Procore Reviews

September 09, 2020
Kasun Jayasiri | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Procore to communicate all the documents and information related to construction projects managed by our employer. Mainly we used it for the approval process of documents submitted by the General Contractor (shop drawings, method statements, material approval, RFI's etc.). Another major use we had was the distribution of documents such as progress reports, engineer instructions, variation orders, letters etc.

Procore is very useful in easy communication within all the parties of the project. Everybody can access documents saved in Procore so that minimises the opportunity for disputes. By using Procore, anybody can access the latest version of a document which is very important in large scale projects.
  • Very easy in managing approval workflows. You can take step by step approvals from the Structural Engineer, Architect, and lastly the Project Manager. This helps to minimise design changes.
  • Very easy to share documents. Also, you can save the document in Procore, so that anyone can access it.
  • You can use the project directory where you can find all the details of the people involved in the project.
  • Dashboard shows the pending items which enable you can take necessary actions.
  • Time it takes for the program to respond is relatively high. When the internet connection is poor, very difficult to use Procore.
  • Some features are hard to use and there are not enough manuals we can refer to.
  • If you not the admin for a particular project, you cannot delete a document even if you had uploaded it to a wrong folder. The document saving function is not very user friendly.
Procore is very much suited for large scale projects where there are a number of parties involved. Very good app to use in approval workflows. Also, it is very good in communicating contractual letters because you can have quick access to those documents later whenever required.
Cannot recommend Procore for small businesses and projects because it is costly. Not good to use if the internet connection is slow. Also, Procore may not be ideal to use in a very fast-paced project because the workflow process may take a considerable amount of time.
Read Kasun Jayasiri's full review
July 28, 2020
I am a project manager for a construction/development company. I am currently using Procore to manage two Projects. I use it for tendering, daily reporting, safety, drawing, and document management. In General, compared to other construction management programs I have used, I find Procore slow, not very flexible. for sending out drawings to contractors and consultants it is slow and cumbersome. For each drawing you want to send you need to download and wait for an email for each file—very time consuming, and the link you receive is not labeled. Their tech support people are friendly but not that helpful. The safety inspection tool works ok. The daily log can be used to record lots of data which I don't find helpful. I do like the photos. The RFI and Task function annoys people more than anything and I find it more time consuming than other ways of managing. Overall, Procore is like a multi-tool for Project management, none of which work very well.
  • The safety inspection tool works well and is relatively easy to use.
  • The bidding tool works reasonably well to use.
  • Photos and being able to categorize photos.
  • Slow and not very flexible.
  • Issuing drawings from Procore is slow and time consuming.
  • Creating tasks and RFIs is time consuming to set up and manage.
  • Scheduling tools are difficult to work with.
Very frustrating to use for the issuing of drawings electronically—extremely time-consuming. RFIs and tasks are slow to set up and you need to constantly update and manage them—frustrates employees, contractors, and consultants. The bidding tool works ok, same with photos. I don't like the schedule tools; I would much rather use Microsoft Projects for all of my scheduling needs. For marking up drawings or estimating I would much rather use Bluebeam.
I don't think there has been any impact on the speed at which daily logs are entered. The main advantage is it is easier to go back to previous daily logs to review things like manpower, photos, and weather.
February 03, 2020
christian Maxwell | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have recently begun implementing Procore as the company's standard project management software. It is allowing us to standardize our company processes and streamline our construction processes. This has been beneficial as it unifies the company through one standard process which helps us progress towards our goal of being able to move anywhere within the company and know how things are being done.
  • Meetings/Meeting Minutes - These are incredibly easy to use and set up to be very neat and quick in their creation.
  • Mobile Drawing Access - This is great as when drawings are updated on Procore they are automatically updated on the mobile devices.
  • Drawing Revisions - Getting updated drawing sets has never been a quicker or easier process than it is with Procore.
  • Quality Control - The quality control tools while thorough can be a bit slow to create and manage in the field.
  • Creating Inspection Checklists - This can be time-consuming. I wish there was a way to import checklists or to copy sections or questions.
  • Drawing mark ups - Procore's drawing mark up capabilities are very basic and rudimentary and I feel there is room for improvement.
I feel Procore is well suited to managing and documenting the construction processes. I have not had any experiences with any scenarios in my work where I have felt that Procore was less appropriate. It may be just because I have my specific roles with the project and do not thoroughly use all of the different tools.
Read christian Maxwell's full review
February 03, 2020
Kristen Silvan | TrustRadius Reviewer
Procore is used as a communication tool between the office and the field. It is great for someone like myself that works in both settings. It is easy to retrieve information that I need and to add new information. The tracking system of when new info and by whom is added is awesome and a wonderful tool as other programs do not have this feature. The photo feature is great also and always for an easy way to upload pictures for all to see/review. The phone app is easy to operate. My favorite part is being able to get online on any computer and access my projects; it's the simplicity of Procore that I enjoy the most.
  • Ease of use.
  • Phone app is amazing.
  • Love having all of my project information at my fingertips!
  • I don't enjoy the scheduling portion... this is difficult as I am used to Microsoft Project, so that is one section that we do not use.
  • The time card section needs to remember what I chose previously. Sometimes a pain when I don't enter my time on a daily basis. Impossible to change/update.
Procore is great for people like me that jump between the office, field and home office. It is available as an app so can be used on my phone or my iPad. I enjoy the functionality and to date don't see any downsides to it. I would like it to remember/auto fill more areas instead of starting from scratch each time, the time card function specifically.
Read Kristen Silvan's full review
March 10, 2020
We use Procore on a daily basis to bridge the gap of communication between the office and field. We also use it for plan and document management. We use it on projects for masonry and concrete (structural, site, etc.). Procore helps solve the issue of having the latest and greatest information. Typically, the office will receive the plans before the field gets them. With a few clicks, office personnel can upload plans and the field will automatically receive - this ensures they are always working with the latest set.
  • Updates.
  • Notifications.
  • Cost.
  • Customer service wait time.
Procore is well suited for the construction industry whether it be concrete, masonry, steel, etc. It can take a few moments to learn where everything is located, but it becomes second nature after using it on a daily basis. I enjoy using it as a collaborative tool with my field team daily. On large scale projects, this is a must-have tool. On smaller projects or with smaller companies, I would recommend looking into cheaper software as this can be quite expensive.
Procore has increased the speed as daily logs, RFI's, submittals, etc. are required. The tracking feature helps to see who needs to be bugged and who is behind in doing their job. The automatic notification emails are a win! It saves me time on calls where I might get "ghosted" over the phone.
March 03, 2020
We are managing a project right now that we have taken over from another contractor and being able to coordinate and have everything we have going on in the field located in one place so that we can accurately put together budgets and forecasts and review change orders really has proven to be invaluable.
  • Ability to store all of your important project documents in one place
  • Uploading documents is very easy and intuitive
  • There is a feature for every task you would need on the job site
  • Because there is so much available, without proper training one could get lost
  • A complete training does take a good amount of time to become familiar with the program
  • There is so much to work with that there are definitely growing pains
We were able to create a unit-by-unit 150-point checklist to review every space and unit of a 342-unit multifamily building using Procore. We were able to customize the checklist to our needs and to create a format and layout that was simple and easy to navigate. We were even able to upload pictures for specific things we wanted to note. One thing that was a nuisance was that if there was something we needed to add or change to the checklist we could only do it for one unit at a time.
Daily logs are an essential part of the construction field team's responsibilities. If we as a company are able to put together and assemble comprehensive and detailed daily reports like the way Procore allows us to, we are able to function at a much higher level of productivity as orders can be placed on time as we are able to quickly get information to those able to make those decisions.
March 04, 2020
I am a consultant on several hundred construction projects. I have been signed up for Procore on several projects without my permission by contractors using this program and it is a complete waste of my valuable time. At one point I was getting 50 emails a day that had nothing to do with me. I called Procore and asked them to stop sending me emails and they refused. I had to threaten them with legal action to stop them from sending me emails.

