March 16, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Birst
Birst is being used by Acxiom as a multi-tenant reporting system for Acxiom clients to review business and operational data from several databases and database types.
- Deployment for multi-tenant environments is much easier than others I have used.
- I like how easy it is to set up many dashboards and views that look standard and professional without a lot of formatting.
- The query speed is very good for large amounts of data if there are adequate aggregates set up.
- Documentation of the product in the help files is outdated and incomplete in many cases. Several features are only documented in the community because enough people have asked questions about a topic. The search functionality in both help and community is really bad.
- Support tickets take way too long to answer and the answers are often inadequate. I have never worked with a company that has so few people on the support team or that took so long to respond. This is my biggest complaint and one that may result in switching products if it is not addressed.
- User administration is scattered into many different places and bulk updates are only available for creating users. There should be bulk updates for adding users to spaces and to groups (possibly do all 3 things in one command?)
- The Data Flow and Manage Local Sources code can't be used simultaneously and there is no documentation as to why. When a use case comes up where you need to switch from one to another it causes big issues.
- Speed and agility
- Decreased deployment time and risk
Yes, we are satisfied with these outcomes. Reports are rendering quickly and deployments are easily repeatable for many clients with minimal changes to commands.
Birst Feature Ratings
8 out of 10 times I find the answer to a problem before the support team does. Many times I get the wrong answer from them. I don't find that they evaluate problems well before they start working on them. Many times they work from screen prints and logs without ever speaking to me to find out what is going on.
Kept well informed
Problems left unsolved
Difficult to get immediate help
Need to explain problems multiple times
Support doesn't seem to care
Slow Initial Response
Yes - Almost never. I have submitted many bugs and usually have to find my own workaround.