Overall Satisfaction with Bamboo
It's being used across the organization for our CI/CD server...this includes native Android and iOS apps, mobile and desktop web sites, and the back end. We use Bamboo instead of Jenkins because it's more tightly integrated with other Atlassian tools like JIRA. The server is hosted in-house (Atlassian is discontinuing Bamboo Cloud which I'm not sure was a good idea for them because that just concedes the market to CircleCI, etc.)
- Provides a user-friendly UI compared to Jenkins
- Provides a dashboard where users can download artifacts
- Provides good status indicators and email notifications of build status/progress
- Doesn't have Jenkins' scaling abilities with their Swarm agents.
- Isn't as user-friendly as CircleCI.
- Is too centrally managed (probably more an indicator of our usage than the product though)...most companies let the developers have admin access to the build server.
- Doesn't have as many plugins as Jenkins to do various things like upload to servers, etc.
- Helped us automate our build process
- Gives us build status on a nice dashboard
- Minimal installation fuss