It has made me very angry that I have to deal with this annoyance when I am so busy trying to work. Who do they think they are breaking the law sending emails to people that don't want to use their stupid program. This needs to stop. If I was a lawyer, I would be suing them right now for all my wasted time.
  • It wastes your time very well and annoys me with every useless notification I get
  • Procore should not be able to send emails to people without their permission. This needs to change and proper permissions should be obtained before sending any emails.
  • It is extremely difficult to get Procore to stop sending you emails
If only the rating could be less than zero, I would choose that. I have had nothing but a nightmare with this program. I have now changed all my contracts to state that I refuse to work on a project if I am required to use this program. I would rather NOT have any business than use this program.
It has slowed me down considerably wasting my time with unwanted emails. I have wasted time phoning Procore trying to get them to take my email address out of their system with no luck. I have files 2 complaints to the CRTC now for violation of email privacy laws that they continue to break.
Richard Bernot | TrustRadius Reviewer
Procore provides a single source of truth for project information. We are able to coordinate all data through Procore. We upload drawings, submittals, and forms. We create RFIs, Change Orders, Prime Contracts, Commitments, and Invoices through Procore. We also utilize an ERP connection with our accounting software to ensure financial data is updated automatically. Procore does have powerful tools, but the true power lies in the single solution. Many robust tools are available through different vendors, but Procore provides this functionality in a single comprehensive solution.

The biggest benefit to Procore is providing my team with a single place to view information to answer any question they might have about a project.
  • Submittal Workflow
  • RFI ease of use
  • Drawings (no symbol library) (no copy and paste for markups) (markups skew from iOS to Web)
  • Detailed Financial Reporting (can't create an invoice aging report)
Procore is attempting to be an attractive solution to GCs, Owners, and Specialty Contractors. It has tools that address many of the specific needs for each type of company.

The financials are designed to incorporate a total contract value budget and those that cost budget may need to adjust their budgeting to utilize Procore's financial tools. This is most visible during the change order process.

Field productivity and time tracking works pretty well for those that self-perform and need a time-tracking solution. This tool is not nearly as robust as some of the stand alone solutions, but again, it is part of Procore's single solution. The time reporting feature can be coerced into producing a printable weekly "timecard", but there is no way to get the individuals signature to accompany that timecard without dramatically increasing the physical print out size of the timecard. Individuals can electronically sign their timecards on their own smartphones.

The submittal tool workflow is by far my favorite. The tool tracks a step by step flow of accountability that is very clear and easy to customize.

RFIs are easy to use and an email reply will be automatically uploaded as an RFI response.

The drawings tool needs work.
Daily logs are great in Procore. When you utilize the time tracking solution and daily logs, all time automatically gets imported to the daily log. There are separate modules in the daily log that can be switched on or off depending on the level of detail required. The daily log can be exported to a very presentable PDF for hard copy filing.

Daily log data input is quick and painless and has reduced the time required for data entry while at the same time allowing for more detailed and informative document.
Procore does have a feedback forum where you can suggest new or modified functionality. They also have support chat that you can utilize to get immediate responses.

The feedback forum is great, but sometimes it feels like the development is slow or stalled on suggestions.

The chat function is pretty good and the reps are knowledgeable. If they are unable to answer my question they follow-up through email very quickly. I am very satisfied with Procore's support.

As a Procore customer you are also assigned to a Procore Customer Success team. I haven't had to reach out to them very much, but if I need to escalate an issue they are always available.

I don't give support a 10 because of the slow or ambiguous responses I have received through the feedback forum.

