Overall Satisfaction with Autodesk Bim 360
Autodesk BIM 360 is used to access documents and submittals for the purpose of LEED consulting by our organization. Typically the construction manager will invite us to the project in order for us to review relevant documentation. Occasionally we will need to surf the entire site to find relevant information, but ideally we are searching within one folder labeled as "LEED" for the submittals and then search for other necessary info under the schedule and specs folders.
- New update shows project location and weather similar to a phone widget
- Loads relatively fast compared to other document storage options
- Easy to navigate and simplistic platform is perfect for its purpose
- Small functionality issues like using the search bar and exiting but needing to move the cursor over and click on search bar again for every search. Unsure why the screen moves after searching and this takes extra time when you are making multiple searches in a row.
- Top toolbar shows logo very small and clicking on project doesn't lead to general project info- which I think would be helpful
- Autodesk is a good tool to use for document management- gets the job done and all in one place. In that sense it is effective for our purposes and is a positive platform for conducting our services
- The search bar takes up additional time because of its small functionality problem and takes a while to search all documents. In that sense it does add some additional time compared to other platforms like Procore
Personally I prefer Procore for reviewing submittals and other documentation for LEED purposes only because that platform holds more of the information we are looking for like drawings as well, all in one place. Newforma has been used from time to time, but Autodesk is preffered to that because of its straightforward nature. Overall, we use the platform that our projects are already using, but they do make a small difference in the time and effectiveness of which we are able to do our job as consultants.
Do you think Autodesk BIM Collaborate Pro delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Autodesk BIM Collaborate Pro's feature set?
Did Autodesk BIM Collaborate Pro live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Autodesk BIM Collaborate Pro go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Autodesk BIM Collaborate Pro again?
Autodesk Bim 360 is well suited to the majority of construction projects in my opinion. On the construction side I could see how the straightforward nature of the platform would be well liked. The new update with the widgets is a great touch and allows for ease of site visits by showcasing good to know info like project location on a map and the local weather. You can also customize the "widgets" as you see fit to add more information if necessary to the home screen. From my experience as a LEED consultant, Bim 360 does not differ much from other platforms used for submittal review like Procore. It is easy enough to search for what you want but searches do take a while and you need to move the cursor over every time you search and do not find what you're looking for, which seems very unnecessary. Overall it is fine for reviewing documentation but isn't anything extraordinary.