June 23, 2017
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Blackbaud NetCommunity
We use Blackbaud NetCommunity (BBNC) for foundation-related event registrations and online contributions. It allows us to create varied means by which the donor or other constituents can become an active participant in the worthwhile endeavors of our organization.
- Handles all donations and event registrations well.
- I appreciate the ability NetCommunity has to link with The Raiser's Edge. Makes data entry very easy and efficient in handling donations and event registrations.
- My first experience with NetCommunity was approximately 5 years ago. I have not received formal training and had to learn things on my own (with help from support and documentation). It was easy to learn and I gladly use it still to this day.
- I believe added flexibility and customization would be beneficial. Perhaps, the ability is there, but I have not yet tapped into it's potential. For example, it would be nice to add more than just a logo on the registration page.
- Not sure of what else there is. It has served it's purpose for me quite well.
- Initial costs (sticker shock) are always of concern. However, I believe the product pays for itself in the long-term.
- The ROI is significant in that it provides an application that is already "out-of-the-box" for most organizations and their various objectives. Otherwise, an organization is limited in it's options for other solutions (i.e. using third party vendors that charge for application use and maintenance). Whereas, I am responsible for publishing what our organization puts out on the internet and any communications, and Blackbaud is simply hosting the application and is there for support.
To be honest, I have not had to research any other products, because we were already using NetComunity and did not feel it necessary to seek out alternatives.
I believe it is well suited for online donations, memberships, event registrations, and email communications. It does quite well in what I've needed it to do. It would be nice to have added customization in event registrations, but perhaps I have not asked the correct questions that would get me to that point.