Procore also provides a "community" forum where you can reach out to other users to answer any questions you might have.
Intuitive and logical. The app is easy to navigate and doesn't utilize an overly complex menu system. I wish the drawing markups tool was more robust since it is the primary tool for the field.
Read Richard Bernot's full review
December 18, 2019
David Wilson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Procore for our Project Management. We use all the Procore modules from field tools to financials. Procore addressed the issue of connecting our stakeholders from Architects to Subcontractors and Owners. Procore allows our project teams to more effectively manage their projects. We integrate Procore into our Sage Accounting system allowing two way communication.
  • Procore manages our drawings effectively by always keeping everyone on the latest revision.
  • Procore's punch list tool is very effective at tracking punch list items from initiation to completion.
  • The Change Events tool is very useful in starting the Change order process.
  • The Bidding module does not update subcontractor info automatically like BuildingConnected.
  • Some of the financial integrations can be tricky depending on your work flow.
Procore is great for General contractors who work with many different subs. Procore keeps everyone informed and coordinated. You can also use Procore with Docusign to make it even easier to get important docs approved.
Read David Wilson's full review
December 03, 2019
Sara Petterson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Procore is used across the company to keep all areas of the construction process updated from the field to the office. We use it to keep in contact with subcontractors, keeping daily logs, maintaining prime contracts, subcontracts, budgets, drawings, documents, updated photos, and drawings. It allows us to keep communication live through the process as well as keep change orders, purchase orders, documents and commitments organized in one place so everyone can see what they need wherever they are.
  • Organization of subcontracts (commitments).
  • Maintaining budget items on the subcontract side.
  • Uploading drawings, submitting, and as-builts.
  • Keeping communication in one place to track an item.
  • Customer support is quick and insightful.
  • Prime contract invoicing to Quickbooks does not allow for ERP link.
  • Prime contract change orders do not link easily within ERP on Quickbooks.
  • ERP communication is lagging as compared to the other areas of Customer support. Often that is the area that we need quicker support as so many things rely o that connection before you can proceed forward.
General usage and subcontracts are incredible and are easy to use within the Quickbooks platform. Prime contract usability with the Quickbooks platform is where we run into the biggest problem. Another area that could use improvement is the compliance tracking.

