Review: "The more complicated your needs, the harder it is to use Birst."https://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligence-biBirstUnspecified6.81781012018-03-01T20:12:39.373Z
Overall Satisfaction with Birst
Birst is used across my organization, but particularly by the sales and marketing departments. It is used to track pipeline flow from impressions to revenue.
- Birst's SQL-like language is conveniently familiar for experienced developers
- Birst integrates well with Salesforce and external CSV data sources.
- Birst's support staff is reasonably responsive, if not always able to provide a satisfactory result.
- Birst contains several sub-systems with similar, but signifcantly incompatible, syntax and functionalities. This leads to confusion and difficulty.
- Birst provides insufficient control over how charts are rendered and how dashboard prompts are displayed and used. This has lead to significant dissatisfaction on the part of those for whom I've developed dashboards.
- Significant parts of Birst resemble a relational database, but cannot be made to function like one. This results in jumping through complicated hoops to construct the fact tables for a multiple-relation data system.
- Speed and agility
- Ability to meet corporate data standards such as scale and security
- Ability to do ad-hoc analysis and scheduled reports
- Increased adoption, usage and self-service
Birst is not fast. It takes a long time to process our complicated data system, and it often takes a days to develop our complex reports, usually for reasons that are not readily apparent. This probably says more about our use of Birst than the product in general, but the facts remain. Despite this, I have managed to deliver a wide variety of reports to meet the needs of my colleagues.
Birst integrates with Salesforce and CSV files sufficiently to meet our needs. I have not tried to integrate with other data sources, and I don't see how it would be possible to do so, either.
Birst Feature Ratings
Pixel Perfect reports
Report Formatting Templates
Integration with R or other statistical packages
Report sharing and collaboration
Publish to PDF
Report Delivery Scheduling
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Multi-User Support (named login)
Role-Based Security Model
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)