Great for Large Business
March 01, 2019
Great for Large Business
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Ceridian Dayforce
We are using Dayforce across the organization. We have implemented WFM, Payroll, Benefits, Reporting, Document Management and Dashboards. We have purchased Performance but have not started implementation with that module yet. We are retail and were previously using spreadsheets to write schedules with no comparison to the timeclock. The WFM module has completely changed the way our associates interact with their time.
- WFM module has the potential to significantly decrease overtime if used properly by managers.
- Ability to see labor in real time.
- Accessibility to associate information across the organization has been greatly enhanced and allows for greater security.
- Customer Support is lacking. Unless the issue is stopping payroll, your case may not get responded to for days or weeks. Also, customer support appears to be focused on a work around instead of finding the root of the problem. Very disappointing.
- Amount of time required of internal resources for implementation is exponentially more than the timeline provided by Dayforce. Implementation is a full time job for 2 people in the organization, one for payroll/benefits and the other for everything else. Sales team promises things that are not possible or require additional charges.
- Some implementation consultants are happy with "good enough". We want full functionality and felt like we needed to accept less than promised. We continued to push and received the end result we paid for but felt we should not need to push to get full functionality.
- The time to process weekly payroll has decreased from a full week to 1 1/2 days.
- Greatly decreased overtime for managers that are using the Plan tools to manage labor.
- Completing onboarding forms prior to orientation has significantly decreased the time needed during orientation.
Automating compliance with labor laws, state taxes, OT policies, Wage and Hour laws, healthcare eligibility, etc has greatly improved with Ceridian Dayforce. There is no functionality to manage FMLA without internal tracking or paying a third party vendor. Adding this feature would be a huge win for our organization and Dayforce.
Dayforce is more appropriate for large organizations. The amount of time needed for implementation is 4 to 5 times what is stated in the implementation plan. There are a large amount of canned reports which are great. If the need arises to create a custom report, the reporting module is not user-friendly. Uploading custom forms is complicated and requires someone who knows how to write XML code in order for it to work properly.