Overall Satisfaction with Asigra
This software was used by a Managed Services Provider to offer cloud based backup solutions to many clients. These clients ranged in size from very small (5 Employees) to mid sized (500 employees). Clients would run a small piece of software locally and backup to cloud at a central datacenter.
- Lightweight setup for clients.
- Agentless for most servers.
- Robust, can backup almost anything.
- De-duplication across multiple servers and tenants.
- Interface is very basic and can be convoluted. It is not pretty.
- Errorcodes are usually complicated and often need high level resources to figure out.
- Support system with manufacture is ticket based. Vendors are incentivized not to create tickets.
- Lead Generator - Foot in the door Product
- Easier access to Enterprise backup options for smaller clients.
Asigra is built with multitenant MSPs and companies in mind so its easier to use when managing many companies or isolated parts of a business. Asigra can stackup well in these situations against Avamar and Commvault. Cost can be lower but adds up quickly as you consume storage
It's in place already and many clients rely on it. The product has largely worked well and the sustained costs are substantially less than the initial up front investment.
Asigra is best suited for large multi-site Enterprise, MSPs, or customers of MSPs who want cloud based backup with many options. It is best suited for shops that have strong Linux resources and keen troubleshooting skills or can lean on an MSP to do the lifting for them. Agentless backup makes deployment easy and efficient for many servers. Fast WAN recommended.
They have been very useful when used but the ticket system encourages you to not use support very often.
Problems get solved
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Yes - Vendors/Partners pay for a buckets of Tickets. Its the only support offered.
It is a bit rough around the edges and the GUI feels like a wrap around of a CLI but it is simple to use. The problem comes in when there is an error code you are usually chasing down the error code in the specific vendor's forums rather than Asigra's
Feel confident using
Difficult to use
Requires technical support
Slow to learn
Lots to learn