Buildium, why I drink.
March 01, 2018
Buildium, why I drink.
Score 1 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Buildium
I use Buildium to manage a hundred units in 2 different states. Bulidum is used to track all financials, along with lease terms, tenants and vendors. These 100 units are split between the ownership of 5 LLCs and 8 different bank accounts. Buildium is user-friendly for basic management uses, however, this software is inefficient and difficult when attempting to communicate between the various companies. Specifically, a note between LLC A and LLC B will only register on one LLC ledger, and therefore must have 2 accts. to show the debit and credit for each company. Also, the Bills feature when paid with the Check feature, locks any information regarding the Bill, and cannot be undone, unless the transaction is un-reconciled. Also, you have to un-reconcile all months up to the desired date, meaning if you want to fix a date from May, and it is August, you have to un-reconcile July & June to get to May. It is really not as fun as it sounds. The software also poses problems with credit/deposit transfers. Crediting a tenants deposit to a different unit, will not be transferred into the security deposit liability acct. of that new unit. Overall, Builidum lacks on the financial side but is good for very basic transactions.
- It is visually pleasing.
- I am able to see the rent roll and tenants easily.
- Warnings for leases about to expire are convenient.
- The custom date range is very helpful.
- Reconciliation adjustment, please enact a password setting. Having to un-reconcile 4 months to get to the desired date is ridiculous.
- Fix the notes & loans to have communication between separate companies.
- Allow for duplicate vendors to merge.
- Give a re-send option for tenant portal use/creation.
- Allow to search by Invoice # (reference #)
- Fix the credit system, allow the transfer of deposits from one unit to be moved to another.
- When ending a lease, show the ledger adjustments as you add charges/refund deposits etc.
- Option to see duplicate transactions!!
- I have spent 50 hours trying to get a clear P & L and it is ridiculous.
- It is not well made.
- I can only send 10-99s through one company, so I had to HAND WRITE 50 1099 FORMS.