Overall Satisfaction with Cisco 5520 Wireless Controller
Our Cisco 5520 Wireless Controller is positioned in the main switch and with it, we manage the entire park of access points with internal and external antennas installed in various locations. The scenario used in the WLC 5520 is in high availability with two units to supply in case of hardware problems. With our WLC + Prime, we have control, management, and absolute monitoring of the WLAN network quite easily. We receive alerts via e-mail and SMS in case of access point failures and security problems.
- It has the ability to manage all Cisco access points that we have, regardless of the model. The limit is 1500 pieces of equipment.
- The WLC enables roaming functionality in the localities, this helps with collections, wireless IP phones, and access with notebooks.
- The WLC manages the quality of the "air" and "signal" of the 2.4ghz frequency, avoiding noise and interference.
- The WLC has an interesting feature of visibility of the traffic of the internal network.
- SMARTnet support is expensive.
- I haven't seen any technical problems so far.
- Cisco DNA
- Control and network visibility at the layer 7 level
- Authentication with RADIUS servers
- Control by devices and users
- [It provides] mitigation of hacker attacks through the company's wireless network.
- [It is the] evolution of technology and prepared for wifi 6.
- [It has] high-density support.
Do you think Cisco 5520 Wireless Controller delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Cisco 5520 Wireless Controller's feature set?
Did Cisco 5520 Wireless Controller live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Cisco 5520 Wireless Controller go as expected?
Would you buy Cisco 5520 Wireless Controller again?
Cisco brings a lot of reliability to its products and durability. With the WLAN line, it is no different. We have a lot of equipment from different areas. We recommend the [Cisco] 5520 [Wireless Controller] in large scenarios and with a high density of connected users because the limit of this hardware is 1500 access points and 20,000 simultaneous clients. The [Cisco] 5520 [Wireless Controller] allows you to manage everything very easily, quickly and remotely instead of configuring one by one. Regardless of where the access points are installed, we are able to monitor and control them. This controller model is already compatible with the recent new standard of the high-speed wifi 6 market, 802.11ax.