Overall Satisfaction with Autodesk Civil 3D
Land surveying is being carried out using RTK GPS so surface points could be collected. After that, these points are imported to Civil 3D and Digital Terrain Models can be built through TIN surfaces. Once Digital Terrain Models are finished, engineers start to analyze water discharge points from flow paths created from water drops. With these discharge points, they can create each catchment from the surface, and, consequently, obtain surface hydraulic length, slope, and area and water flow rates. The next step was to create stormwater pipes and structures according to the discharge points and check their dimensions. When stormwater project is ready, the same process is taken with wastewater, but catchments are no longer necessary. In the end, interferences are verified with an interference check tool, so systems won't touch each other and lower excavation volume is needed. The land survey Team and Urban Infrastructure Design Team are responsible for these tasks.
- Digital Terrain Modeling
- Catchment and water discharge points' identification
- Urban Drainage Systems design and excavations' volumes
- Specific tools for sewers design
- Possibility for the users to choose other rainfall data and parameters
- Possibility to create vertical pipes in gravity networks
- Possibility to analyze different scenarios of underground infrastructure design
- Fast material volumes and quantities reports
- Easiest way to achieve BIM mandate's objectives
Do you think Autodesk Civil 3D delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Autodesk Civil 3D's feature set?
Did Autodesk Civil 3D live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Autodesk Civil 3D go as expected?
Would you buy Autodesk Civil 3D again?
Civil 3D is the ideal software for infrastructure design, like earthworks, roads, excavation, drainage and sewers systems. However, it would be an even better product if it was possible for the users to create pipe networks parts in an easier way. It is extremely difficult to create pipe diameters or structures' dimensions when you need to design underground systems.