such but that's mainly down to our application type. E-Commerce organisations and similar would benefit hugely.
- Did provide us early visibility of failing calls which got stuck in a loop and spammed some of our servers.
- Positive impact in terms of highlighting slow running queries.
Appdynamics offered so much more functionality than New Relic, albeit at a more expensive price. The UI was easier to navigate in Appdynamics than in New Relic and it was considerably easier to configure and deploy AppDynamics than New Relic. We had extensive discussions with engineers at AppDynamics and they provided great support in getting us up and running.
AppDynamics is clearly well suited for monitoring e-commerce applications and I can see where it adds huge value for organisations with this application. It is less suited as an entire suite for our application but we do get value from the parts of the application which do suit our application.