Overall Satisfaction with Birst
We use birst as platform for our analytics product and sell our analytics product to our customer which is a cancer hospital. We use Birst to perform clinical data dta analysis on patient treatment data collected by hospitals. We distribute our analytics product hosted on our cloud environment which is developed on the Birst platform.
- Birst has a very good UI dashboard module.
- Visualizer module to explore explore data is very to learn and use, especially for less tech savvy people.
- Birst connect to upload data which provides push mechanism from source system.
- Birst has lot of bugs, need to improve on quality.
- Birst Modeling layer is difficulty to pick up
- ETL functionality is very limited and difficult to work with
- Speed and agility
- Decreased deployment time and risk
- Increased adoption, usage and self-service
We are able to achieve all of the above selected points. My concern with the software started when Birst got acquired by Infor and as part of consolidation they moved the support function to India; It's now a nightmare to get support on issues working in the PST time zone. After Birst's acquisition, we as a customer were not given as much of attention as we use to get around feature or bug fix prioritization.
We chose Birst as birst Appliance and cloud versions has same set of features available. Power BI hosted on Azure cloud has competitive pricing, but Power BI report server has very limited features available and is also very expensive. Due to PHI data regulations in different countries, we needed both flavors to sell our product.
I have given this rating as I have used only one method to load data on Birst which is Birst Connect, and this works like charm in our case most of the time. In our case we do not own the customer's data, so Birst Connect solved a big use case of data transfer from one network to another in a seamless and secure manner. I like their security team, run by an enthusiastic set of people who make sure that enough security vulnerability testing is done, and they also publish results with their customers.