A good portion of construction management provides a more streamlined approach throughout all aspects of the construction process. If you are looking for a way to keep the processes in one area and the ability to track jobs through all portions of the process, Procore does a great job with this.
Read Sara Petterson's full review
November 09, 2019
Matthew Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
At Century Exteriors Inc. We use Procore to manage and organize our HR, safety, management, and financials for projects. We primarily use it for project management and safety, as we have grown and become more comfortable with it we have started to use it for other areas such as quality control, HR, and financials over projects. We find Procore covers most PM daily tasks and is simple to use in the field from their app. This is where it counts, field and office. Safety, HR, and quality control are among some of the items that get left behind, having them in an app form helps our workers remember these items needing to be completed. Something I wish they had: Clone inspections and observations Add multiple signatures to inspections and observations. Safety isn't just about filling a form out, we need to legally have workers sign off. We've made them aware of the hazards and safety protocols so we need workers confirmation they have received these. Procore hasn't been that user-friendly to the subcontractor side of construction. We're a subcontractor with occasional contracting. We need something a bit more streamlined or simplified.
  • Document control - one place for everything. Just wish we could have all files move to new projects created with the project template.
  • Employee/contact Log - everyone's tickets and certifications, letters can be kept in one place listed per company. Just wish we could track expiries outdated training tickets or expired safety equipment or vehicle/equipment inspections
  • Project Management - allows many employees to participate in a single project with a level of permissions and always has the latest revisions.
  • I've listed some already but - inspection forms sign and clone
  • Hidden % markup for change orders
  • Track and extract all inspections for selected dates and export full form details for safety submissions
  • Allow files to transfer from folder list from the project template. We have many forms that need to be added to every project
Good for medium to large construction companies, small construction companies need a smaller simpler version as they often are in the office while they're working in the field. They don't have time to do the fine detail of larger company office workforce
Read Matthew Smith's full review
January 20, 2020
Bryan Rose | TrustRadius Reviewer
We do commercial landscape projects, with a few jobs a year that we general on. Procore helps manage our time sheets and stores all documentation in an organized fashion. This allows people in the field to be able to access it without having a bunch of paperwork floating around or in their vehicles since we do not have an on-site office most of the time.
  • Timecards. The time cards are very easy to set up and get going with. It was a seamless process between our program in our office to Procore.
  • Drawings. The drawings are just a useful tool with all the accessories and tools that you can use to do small takeoffs, figure out square footage, and find distances on the plans and mark them up.
  • Directory. Every time I add somebody into the directory and click on "Add to all jobs" it doesn’t add to it. I have to go in manually to each job and add a new worker into each one of the jobs.
  • Permissions. It's just very complicated to get things set up and try to figure out how you want your permissions. It takes some time to get used to, but once you have it all set up then you’re good to go.
Having the ability to access updated plans on-site and being able to do takeoffs to figure out material quantities onsite instead of back in the office is a great function of Procore. Some of the stuff that is less appropriate to us are the functions just for general projects (since typically we are subcontractors).
It makes it so I don’t have to drop off a paper copy and do a paper copy every day. I save on gas which saves money and it saves time. Also, when my boss asked me how things are going on a job, the photos and the daily logs are all there. He can see what the weather was like, how everything is going, and he does not have to make a stop out on the job site.
Read Bryan Rose's full review
January 20, 2020
Julia Gonzalez | TrustRadius Reviewer
We keep all of our project plans, schedules, and internal communication to ensure that the whole team is looking at the same information to better execute and also provide updates to our clients.
  • Keep documents for the whole team.
  • Uploading plans/drawings is very user-friendly.
  • Labeling of the emails when sending from documents/forms.
  • Submittals approvals for clients that don't use Procore.
Punch List from the App: from the creation of punch. It's easy to document and upload pictures to make sure that any change order or change request is properly documented. It also notifies everyone in the project that has to do something, from sending CO for approval to ordering more materials.
Our PM's are communicating better with clients and the rest of the team about what is happening in the field with the projects. That means the rest of the team can better assist with procurement and also making sure we stay on schedule.
Read Julia Gonzalez's full review
