Overall Satisfaction with Buddy Punch
We use Buddy Punch company wide. Having the ability to track employee hours by department and location is a huge benefit to us as we can find out where the most time is spent. We also require GPS location in case we run into issues with employees clocking in/out when they are not where they are supposed to be.
- Their customer service is second to none. We have requested several changes over the years for the web interface and app; I think all the requests we've made were implemented by this point. I only wish this was the case with other companies we utilize.
- They allow you to set different pay rates based on department which allows us to pay employees more for the skilled jobs they perform versus the more basic work they perform. This is a huge benefit to a small company as it encourages employees to strive for more skilled work and they keep moving up the ladder to become even better assets to the company.
- The reports you can run are very thorough and work very well for us when it comes time to enter payroll.
- Having the ability to set alerts has allowed us to cut back on unnecessary overtime as employees can get reminders prior to going over. We can also set reminders for employees to punch in/out for the ones that have a tendency to forget.
- The app used to be subpar, but it functions much better now and has more features. I know this isn't a CON at this point, but it's worth mentioning.
- The Time Off Calendar doesn't fit a computer screen which is a little difficult to use at times. Maybe instead of it showing each employee who is scheduled for PTO that day it should show there is PTO for that day and you can click on it to show the employees and what the PTO is for.
- It would be nice to switch between Employees when you are viewing their details without having to go back to the list. When I enter PTO at the beginning of the year it takes longer because I have to go back to the list to get into the information for each employee.
- It would be nice if an employees PTO balance is at zero or will go to zero with the requested time off that the employee and manager/admin knew without having to view the employee info.
- Departments/Locations being able to be set by user.
- Pay Rates able to be set by department/location
- Alerts for OT and punch in/out
- Employee Detail Reports
- Being able to switch department/location in the app without punching out then back in.
- Improved Efficiency: Allows us to track time when employees are on site.
- Reduced Costs: Able to avoid unnecessary OT due to employees getting alerts.
- Reduced Costs: No longer paying an employee to tally hours like when we used a regular time clock.
When we decided to try Buddy Punch we were using a normal time clock and needed to have a better way to track time. I reviewed a few products, but went with Buddy Punch and have been happy ever since.
Do you think Buddy Punch delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Buddy Punch's feature set?
Did Buddy Punch live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Buddy Punch go as expected?
Would you buy Buddy Punch again?
Absolutely a 10. While there are a few things we'd like to see tweaked the overall experience is great. As I previously said, I wish other companies we used were as receptive to our feedback and willing to help when asked. I can't tell you how many hours of lost time we have each year due to sitting on the phone or in a live chat with customer service for other services we use.