Overall Satisfaction with Dell EMC Avamar
We use Avamar as our data center backup platform. We have been using Avamar for the past 5 years and have had great success. Our environment is completely virtual and we use the backup solution to not only backup the data within a server using the backup agents but we also use Avamar to backup the VMs.
- Avamar's deduplication technology is extremely efficient. Each backup of a server is considered a full backup but only changed bits for data are copied.
- The backup process is almost as easy as set it and forget it. Once the policy and schedules are created Avamar works and works without issues. It is very rare we have any failed backups.
- Avamar offers a wide range of backup agents and a very customizable backup configuration
- Initial purchase cost is on the high end.
- After initial support package has expired the cost to renew is extremely high.
- Media export option is lacking on features and then using exported media for restore is a cumbersome process.
- Much less time spent managing backups (Configuration and tape changes).
- Successful backups. 99+% of all our backups are successful
Dell Avamar Feature Ratings
Dell EMC Avamar Support
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Yes - It was part of our initial purchase. Multi year support. This also covers software upgrades.
Using Dell EMC Avamar
The system overall is easy to monitor and see your backup/restore status. The user interface could use updating as it relies on Java and any updates to Java cause the interface to stop working need to be reinstalled.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Restore selection and execution
- Reviewing recent backup or restore activity.
- Dashboard shows a great overview of recent backups success or failures along with system utilization and any warnings.