- We use this software for the optimal and advanced design of pipelines and complex structuring, or it can also be said that we use it mainly for a geotechnical model, due to its high definition of the large proportion of the works that are carried out through of this application, since the tasks that are used with Civil 3D require extreme patience, precision and a lot of time to develop a model in its entirety, but we managed to acquire all the necessary and strategic points, to establish and start the production of a prototype digitized in particular.
- Easy to export to normal AutoCAD or collaborate with most Autodesk products.
- Vehicle Turning Simulation and Stormwater analysis is great addition to the package. Ability to use the all familiar AutoCAD tools, as well as LISP and SCR to automate some processes is one of the greatest advantages of the software.
- There is nothing to improve in Civil 3D, I personally use Autodesk products like Maya, max and other including Civil 3D and Autodesk has a separate R&D team for tools development which they do their jobs perfectly.
- Simple and self-explanatory user interface.
- Inter usability between other software such as MicroDrainage and Bentley CivilStorm.
- Autodesk customer service.
- Easily customizable.
Not suitable: The software is still very resource intensive on the machines and often crashes when too much data is being shown. Though significant improvements have been made in other Autodesk software like Revit, older applications like AutoCAD and C3D seem to be stuck on old, inefficient source codes.