Overall Satisfaction with APS OnLine
We have over 20 hotels that are using the time and attendance platform. They all have different payrolls and are in various states across the US. They all have different employee handbooks, and other regulations. APS has been very helpful with getting the accruals and rules set up for our locations. The customer service is INCREDIBLE. We have a designated person who helps us right away and gets any issues resolved.
We have the HR console but really haven't been using it since the majority of our locations don't offer a large amount of benefits. We are using tablets for the employees to use as timeclocks which was a very inexpensive way to allow them to clock in and out. A few of our locations are using the handpunch as well and have really liked that. Overall the system is very customizable and the managers at the different locations have been able to catch on quickly with how to edit and approve timecards.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE. They are so helpful and you get a really quick response. You don't ever sit on hold for hours on end and you get the RIGHT answer or resolution to your problem. We previously had ADP which was a nightmare so APS Online customer service has made our bi-weekly payroll runs a breeze.
- Customizable - we were able to make any adjustments as needed to our different departments, types of rates, types of vacation accruals etc. With the great customer service we can explain exactly what needs to change and they take care of it right away.
- Transition from your old provider - APS Online worked with us and pulled in all of our old information. It made our workload a lot easier. They even helped pull reports for us to use from our old system which has helped us complete various workers comp audits.
- Reporting - through APS Online you can create SO many custom reports. Its easy to use and very intuitive.
- State by state rules - In a few states that we work in they have very strict rules on overtime, sick leave, etc and APS didn't have the time and attendance pre-configured correctly for these. Their development team has really worked with us to handle it but it just took a bit longer. Overall though they have been very upfront about it and have been able to make the necessary changes.
- No scheduling - I think this is something in development right now but I know that other larger companies do have this capability. It would be great to have but it truly hasn't "hurt" our ability to do payroll.
- Because of the reduced amount of errors and the better customer service our payroll now takes at least one less day. We had a full time employee and now she works .75 but can work on more important things as well.
- Better reporting allows us to complete labor verifications, workers comp audits etc even quicker
We had used ADP for years and had always struggled with their customer service. With over 20 locations (20+ W2s, quarterly filings, etc) we had a lot of questions. We would have to call and sit on hold for long periods of time to talk to someone who couldn't always answer our questions. Then we would get different answers from different people or have to re-explain our issue. It was a major time suck for my employees and they dreaded having to call all of the time.
For us - the final straws for us to switch providers were:
+Numerous year end filings with incorrect names and addresses (they couldn't keep our 20+ locations separate even though our paperwork was completed correctly)
+Incorrect SUI rates for several locations that resulted in tens of thousands of dollars in overpayments which was a lot of money for small hotels. We had sent in numerous requests for them to fix this but it never happened
+Lack of care - even though we were having all of these issues, nobody would work with us to get them all resolved and make sure to remedy the situation. We had to seek out a manager to get them resolved but even after this, we still had more issues.
Overall - DON'T stick with ADP or even think about switching to them. They might be able to slash prices but their poor customer service and lack of care will cost you in the end. It's not worth it. APS does everything ADP had the capability of but we don't have the errors or headaches we did before. I am really looking forward to this year end!
I think that APS Online is scalable to any organization. It's a wonderful product and I have had so many managers that work with me that feel the same way. We haven't been with them quite a year yet but since we've started it has made a world of difference for us.
Things to ask about-
1- Do they specialize in or can they accommodate states that you are working in and their various rules?
2- What type of customer service? Do they have a call center or do they have a designated person like APS?
3- How long do your reports stay in the system? (ADP "archived" theirs after a year so we couldn't reach them)