Tracy Costello | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Procore for all project management. Procore has been instrumental in improving the setup and distribution of project details and information. The commitments tool has become invaluable with managing subsubcontracts and subsubcontractor pay applications. Procore manages the details in one central project location, that are then reconciled with our company accounting software.
  • Commitments tool - Centralized location, easy tracking of vendor/subcontractor pay applications.
  • Reporting - is helpful and intuitive
  • Timekeeping - Timesheets are confusing. We are really struggling with how to efficiently use Procore for timekeeping
  • Dropdown lists are cumbersome with the Desktop view - Procore doesn't remember frequently used or allow for filtering.
If a colleague is willing to follow the process and support given during setup, I think it can be a successful transition. If the colleague is someone who likes to fly through things and explore, without following a plan, they can end up with more cleanup than necessary.
Read Tracy Costello's full review
Bruno Pasini | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a company with multiple project managers, superintendents, and foremen, we use Procore to standardize and streamline all of our processes through the many jobs we execute every year. Procore is a huge part of our day to day, from document control to financial management. It helps us achieve a higher level of organization and consistency through every job.
Procore helps us stay on track and keep track of various aspects, increasing the accountability of all team players involved with the tools (RFIs, Submittals, Specifications, Drawings, PCOs, COs, Daily Logs, POs, Subcontracts, etc.).
  • Submittals
  • Requests for Information
  • ERP
  • Implementing software updates
Procore really is the latest out there for Construction Project Management. It covers all sides of Documents and Risk Control, Financial Management and Labor/ QC.
Out of all construction management products out there, Procore is definitely the most complete and one of the most user-friendly. If properly implemented is a great investment for anyone in the industry seeking to better standardize construction management processes.
I haven't used the daily logs feature, but we've used Procore's graphs to show labor trends. Browsing through past weeks and months becomes much easier when labor and construction schedule issues arise.
Read Bruno Pasini's full review
Reid VanDis | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use daily logs and daily log reporting to document our work and issues that arise. The inspection tool has been customized to what we want to get inspected on each unit and I get a report every week on the open inspections and deficiencies. We use the drawings tool constantly as the main source of blueprint reading and keeping up to date with changes that our customers are making
  • Being able to customize reports
  • Overlay tool to compare drawings
  • It is frustrating to have different features on Android, Apple, tablet and desktop
  • I would like a better option to bulk add inspections for all locations
Procore has greatly reduced the paper plans we print off and use. Having a location for all of the documents needed on the job site on a tablet makes decisions much quicker.
Job pictures being stored and time-stamped is a very reliable way to communicate information accurately as to progress on a specific day.
Previously we used paper logs. It was a process to get guys to change their habits, but daily logs are now done consistently. I don't believe it is any faster but it is definitely more convenient to do a daily log on the device you are carrying with you all day than having to do it in a truck or trailer.
Read Reid VanDis's full review
January 15, 2020
Chad Kimball | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Procore on construction projects from looking at plans, managing timesheets, documenting the work, and scheduling.
  • Ability to store all documentation/documents in one place.
  • Ability to manipulate plans and send messages to people in the field.
  • It's hard to find a way to put managers time in.
  • Can not delete pictures from field devices.
In construction, Procore has made my life extremely easier from the storage of all documents, being able to organize all of our work documentation, managing timesheets, and the ability to accurately pinpoint areas my guys need to do extra work/specific work that gets relayed to them right away. Personally, I have not found a situation where Procore was not appropriate.
Before Procore, we used an Excel sheet with Dropbox, and that was okay at best. Having everyone doing daily logs in one place with the code already preset for them has eliminated the number of errors on them. Also, on my end, being able to review/adjust/approve on one platform without having to print all and turn in is a huge benefit.
Read Chad Kimball's full review
January 13, 2020
Carrie Bessette | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Procore to manage submittals, drawings, write and send POs and subcontracts on all of our current projects. We also utilize the bidding tool to distribute drawings and specs to our vendors for potential new projects. Workflow seems much smoother with Procore than before. I don't have to remember to send an email to follow up as Procore can do that for me. I also get notifications when someone updates their response to a submittal which is also helpful. Managing our POs and Subcontracts seems a little simpler as well.
