Overall Satisfaction with Dayforce HCM
Dayforce HCM is being used by our organization for Time and Attendance, HR, Benefits and Payroll as its main components. The application is used across the whole organization from an employee level up to our store directors. Currently, Dayforce has addressed some challenges faced with scheduling and excess overtime. Simply by the use of the time and attendance, we are able to manager employee attendance from our fingertips. Additionally, we are able to cut unnecessary overtime by restricting early punches right from the clock.
- The partnership Ceridian provides on a daily basis is impressive. We appreciate the resources available when needed as there are multiple resource avenues including their XOXO (Customer Success Program), Service Delivery Managers, Account Executives and the Support staff.
- The Single employee record is quite useful for our HR, Operations and Payroll teams to perform most efficiently. No need for interfaces between multiple applications that only open the possibilities of errors. When interfaces are required, we have had smooth integration.
- The support staff is friendly; however there is opportunity to improve knowledge and expertise of the system and capabilities.
- Reporting - Some of the standard reporting provided has some potential for improvement as well. An example is an employee change audit report. To improve the detail provided on the reports for usability on some standard offerings is recommended.
- Reduction in unnecessary overtime costs from early in-punches. Setting a restriction at the clock for employees early punches - 15 minutes from several people each shift adds up very quickly.
- Coupled with our operations teams, using the scheduling feature to schedule appropriately and being able to see what is being used (actual punches) in Timesheets allows for adjustments to be made mid week to meet budget if necessary. This has also decreased the OT scheduled and actually worked.
Dayforce HCM offers far more opportunity for our organization than the other vendors we've either had experience with or reviewed in our research. When we told Ceridian what it was that we needed in a provider, service and application they actually listened to our needs very closely. They immediately partnered with us and began to provide best practice suggestions from the demonstration on through our current relationship. We were not only presented with solutions and services that would meet our current needs and solve our pain points we had at the time, but further offered several potential enhancements we could consider for future growth as an organization and how Dayforce could and would help us achieve those future goals.
A score of 9 is well suited for most areas of Dayforce because of the commitment and partnership they provide proves as such. Some key questions to ask during the selection process may be what type of training is available and what is the plan for training the trainers? Implementation project planning and how that may be laid out and timed? Resources during implementation, what you will need internally to have a successful first payroll.
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Feature Ratings
Using Dayforce HCM
We have employees using the application from an employee self service stand point. We also have manager levels of users to update schedules, approve time cards and update position information. Further, we have store directors (we are retail) that will have another level of access to see their entire location, review schedule to budget information and authorize payroll for processing. Our HR staff has a level of authorization for benefit management - enrollments, updates, etc. Payroll of course has access to everything previously mentioned plus the ability to process payroll checks off cycle and commit the scheduled payrolls.