Overall Satisfaction with Chrome DevTools
I mainly use Chrome DevTools for making little tweaks to the CSS/HTML of the page and immediately see the result. In other cases, it is also used for debugging and speed tests.
- While designing or editing a webpage Chrome DevTools lets you easily make changes to your HTML/CSS and immediately show the result in your Chrome browser.
- In the console, Chrome DevTools, shows errors inside your page.
- The timeline in Chrome DevTools can be used for optimizing the speed of your website.
- There are many functions and this might be hard for starters.
- User interface could be improved
- It is a free tool so it is hard to give a negative impact. The positive is that it saves a lot of time, the changes you make are visible in your browser immediately. There is no need to upload your changes to your local or remote server and then refresh your browser.
- Chrome DevTools is a very good free solution for multiple different use cases.
- Firebug and Firefox Developer Tools
Chrome is my browser of choice and so Chrome DevTools is the tool to use here. In the past I used Firebug in Firefox (now Firefox Developer Tools) and had a good experience with that tools too. They are very similar.
- It is a great tool for improving your website.
- Making changes and immediately getting the result in the browser without having to upload anything to a web server.
- If you are looking for some of the used resources in the website you are viewing there is a handy overview in the sources tab.