  • Project Management Tool is easy to use or modify. Actually all of the tools we are currently using are easy to use, or modify or "figure out" when there are questions.
  • Customer Support - whether live chat of email, they are quick to respond and work through any issues with you until you get what you need. If they can't help, they will put it to another level to make sure you are getting the support you need.
  • On the budget, having man weeks instead of a lump sum for labor would be useful for our company.
  • Having our Procore "talk" to another company's Procore will be a bonus instead of the upload and download and re-upload that we are doing now.
Well Suited: Project Management, Submittal workflow
Less Appropriate: unsure at this time
I don't enter daily logs, but some of the field staff do, we need to be more proactive with getting all field members to enter daily logs. Based on what I have seen it is more informative for us in the office to have the daily logs filled in.
20-30 second response via chat and quick response via email support requests. Plus follow up if needed. Support people will also reach out to other people if they don't have the answer you are looking for. They are super great!!
I have non "techie" guys in the field who are using Procore on a regular basis and look to Procore for the updated information they need. Instead of phone calls they are able to get what they need right off most of the time.
Read Carrie Bessette's full review
Maria Housell | TrustRadius Reviewer
We manage contracts, change orders, and--most important--shop drawing/submittal changes. Since we are nationwide, we usually struggle to keep up with the constant changes that occur throughout the construction process. Procore keeps everything in order, in real time, for everyone to view at any time from anywhere. We can all be on the same page!
  • Tracking
  • Constant support available
  • I wish I could search for a word or type on a set of drawings without having to click through each sheet to find the window type I am looking for.
  • I wish we had more markup tools like Nitro has. Example: have an "undo" button instead of having to always click select, hover over it, and then delete.
Procore is great at tracking for construction projects. The financial side can tend to be a little confusing, which is why we do not use it as our only record. We are still using QuickBooks. Is there a way to sync/link our QuickBooks to Procore? Perhaps we are just not comfortable with it yet.
Much easier to pick up where you left off. Makes daily workflow seamless and smooth.
Read Maria Housell's full review
Stacey Fournier | TrustRadius Reviewer
We manage commercial and residential small-to-large construction projects. We use Procore to maintain a current set of drawings, submittals, and RFIs.
Once we started using Procore, our field electricians felt more confident that they were accessing the most current, accurate information (i.e. drawings).
  • Drawing maintenance
  • Submittal maintenance
  • Daily Field Logs: There are too many fields to click on--cannot just type issues.
  • Spec Sections: It can be difficult to import--and time-consuming.
We find the major strength of Procore is drawing maintenance, and updating on a frequent basis is very easy. I find the change order process difficult.
We do not use these. We use OneNote for our field.
Read Stacey Fournier's full review
Laura Ausbrooks | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Procore as a building material supplier for commercial projects. Since implementing the program, we have seen an increase in information flow for each project and an ease of tracking responses to changes that occur within the course of the project. We can ensure that each member of the team is utilizing the same document versions.
  • Document Sharing.
  • Project Organization.
  • There Task functions needs to be able to allow for multiple assignees.
  • Notifications on specific modules could be improved.
When we are in the bidding process of a project, Procore has made the distribution of project documents straightforward and efficient. Every member of the project team has the same information in a format that is easy to access. In the construction world, new print sets with changes are posted all the time, and Procore has enabled us an easy way to get that information to the entire project team. It is a platform that is built to fit the needs of a general contractor, so there are functions that it offers that as a supplier, we don't use. Still, we have been able to confirm many of those to meet work in other ways than they were initially intended.
The ability to track responses to RFIs and Bulletins has dramatically affected our daily workflow. Much less time is spent distributing the information, and we can easily follow responses — less room for error.
Read Laura Ausbrooks's full review
January 09, 2020
Branden Clements | TrustRadius Reviewer
We utilize Procore to give clients in healthcare institutions and general contractors transparency. Being able to share information in an instant, catalog, and document our work throughout the years and implement change quickly to field staff. It also serves as our time cards and keeps track of billable hours and budgets. Being a company that is across the US it's nice to have the ability to have a standard across the board and Procore is a platform that helps accomplish that well.
  • Standardization.
  • Ease of use.
  • More customization with reports.
  • Timecards for non-field staff.
