Very valuable, while still evolving.
Asa Pogrelis | TrustRadius Reviewer
Updated February 03, 2016

Very valuable, while still evolving.

Software Version

Most current version.

Modules Used

• Not sure...

Overall Satisfaction with Chartio

Access to data...weekly leadership team scorecard, program performance, etc. I really use chartio for all of my reporting needs now, primarily b/c it's so much more efficient than our other options.
  • Efficient access
  • Multiple options for displaying data
  • flexible analytics
  • Improved ability to build charts
  • Easier search for facts and dimensions
  • Formatting of data elements...adding $ or % symbols
  • Crystal Reports
Much more efficient access.
We need something that also allows distribution of reports to parties outside the organization. Currently exploring options.
not too widely yet. Mainly adopted by a smaller group...5-10 people.
Our devteam handles most of this, but they've been very happy wih the data connectivity.
The restrictions on how you can distribute reports is limiting for us. It's not a "reporting" tool, it's for dashboards is what we've finally realized.
More options to format data would be helpful.
I'm not sure chartio is great for the average/below average user if you're asking them to build their own charts/dashboards.

Using Chartio

While I like the flexibility of Chartio, there are some basic UI functions that don't exist, such as being able to see the entire name of a data field when building a chart, not easy to move things around or replace a measurement with another even when you're filtering the exact same. I like Chartio, it's just some times cumbersome when it feels like I'm not doing anything too fancy.

Chartio Reliability

Chartio has worked well as our datawarehouse has rapidly expanded, and the usability/performance hasn't seemed to have suffered. What we haven't yet realized is additional savings from additional users. We have some dashboard needs for users who truly just view of a few charts, and the licensing structure hasn't yet been structured in a way that would support that type of approach...having 50 "core" licenses, and then potentially several hundred view only licenses for partners that would use the application infrequently.