Sharing information to clients within any construction or healthcare platform works flawlessly with Procore. Keeping track of clients as you would with a CRM, isn't as great. It's not granular enough nor should it have to be.
Read Branden Clements's full review
January 09, 2020
Todd Renken | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Procore to be our instant non-verbal communication with other project managers and, more importantly, with the installers of the business. Therefore, as a specialty contractor Procore is more than another software to compile documents, send e-mails through, and assign tasks to individuals within or outside of your team. Procore is the software that has deleted other software's and has connected us to other teams from our vendors to the general contractors. Managing resources is essential and is the result to the effectiveness of a manager. Therefore, any project that has a more than one purchase or has a duration greater than a week is developed and managed through Procore. Procore solves many issues but the greatest that it solves is the office being "in-step" with the field installation without being at the site one hundred percent of the time.
  • Overlaying plans and keeping the previous plan sets.
  • Observations on-site and placing them within the plans and then tasking an individual to create a solution.
  • The schedule tool is difficult to change without uploading an update.
  • Submittal correspondence for the subcontractor is difficult due to the nature of the process to the GC and architect.
Procore is the greatest for communicating, non-verbally, with the installation crew to the project manager. Therefore, in situations of a scope gap between trades or unclear architectural drawings. Procore allows the foreman of the team to take of picture of the existing or furnished field condition and place the picture within the plans (detail or floor plan pages) and show the general contractor, architect, or client that additional work needs to be completed due to the existing condition. Being able to upload multiple sets of drawings also helps streamline the process of field verification of our scope of work as a glazing contractor. The places that Procore is less appropriate is in the meeting notes. As a subcontractor, we do not use this function as much as other users would.
Daily Logs is one of the aspects of Procore that our specific company and our installers have the longest learning curves. Due to the fact that it takes away from installation time and precious time at that with all of the advanced and aggressive scheduling that the general contractor has to commit. The daily log is the first item that gets pushed to the end of the week with the field installers input weekly hours. Yet daily logs are the place that we have designated for our foreman to communicate material or manpower needs for the project.
Read Todd Renken's full review
January 07, 2020
Renee Falls | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a commercial concrete subcontractor. We work for larger general contractors in our area. We use Procore for document storage, daily reports, photos, drawings, specs, and submittals. Procore also keeps a running log/time-stamp of all emails we send through it, in case there is an issue or discrepancy. With Procore's unlimited storage, we are able to upload all documentation needed for each of our projects and free up our desktop computers.
  • Documentation Storage
  • Email with time stamps
  • Timekeeping was tough, so we don't utilize it anymore.
  • Sometimes glitchy
I think that Procore is definitely better suited for general contractors working on larger projects. It serves its functions well for us, but we do not need all of the bells and whistles that Procore offers. It definitely helps keep everything organized, though, which is huge for us. Also, RFIs and daily reports are very important for us and those are the daily items I use.
Daily logs are now a breeze. We went from each crew hand-writing their daily log on a piece of paper, to now sending them electronically WITH photos. Daily reports are probably the best thing we have now from Procore. It is super easy to do from a cell phone and it's completed within a minute or two.
Read Renee Falls's full review
January 07, 2020
Brooks Burdick | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our main goal for using Procore initially was to create a centralized location for all aspects of document control on our projects. Procore has been a great asset to our team to ensure that both office and field staff are on the same page, and it facilitates communication throughout our organization. We're gradually rolling out different features of the app to our team, and, for the most part, the team is receptive to these new processes and learning the functions quickly.
  • Document management
  • Safety form processing
  • Integration with our clients that are using Procore to reduce redundancy in document upload and processing.
  • Sub-specific RFI tracking. The current system is definitely usable on a subcontractor level, however it's more suited to a general contractor's processes.
We've found Procore to be ideal for our document management processes as well as centralizing forms for various internal functions.
We like how the daily logs are able to be customized to track the things we specifically want documented, while there is a wide range of things that can be added to what we currently use. The daily logs are a great feature of the application.
Read Brooks Burdick's full review

Support for external payroll vendors (1)
3.6
Dashboards (2)
6.2
Standard reports (2)
Custom reports (2)
3.7
Data exportability (2)
6.5
Plan distribution & viewing (518)
Plan markups & sharing (497)
Issue tracking & punchlists (485)
Photo documentation (523)
Jobsite reports (492)
Document sharing (538)
RFI tools (510)
Collaboration & approvals (497)
As-built drawings (119)
5.1
Mobile app (508)
Submittal design and management (2)
5.4
Meeting Minutes (2)
Specifications (2)
Change orders (2)
Bid creation (1)
4.5

What is Procore?

Procore construction software manages construction projects, resources and financials from planning to closeout. The platform connects every project contributor to solutions built specifically for the industry for the owner, the general contractor and the specialty contractor. The ability to communicate across teams makes it easier to work together by establishing a single source of truth. This is how Procore gives teams access to everything they need to know to get the job done.

Procore Features

Has featureJobsite reports
Has featureRFI tools
Has featureCollaboration & approvals
Has featureMobile app
Has featureSubmittal design and management
Has featureMeeting Minutes
Has featureSpecifications
Has featureChange orders

Estimating Features

Has featureJob costing
Has featureBid creation

Human Resource Management Features

Has featureCompliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)

Payroll Management Features

Has featureSupport for external payroll vendors
Has featurePayroll history for each employee
Has featurePayroll tracking and auditing

Reporting & Analytics Features

Has featureTransmittals
Has featureBIM

Procore Videos (2)

Procore Integrations

Box, Sage 300 CRE Connector for Accounting, MICROSOFT PROJECT 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, OxBlue, Primavera P3, P6, Suretrak, ProEst

Procore Competitors

Procore Pricing

• Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
Project Management4,500annually
Project Management + Financial Management6,588annually
Custom BundleCustom Quote

Pricing shown is for organizations running $3M or less in construction volume each year.

Procore Support Options